Why is AW Defender still impossible to use in AQ in 2024 ?

Hi all,

quick question i ask myself today.. is why the defender that are most likely the best and most highly rank champion we have are lock in AW ?

I have a 7R3 Serpent and .. of course he is always in defense. It's fun to change the champion that we use for AQ sometimes #hercules but i can't because of this restriction.

I dont remember the raison behind it , and maybe if thing can change for the future ?

what's your toughts on that guys?

Comments

• zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,217 ★★★★★
    Only thing I can think of, if they allow aw defense in AQ, then you can have the same attackers in AQ and aw.
  • GMAX77GMAX77 Posts: 512 ★★★
    I've always assumed it had something to do with encouraging the expansion of rosters. I could be mistaken however.
  • OxygeN610OxygeN610 Posts: 57
    @Kabam Miike any take on this please ?
  • obsidimanobsidiman Posts: 907 ★★★

edited May 8

It's 2024, why do you only have 5 Champions that you want to use in every game mode? Diversify! We have no plans to change course on this.

my r3 serpent is always banned in battleground, can't use him there
    always use on AW, can't use it on attack..
    Story content.. everything done..

Only monthly AQ is the place when i can use him .. so 1 time per month.. yes i have other champ, but if i rank 3 a champ it's because i like him and want to play him ..

its because i want to diversify and play other champs that i ask that. because i never use him and want to play him.. you know hercules hercules hercules.. sometimes it's fun to change..
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,697 ★★★★★
    OxygeN610 said:

It's 2024, why do you only have 5 Champions that you want to use in every game mode? Diversify! We have no plans to change course on this.

Only monthly AQ is the place when i can use him .. so 1 time per month.. yes i have other champ, but if i rank 3 a champ it's because i like him and want to play him ..

its because i want to diversify and play other champs that i ask that. because i never use him and want to play him.. you know hercules hercules hercules.. sometimes it's fun to change..
    It's crazy that you only have a R3 Serpent on your roster and no one else.
  • AvnishAvnish Posts: 433 ★★★
    It is what it is. And why you want have fun in aq only even there so many modes to have fun. Use your serpent as attacker in EQ, SQ, BG, etc

OxygeN610 said:

it's my situation, im pretty sure im not the only one who want to play with a champ in AQ that is stuck in AW ...

it could be any other champ that is stuck in AW..

i ask nicely, my english is not perfect, but i would like to know why it isn't possible to do it.. I was expecting people to understand but as i can see, people are fine playing with hercules 24/7 ...
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 7,119 ★★★★★
    OxygeN610 said:

OxygeN610 said:

it's my situation, im pretty sure im not the only one who want to play with a champ in AQ that is stuck in AW ...

it could be any other champ that is stuck in AW..

i ask nicely, my english is not perfect, but i would like to know why it isn't possible to do it.. I was expecting people to understand but as i can see, people are fine playing with hercules 24/7 ...
    Why are you automatically assuming everyone here is using Hercules just because we don't care about aw champs being locked
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 7,471 ★★★★★

Ok Mr Miiike, Valid.

But Can you atleast consider the option of allowing us to remove and attach relics to AW defenders? It's 2024 and we still have freakin 24 relics only. So we are supposed to switch relics time to time but AW defender being relic locked makes this annoying.

@Kabam Miike Can you consider this?
    I don't wanna spam the chat but I really do love to have a answer for this from the mods. This doesn't make sense as relics are limited and they're being locked to defenders make no sense, not to mention that relics are disabled in AW defense anyways.

@Kabam Miike Care to explain?
  • iDestroyerZiDestroyerZ Posts: 727 ★★★★

Ok Mr Miiike, Valid.

But Can you atleast consider the option of allowing us to remove and attach relics to AW defenders? It's 2024 and we still have freakin 24 relics only. So we are supposed to switch relics time to time but AW defender being relic locked makes this annoying.

Yes, that is something we're working on. That's not a great experience and is something that we want to address.
    Is there a timeline for the release of new relics? We keep getting more rewards and offers for the relics but no new ones...i know we dislike them in the past but today i see the importance of some stats (like hulkbuster for shuri/guardian) and also the combo extent, i'd love to see some new relics
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 7,471 ★★★★★

Ok Mr Miiike, Valid.

Yes, that is something we're working on. That's not a great experience and is something that we want to address.
    Thanks for the response. Highly appreciate it.