**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Public Service Announcement - Never go for a new feature champ

Mmx1991Mmx1991 Posts: 674 ★★★★
...until they're fully vetted by the the community.

You can never tell how good a champion is when playing the monthly event quest boss. They're super noded and beefed up.

It sucks seeing players waste shards on champs that turn out to be duds.

Comments

• GamerGamer Posts: 10,033 ★★★★★
    And u Can never ikow How he is If peppel dont. Try to get him.
  • chev327foxchev327fox Posts: 826 ★★
    edited January 2018
    There are always going to be those who just throw shards in the wind to get the newest champ. From what I hear a lot of top players want him just for his very high prestige alone.

But yeah I do agree... wait for them to be vetted and maybe even a bit longer then that to make sure there were not bugs that would be nerfed later on. Most people will do it at least once until they learn the lesson from it... but there will always be people for various reason who go for the newest champs on day one hour one.

Gamer wrote: »

That is not actually true. People would get him just from normal everyday crystal pulls eventually. But you may be able to make the argument that it would take a lot longer to find out if he is good or not.

• TheOneAndOnlyTheOneAndOnly Posts: 690 ★★★
    chev327fox wrote: »
    There are always going to be those who just throw shards in the wind to get the newest champ. From what I hear a lot of top players want him just for his very high prestige alone.

But yeah I do agree... wait for them to be vetted and maybe even a bit longer then that to make sure there were not bugs that would be nerfed later on. Most people will do it at least once until they learn the lesson from it... but there will always be people for various reason who go for the newest champs on day one hour one.

Gamer wrote: »

That is not actually true. People would get him just from normal everyday crystal pulls eventually. But you may be able to make the argument that it would take a lot longer to find out if he is good or not.

Or they would get him from arena.
  • CuteshelfCuteshelf Posts: 747 ★★★
    Sometimes it’s a nostalgia type thing.

I went for Carnage because he’s been my favourite villain since the 90’s.

Plus the previous champs released were pretty good.

I thought, ‘he must be atleast decent’. 45k shards later I got him... such a waste.

The bigger issue is that Kabam don’t try and balance anything.

Just money money money....
  • TempestTempest Posts: 295
    There is the belief that it's easier to get the champ if you open the crystals as soon as they are released.. That's part of it.
  • DarkDrakeiusDarkDrakeius Posts: 80
    Mmx1991 wrote: »

You can never tell how good a champion is when playing the monthly event quest boss. They're super noded and beefed up.

Disagree, it's important people who want the chance at getting him go for him so they can test them out to give the rest of the players an idea whether or not THEY want to go for them as well. Sometimes testing the 3*s and 4*s aren't enough.
  • ThatweirdguyThatweirdguy Posts: 675 ★★★
    Tempest wrote: »
    There is the belief that it's easier to get the champ if you open the crystals as soon as they are released.. That's part of it.

But isn't it all RNG? haha
  • Mmx1991Mmx1991 Posts: 674 ★★★★

Disagree, it's important people who want the chance at getting him go for him so they can test them out to give the rest of the players an idea whether or not THEY want to go for them as well. Sometimes testing the 3*s and 4*s aren't enough.

Players can do whatever like feel like but I feel we should let the content creators and grinders test out the 3 and 4 star champs before pumping 5 months worth of shard collecting into an unknown character. It's the safest option.
    Why?! Why?!!!

Blew 90K shards for nothing. He's in LGN-1 too, not a noob. And bought 6 crystals at a time.

At least he got a hypo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYJqByPwLzc
  • Apocalypse189Apocalypse189 Posts: 1,128 ★★★
    Not every new champ will be OP, remember that. It's only because of MODOK that the hype was notched up a bit
  • Nexus_UY_ScutiNexus_UY_Scuti Posts: 480 ★★
    edited January 2018
    Agree. Apparently in MCOC the players are the beta testers. Not sure why Kabam have this system in place but it is how it is.

Same goes for event quests. The top of the sticky thread has an admission of bug from kabam on (surprise surprise) the new event quest.

Luckily for us the youtubers with huge ego are already doing videos on uncollected clears, so in this case they are the beta testers.

Best to just not do anything event related or new champ related for the first week.
    I remember last year, people complained about Hyperion. "Superman Knock-Off".

I remember that, but I don't remember people saying he sucked. Many hated his power gain and didn't know how to deal with it.

They complained about Gwenpool.

What was the general consensus then?

They complained about Blade, even.

People made fun of his overly exaggerated movements, but I don't remember any negative stuff about his abilities.

Some champs go unnoticed too. They released AA around 12.0, and many didn't figure out how great he was until much later.
  • BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    But if nobody goes for the character than they won’t get the character and if nobody gets the character than we won’t know it’s good
    Bahamut wrote: »
    But if nobody goes for the character than they won’t get the character and if nobody gets the character than we won’t know it’s good

Plenty of times for content developers and grinders to test him out and he will still be in the feature crystal.

There's no rush to get these champs. Buying them blindly is the biggest mistake in this game. Shards take a while to accumulate.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    ArmandStar wrote: »
    "any champion is good in the hands of a good player"

Just because someone can clear LoL with Spidergwen doesn't make her good.

Just because they're not all Blade doesn't mean they automatically suck.
    ArmandStar wrote: »
    "any champion is good in the hands of a good player"

Just because someone can clear LoL with Spidergwen doesn't make her good.

Just because they're not all Blade doesn't mean they automatically suck.

No, but they automatically suck if they're designed to suck :D
    Haha. A vacuum is designed to suck, but it still has a purpose. XD
  • CuteshelfCuteshelf Posts: 747 ★★★
    I honestly don’t understand how champs are being released so under par.

What happened to the beta testing program that was supposed be introduced?
  • SteelCurtainMUTSteelCurtainMUT Posts: 432 ★★
    edited January 2018
    Why?! Why?!!!

Blew 90K shards for nothing. He's in LGN-1 too, not a noob. And bought 6 crystals at a time.

At least he got a hypo.

What are you talking about?
    Edit: didn’t realize that was a video post. I’m in LGN-1 and didn’t know what you where talking about now I understand lol
  • Mmx1991 wrote: »
    Why?! Why?!!!

At least he got a hypo.

I like him, for me he is the most OP champ, paired with one of the highest prestige of the game
    Thanks so much
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    Cuteshelf wrote: »

They’re gun-shy of releasing another champ that’s too good on attack. They’d rather err on the side of caution and make him bad with good prestige.
    gi8epfa6hfm2.jpeg

I wasn't implying anything inappropriate, but I love that scene. Hilarious.

They’re gun-shy of releasing another champ that’s too good on attack. They’d rather err on the side of caution and make him bad with good prestige.

I wouldn't say they're gun-shy. Just that not every Champ will be that way.
  • NinjAlanNinjAlan Posts: 358 ★★★
    I just think there is too much criticism in general, especially with any Champ that isn't overly-OP straight out the gate. The Champ gets released, people jump into a Fight or two, then come back and say they suck. There isn't ample time to get to know them put behind these critiques. I also think that the game has some Champs that are brute force, and others that have complex and buildable strengths. Some will end a Fight quickly, and others are more useful for longer Fights. I think the climate is colder because it was a while since we had a Science Champ before M.O.D.O.K., so Players are looking for "The One".

It's quite apparent that sentry sucks, he may be even worse than kamala kahn, at least she's poison immune