Thaughts on Northstar after deep dive

Wolf911Wolf911 Member Posts: 404 ★★★
here's the link

https://youtu.be/glFUy_atsYY?feature=shared

mutant QS but we have to see how his combos are

Comments

• captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,896 ★★★★★
    A poorly designed bullseye counter. And with clumsy combos. Looks like they didn't learn from quicksilver and Dani.

Well atleast, Now someone could actually benefit from gambit relic.
  • Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Member Posts: 2,084 ★★★★★
    A Mutant Quicksilver 2. when I remember correctly, people found it very clunky to play him. Will be the same with northstar. Not looking forward to that champ unfortunately
  • Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,341 ★★★★★
    He looks interesting. I’ll hold off on any harsh judgements until I actually get my hands on him because this community will jump on everything before they’ve even used the champ lol
  • NightheartNightheart Member Posts: 2,043 ★★★★
    I will wait for now until he is released in the game and videos come out
  • BeastDadBeastDad Member Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    Worse version of QS.
  • SecondSkrillerSecondSkriller Member Posts: 1,314 ★★★★★

A Mutant Quicksilver 2. when I remember correctly, people found it very clunky to play him. Will be the same with northstar. Not looking forward to that champ unfortunately

If you find QS clunky to play it’s on you

As I'm one of the few who enjoys QS's multihit combos, I'm fine with Northstar being similar. But I reserve judgement on the rest of his kit until I get my hands on him.
    QS has more utility and plenty of damage, so I need to see the reasons I would reach for Northstar instead of my boi Quicksilver.

The skill class should be your reason
    altavista said:

Not sure why Quicksilver is getting so many drive-bys. Even if his playstyle is not for you, he is still a fantastic champion. People don’t insult Ghost if they don’t like her playstyle; they still recognize how great she is.

That aside: I hate how Mutants design keeps falling into the ‘Counter Skill Menace’ type design. It kind of uses up all the bandwidth for creating a more interesting Mutant character. And a year from now, these Mutant champions will become useless since their design is niche.

For example, Nick Fury can already be handled by so many other champions that Dani’s use there is not as essential. And all the other mutants, new and old, are continuing to make her less relevant.

Yeah but Dani still handles him the best. It’s a 35 second fight always
  • BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Member Posts: 2,295 ★★★★★
    I will reserve my judgement untill I get my hands on him
  • Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Member Posts: 2,084 ★★★★★

If you find QS clunky to play it’s on you
    Yes it is, thanks
  • GrO_ot78GrO_ot78 Member Posts: 688 ★★★
    Looks cool, but similar to QS in playstyle, a champ I don't like to play even though he is good. I lose control with the double hits etc…same with WWBN.
  • KDoggg2017KDoggg2017 Member Posts: 1,228 ★★★★

As I'm one of the few who enjoys QS's multihit combos, I'm fine with Northstar being similar. But I reserve judgement on the rest of his kit until I get my hands on him.
    QS has more utility and plenty of damage, so I need to see the reasons I would reach for Northstar instead of my boi Quicksilver.

The skill class should be your reason
    Maybe. Except I've been fighting the skill class for 8 years without Northstar. Lol.
  • WednesdayLengthWednesdayLength Member Posts: 1,042 ★★★
    I think he looks pretty solid honestly. Seems like there'll be somewhat of a skill cap but his damage seems absolutely bonkers once it's ramped and seems pretty easy to retain. He's not gonna be a full bullseye counter but at high sig he is definitely another option if not ideal, and I imagine he'll be pretty Filthy in incursions with all of his prowess buffs. I wish this playerbase would come up with better criticisms than "worse quicksilver" or "dust is what sandman should have been", northstar is very clearly just trying to be northstar. He's definitely on the low utility side but dll said he got 3 necro solos with him which can't be ignored
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,091 ★★★★★
    Quicksilver 2.0