**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Just make strikers unblockable for now…

Chuck_FinleyChuck_Finley Posts: 947 ★★★★★
Time for some disagree farming…

The striker issues have been going on for months. There is no rhyme or reason as to when the defender will block them. 1 hit, 2 hit, 3 hit, 4 hit, and the extremely risky 5 hit combo before launching the striker all can result in the defender summoning an invisible ability to block all striker attacks. The only safe way to use your striker is immediately after a parry/stun. That never was intended since deep dives from the CCP always include strikers extending and aiding combos.

So until it’s fixed, make all striker attacks unblockable. For all content, the AI continues to be an absurd annoyance with inexplicable recovery times and passivity. It certainly wouldn’t be game breaking to give the attacker an option to have an unblockable opening when the spirit gauge is full with all the other frustrations we are dealing with.

And in battlegrounds - both summoners will have this ability so it doesn’t upset the competitive balance.

And maybe… there just might come with this concession a new affinity for strikers. But for now, they have been made almost a mandatory part of the game … and they don’t work consistently enough for them to have the prominence. It takes work, time and planning to time up the striker with the right combo before a special. To then have the striker get essentially autoblocked with 500% ability accuracy is infuriating. So make them unblockable until the whiff/insta block issue is resolved. That way we aren’t getting punched in the face for a mechanic that randomly fails at the most crucial moments.

Comments

• Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 5,556 ★★★★★
    And how do you think they can handle the effects that counter unblockable, including steadfast, fear debuff, red guardian, infamous ironman, nova, spot and other champs/abilities?
  • Options
    World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,632 ★★★★★
    … so Arcade can auto block them ?
  • Options
    Chuck_FinleyChuck_Finley Posts: 947 ★★★★★

… so Arcade can auto block them ?

Again - in the world of temporary fixes - I would rather have a handful of opponents I know I can’t use a striker on than feel like I am potentially throwing the fight away when I activate a striker against every defender.
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 3,480 ★★★★★
    As much as it would be nice, it would break certain aspects of the game, breaking block with a striker.
    MCoC is a reaction game, meaning you counter what the AI does, breaking block with a striker would change the design of many fights out there.
  • Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 2,890 ★★★★
    edited June 6
    It’s probably a bug. But it would be helpful
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,739 ★★★★★
    Normally I’d pile on with a comment about how there still won’t be any comment or apology or relief package before the team claims the problem is solved, but after seeing bits of the live stream yesterday, I’m a little bummed for the team.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    ChiefGoatChiefGoat Posts: 125
    Skill issue
  • Options
    Greed_ExodusGreed_Exodus Posts: 261 ★★★

And how do you think they can handle the effects that counter unblockable, including steadfast, fear debuff, red guardian, infamous ironman, nova, spot and other champs/abilities?

Same way the strikers still passively stun on stun immune nodes, make the description classified differently than a standard “unblockable”
  • Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 2,890 ★★★★
    ChiefGoat said:

Skill issue

Striking issue
  • Options
    Toproller89Toproller89 Posts: 631 ★★★
    Make strikers undexable and unblockable, make them appear right in front of enemy wherever they are.