Options

Arenas

I think it's time to remove the arenas in the game, and I believe there's nothing but wasting time. Why should I waste my time playing a game loop where I don't enjoy myself for 24 hours just to earn credits? This illogical situation needs to end immediately, and earning credits should be made easier with additional adventures or new crystals.

Comments

• Options
    CrimsonWebCrimsonWeb Posts: 7
    edited May 6
    Odachi said:

I don't enjoy onions, but you don't see me trying to get them wiped of the face of the earth.

I think there are plenty of people who don't share your opinion, myself included, arenas are one of my favourite game modes. It sounds like you only want to play the game if there is a reward, if playing the game is what you don't like then is it the game itself and not areans?

There is no specific feature that sets arenas apart from other adventures in the game, so I find it illogical fo you to say that I love arenas. What I actually mean is that credits are one of the most important resources in the game, and it's unreasonable to spend hours trying to earn them, which affects my enjoyment of the game. So, does this mean I have to pay money into my account to have credits?
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,890 ★★★★★
    Maybe a good idea to remove that game mode from OP’s account.
  • Options
    Rudolph_RaindeerRudolph_Raindeer Posts: 275 ★★★
    edited May 6
    Hmmm I spend like 70 pct of my MCOC time in arena. Play while I ride the train, power walk on the treadmill in the gym etc. And it makes it possible for me to get the upcoming Omega Day unit deals as well as the July 4th unit deals.

And arena is set apart from much of the current content. Eg you can die all that you want (in opposite to AW), you can play when and how much as you want (compred to eg AQ and AW). And is it far less stressful (compared to eg battlegrounds)
  • Options
    MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 4,236 ★★★★★
    Let’s remove every game mode certain people don’t like. You’ll have no game.
  • Options

Hmmm I spend like 70 pct of my MCOC time in arena. Play while I ride the train, power walk on the treadmill in the gym etc. And it makes it possible for me to get the upcoming Omega Day unit deals as well as the July 4th unit deals.

And arena is set apart from much of the current content. Eg you can die all that you want (in opposite to AW), you can play when and how much as you want (compred to eg AQ and AW). And is it far less stressful (compared to eg battlegrounds)

Yes, from this perspective, I can agree with you. However, I do not want a resource like credits to be earned most in arenas. As players, we always need credits, and we cannot always have free time for what you mentioned. Therefore, I think that credits should be obtained through more difficult battles but in less time compared to arenas. In summary, if arenas are to continue their existence in the game, the rewards they provide should change, and a core resource like credits should be obtainable by everyone with less time spent.
  • Options
    BembotBembot Posts: 1
    What would I play when I have no energy then? Why don't you like arena? You modding or something? Dumboldore if you don't like arena don't play it no one is forcing you.
  • Options
    Bembot said:

What would I play when I have no energy then? Why don't you like arena? You modding or something? Dumboldore if you don't like arena don't play it no one is forcing you.

Stay calm, Harry, just because I wanted it that way doesn't mean the arenas will be removed from the game. We're trying to reach a conclusion that everyone wants by discussing it. And yes I don't play arenas because I don't have enough time to it.
  • Options
    Wong_99Wong_99 Posts: 480 ★★★
    I barely play arena, because I don’t enjoy it very much, like you. I still have plenty of units, as f2p. I do my eq every month, I jump on opportunities to get the free extra units Kabam sometimes gives us, and I’m doing just fine. If you do the unit paths in act seven and eight, that’s probably about 2500 units right there, then there’s monthly ways to get almost 500 units(eq), there’s early acts, back issues(and some of these things are one time only). If you don’t do arena, the units are there, you just can’t afford to spend them on every other offer like arena grinders can, and I think that’s a fair trade off for not selling you soul
  • Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,097 ★★★★★

I think it's time to remove the arenas in the game, and I believe there's nothing but wasting time. Why should I waste my time playing a game loop where I don't enjoy myself for 24 hours just to earn credits? This illogical situation needs to end immediately, and earning credits should be made easier with additional adventures or new crystals.

