**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Chat censorship

This really needs fixing. We can turn the air blue with bad language yet words such as but, him, and even realm get censored. Not the biggest issue in the game but it's frustrating trying to put simple messages up only for random words to be blocked out

Comments

• Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    They know about it and admitted there was a problem months ago but like lots of other things they still haven't fixed or addressed it since.

It's still filtering stuff that isn't a bad word, curse, word , spam etc it could be something like hey knock it off--- take your own path and stop following people and get turned into ******** or yes you can change your password to your account.

These things shouldn't trip it but they do theres lots of other ones to
  • science22science22 Posts: 125
    I once typed 'Sydney' and it became censored
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    edited January 2018
    http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/26765#Comment_26765
    Ad0ra
    June 2017
    Hey folks - our chat filters were changed recently to quell a number of concerning and problematic conversations that were happening in private and alliance chat conversations. If you're seeing situations where something was being flagged and you feel it shouldn't have been, please let us know.

But, uh, as for incest - MCOC isn't the place to discuss that at all so that's not a mis-flagged term.

Our filters function differently depending on your chat history, as well.

Some of what is being described here is not normal behaviour, but we can use this information to improve the technology. Ultimately, our aim is to ensure that chat is a clean place that allows a focus on in-game conversation related to MCOC, but sometimes keyword flagging needs to be 'trained'.

This was way back in June so they still haven't corrected the issue hoping to sweep it away.

There's been numerous threads since then about this, and it's a bit irritating to have to try and figure just what normal word tripped the filter since it could be almost anything really like password or spidy, or Sydney, or just telling someone what to do or not to do.

It's been busted for a long time so just adjust it again, it isn't going to go away since there's still logs and reports of it and people still talk about so just fix it already
  • GioginosGioginos Posts: 39
    I used the word "try" and it got censored it also seems like mine is more censored than some of my alliance members
  • Kabam please it is really annoying. We have Czech alliance and communicate in czech language and some perfectly normal words in czech gets filtered all the time. I understand the filter is needed, but could you PLEASE at least not filter the whole sentence? Is it that much trouble to filter just the wrong word. At least we will be able to recognize which word from the sentence is that.
  • MylothMyloth Posts: 11
    JK_Stinger wrote: »
    Kabam please it is really annoying. We have Czech alliance and communicate in czech language and some perfectly normal words in czech gets filtered all the time. I understand the filter is needed, but could you PLEASE at least not filter the whole sentence? Is it that much trouble to filter just the wrong word. At least we will be able to recognize which word from the sentence is that.

Exactly. I remember a whole sentence being censored for saying "****", wich in french means "being late"
  • WeaponXWeaponX Posts: 135
    Is Kabam still looking into this?! It is extremely frustrating that the chat censors random words and we have to play "whack-a-mole" to figure out why our posts are censored by replacing individual words. It's really ridiculous...
This discussion has been closed.