Options

This month's incursions...

XmannyXmanny Posts: 9
edited May 10 in General Discussion
Without Herc/Heimdall does this x-magica incursions seem a little... Unforgiving?  

With nodes such as aspect of nightmares where you simply lose 50% of your health, you have to keep relatively high health throughout your run. It's easy to take a little chip damage here and there, so just in this one node example, you have to heal up with lots of units for relatively small health pots.

This could easily be countered if there were actually hacks where you receive small health back for completing ingame task e.g. alternating specials. So rewarding gameplay. Opposed to what we have now, where you can cater your run with a bunch of hacks around buffs or debuffs to then be rendered useless with a node like fisticuffs.

Doing these themed incursions is fine, but when the pool of champs is limited there could be more consideration given to what nodes can actually be countered through gameplay and not powering though with units (if that's viable at all). When kabam does these kind of events to promote incursions it always does the opposite, and reminds me why I don't play the mode normally due to all these unfun interactions and node combos. I want to like incursions but I simply can't enjoy them because of a few nodes that either roadblock or severely hamper gameplay to an unfair level.

Comments

• Options
    Asher1_1Asher1_1 Posts: 103
    I entered twice got biohazard boss + power from afar node boss at Zone 7 stopped my progress
  • Options
    Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 2,179 ★★★★★
    Bosley said:

It feels like KABAM very much does cut and paste jobs with content, defenders and nodes. They don't seem to take the time to look at all the interactions.

It's not just incursions, but any content that relies on multiple nodes and specific defenders.....

Other than incursions I can’t think of a single recent piece of content that had nodes that were unfairly paired together
  • Options
    Emilia90 said:

Other than incursions I can’t think of a single recent piece of content that had nodes that were unfairly paired together

I don't want to come across as overly critical of kabam here because I think they get things right for the most part.

But they most definitely have made unfair node and champion pairings recently. Wow abs man robot objective and some fights in the current war tactic upon release had virtually no counters

• Options
    Chuck_FinleyChuck_Finley Posts: 874 ★★★★★
    edited May 11
    Xmanny said:

This is what I'm talking about, happened in my 5th run trying to go itemless. 75% gone at the beginning of the fight. No skill, you just have to use items to be above the threshold

I can’t think of any item or champion you could reward me with that would make me go through this type of nonsense just on principle.
  • Options
    Tempest_024Tempest_024 Posts: 76
    PT_99 said:

Xmanny said:

This is what I'm talking about, happened in my 5th run trying to go itemless. 75% gone at the beginning of the fight. No skill, you just have to use items to be above the threshold

That's disgusting, it's literally p2w here.
    Use units to heal or die.
    Not at all. Bwcv, thing, iceman, colossus, deathless king Groot, cosmic ghost rider all bleed immune for this.
  • Options
    TheTrueBeast10TheTrueBeast10 Posts: 124 ★★★

PT_99 said:

Xmanny said:

Not at all. Bwcv, thing, iceman, colossus, deathless king Groot, cosmic ghost rider all bleed immune for this.
    Did you miss the 75% health drain part? That's the BS part, not biohazard
  • Options
    The_beast123The_beast123 Posts: 2,071 ★★★★
    Xmanny said:

Dude what kind of node combination is that.
  • Options
    Tempest_024Tempest_024 Posts: 76

PT_99 said:

Xmanny said:

Pretty sure the 25% and 50% would drain at the same time, so it would only be 50% drain.
  • Options
    Rugbyman371Rugbyman371 Posts: 55

PT_99 said:

Xmanny said:

Did you miss the instantly regen the health back part? You don’t have to go in and instantly drop the defender. Also looks like they didn’t read the nodes before they moved. Go to the champ swap and grab a biohazard counter and swap out someone with high health.
  • Options
    AecynAecyn Posts: 80

This plus caltrops was my last sector 6 run with Aegon... Instant death as soon as he used a special attack. No stun lock possible either...
  • Options

PT_99 said:

Xmanny said:

Pretty sure the 25% and 50% would drain at the same time, so it would only be 50% drain.
    That would be nice, but sadly, is not the case.
  • Options
    TheTrueBeast10TheTrueBeast10 Posts: 124 ★★★

PT_99 said:

Xmanny said:

Did you miss the instantly regen the health back part? You don’t have to go in and instantly drop the defender. Also looks like they didn’t read the nodes before they moved. Go to the champ swap and grab a biohazard counter and swap out someone with high health.
    So you're good with having to use units to buy potions just to satisfy a terrible RnG node combination? You're either rich or a Kabam bootlicker if so
  • Options
    AtzeKrankAtzeKrank Posts: 118
    Got this at Room 11 and couldnt make it.

• Options
    mbracembrace Posts: 841 ★★★
    I ran Serpent, Odin, and Kushala. I picked up Buff Cornucipia, Tide of Combat, Strategic Movement, and Keep it Going (which together result in ridiculous damage). It still cost me between 3000-4000 units due to some trouble nodes.
  • Options
    KuhlakundeKuhlakunde Posts: 7
    edited May 12
    I gave up on this **** event. The time or units I would have to invest is just stupid. I got stuck several times now in a room 10+ and had to start all over again because of either bs nodes or champs on top of missing parries and blocks that basically kill you instantly. It's just frustrating.
  • Options
    Rugbyman371Rugbyman371 Posts: 55

PT_99 said:

Xmanny said:

So you're good with having to use units to buy potions just to satisfy a terrible RnG node combination? You're either rich or a Kabam bootlicker if so
    No I’m good at reading and working around nodes. Same thing you have to do in every other area of the game. It’s incursions you shouldn’t be dropping units with virtually unlimited resets. If you get a bad run just back out. You’re not locked out of the mode for 30 days and I don’t remember kabam giving a small number of entry keys for the event.
  • Options
    AtzeKrankAtzeKrank Posts: 118
    mbrace said:

I ran Serpent, Odin, and Kushala. I picked up Buff Cornucipia, Tide of Combat, Strategic Movement, and Keep it Going (which together result in ridiculous damage). It still cost me between 3000-4000 units due to some trouble nodes.

So, you're saying that you used Unitman instead of your actual Champs?
  • Options
    WOLF_LINKWOLF_LINK Posts: 1,356 ★★★★
    Xmanny said:

Corvus says THX for the free healing back to 100%
  • Options

PT_99 said:

Xmanny said:

No I’m good at reading and working around nodes. Same thing you have to do in every other area of the game. It’s incursions you shouldn’t be dropping units with virtually unlimited resets. If you get a bad run just back out. You’re not locked out of the mode for 30 days and I don’t remember kabam giving a small number of entry keys for the event.
    This is such an odd sentiment. "You have unlimited attempts to bang your head against the wall, you'd be stupid not to." I've had 5 runs now where I come up against roadblock node combos in room 10+, the amount of time invested so far exceeds other events.

I wouldn't be so opposed to using a small amount of items if the potions were reasonably priced or gave a decent amount of health back. They do neither, so I refuse on principle. Again, there is a lack of foresight for the players when promoting a game mode without having updated the healing items since it's release. 
  • Options
    PriyabrataPriyabrata Posts: 977 ★★★★
    Reached zone 20 unfortunately I faced a tough Kraven boss on zone 19 ( aegis intercept+ prove yourself+ healthy disposition), the zone 20 had Kraven too( Biohazard+ healthy disposition) by then cgr was already on his last legs and busseyw can't take that so unfortunately had to quit