YOU don't like arenas.

I hate Incursions and Battlegrounds.

Half my team hate doing side quests and the other half hate doing story mode and others in the forums hate alliance events...

By your argument about removing arenas, if we all removed the content we hate, there'd be nothing but a screen that says we automatically win just by showing up.

I'd rather that arenas get the update they deserved a long time ago.

And even though it's been said time and time again, it bears repeating: You DON'T have to do content that doesn't interest you.
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 2,949 ★★★★★

Bembot said:

Stay calm, Harry, just because I wanted it that way doesn't mean the arenas will be removed from the game. We're trying to reach a conclusion that everyone wants by discussing it. And yes I don't play arenas because I don't have enough time to it.
    So the conclusion is you want more free units for less work, you should have said that in the first place.
    Why remove something you don't have the time for.
  • Options
    xLunatiXxxLunatiXx Posts: 1,241 ★★★★★

Bembot said:

So you want more units (spread into different game modes) for the same little amount of time you play ?
    Got it
    It's called entitlement.
  • Options

YOU don't like arenas.

I hate Incursions and Battlegrounds.

Half my team hate doing side quests and the other half hate doing story mode and others in the forums hate alliance events...

By your argument about removing arenas, if we all removed the content we hate, there'd be nothing but a screen that says we automatically win just by showing up.

I'd rather that arenas get the update they deserved a long time ago.

And even though it's been said time and time again, it bears repeating: You DON'T have to do content that doesn't interest you.
    I may admit that wanting arenas to be removed from the game was excessive, but I still don't think arenas are flawless. For example, in Arenas, modes like incursions should reward you after dedicating a certain amount of time, but currently, to obtain all the rewards in arenas you need to dedicate days, which I find illogical and exhausting.
  • Options
    xLunatiXx said:

Bembot said:

So you want more units (spread into different game modes) for the same little amount of time you play ?
    Got it
    It's called entitlement.
    As a player, I don't think it would harm you for me to want this. The arena system I desire is for every player to be able to earn a sufficient amount of one of the most important resources in the game within a reasonable amount of time. If you want to spend more time and earn more rewards, I also want that to be possible. However, under the current arena system, neither you nor I can obtain these rewards within reasonable time frames, and instead, we need to dedicate ourselves more.

• Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,097 ★★★★★

xLunatiXx said:

Bembot said:

Got it
    It's called entitlement.
    As a player, I don't think it would harm you for me to want this. The arena system I desire is for every player to be able to earn a sufficient amount of one of the most important resources in the game within a reasonable amount of time. If you want to spend more time and earn more rewards, I also want that to be possible. However, under the current arena system, neither you nor I can obtain these rewards within reasonable time frames, and instead, we need to dedicate ourselves more.

But they've already explained in depth on the live streams that if they were to do it that way where Arenas or incursions or Battlegrounds or any other specific piece of content was the official One-Stop shop for everything you needed, there'd be no reason for anyone to play any of the other content and that's not really good for the long-term health of the game and so they have to spread it around and do it in all these different ways in order at least try and keep things interesting.
  • Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 2,326 ★★★★
    Arenas mean a lot because they are one of the only places to get a champ I really want or extra gold, units, and ISO.
  • Options
    Ayden_noah1Ayden_noah1 Posts: 1,273 ★★★★
    Not sure how big your roster is @CrimsonWeb but I run arena on the regular and it doesn't take days. I can clear the feature and basic arena's pretty fast with my roster. I don't do much for the 4 star and under arena since the other two arena's give me enough units for the month. I agree it's not really a fun game mode but it's a very stress free mode so I enjoy doing it since there's no strategy involved. Just mash buttons and win. Arena is not for everyone but this game has so many other modes to play that you can chose what you want to play and want to skip.
  • Options
    Rob0001Rob0001 Posts: 16
    Got plenty of time to ***** and whine though