**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

if you play competitively, how easy is it to find good replacements?

startropicsstartropics Posts: 675 ★★★★
i've heard it's more difficult than ever. too much demand, so many teams, and not enough players. what's recruitment like for you?

Comments

• Options
    KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,427 ★★★★★
    Terrible. I've been an officer for years and the worst part is recruiting, especially lately.
    Too many alliances looking for players, not enough players looking for the same type of alliances.
    Upon that, you have to somehow figure out if recruits are clean so that your ally doesn't get docked.
    Then you need to hope that everything goes as well when they actually join.
    Luckily haven't had any issues with recruits other than a couple here and there and we've gelled well, but it's a very rough process.
  • Options
    obsidimanobsidiman Posts: 838 ★★★
    It's a nightmare because it goes in waves. When the alliance is at a full 30, there are tons of people looking on all the various platforms. When you need to replace a person or two, there is seemingly no one looking. Then you have to wade through the folks who have a 200k account but want a master alliance or the folks who refuse to use any external communication app or the folks who want only AW and nothing more or the folks who expect 1 million points in BGs from every member.
  • Options
    IlociaM97IlociaM97 Posts: 163
    Even for a gold rank ally it's super hard to find players that compromise whit the game
  • Options
    what's causing this? poor state of alliance wars? retiring players? shrinking end game?

can anything fix this?
  • Options
    MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 4,504 ★★★★★

what's causing this? poor state of alliance wars? retiring players? shrinking end game?

can anything fix this?

Probably a combination. When I’ve recruited it’s been tough due to players not wanting AW and moving to alliances that focus on BG. Now Raids adds another dimension. Need to find the right people and their preference for all of the nodes needs to line up.
  • Options
    obsidimanobsidiman Posts: 838 ★★★

can anything fix this?

I'd agree it's a combination. With so much different content, potential members can basically pick and choose where they want to join based on if the alliance's team content matches with their own. Recruiting and finding new members is tantamount to searching for unicorns. You have to hope that the person you talk to talks back to you and is willing to get on board with what your alliance does. And you have to hope your pitch man and salesman skills are up to snuff.
  • Options
    bump
  • Options
    JT_SupremeJT_Supreme Posts: 1,021 ★★★★
    It’s even hard for my alliance to find good players and we’re gold aw lol
  • Options
    KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,427 ★★★★★

can anything fix this?

Too many things.
    1) Too much content to do, taking up a ton of time. And good resources are locked behind super time consuming content like BG.
    2) Not being able to keep up if you can't do all the content
    3) War difficulty increasing a ton, with returns not being worth it.
    4) Folks just getting tired and needing to focus on RL.
  • Options
    Joker1976Joker1976 Posts: 544 ★★★
    I’m in a retired alliance now, no longer do AW or AQ. I usually do Bg’s as far as GC, and sometimes not if i’m not bothered.
    The game modes are a big time investment as well as AW taking a great deal of communication and organization.
    This, ..as well as AW being very serious with often strict demands makes it not much fun imo.
    As for AQ well,… we all know it’s a bit mundane.
    I very much enjoy being in a true retired alliance where all game modes are optional and not going MIA is the only requirement.
    Still get a lot of good loot from other alliance events , so still worth it to be in one.