**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

The destroyer needs a buff, offensively speaking.

I have the destroyer as a 7* and I think it has great potential, but I don't have enough reasons to use it. The destroyer doesn't "destroy" enough for me to consider picking it over any other mystic champion. I wish the destroyer could turn more buffs into rubble, and I also wish the SP2 had some form of power control. These changes would make the champion way more of a "destroyer" than what it currently is and would make it wayyy more enjoyable. There aren't enough champions or even fights within the game for you to utilize what the destroyer was actually made to do, there aren't many champions in the game that gain buffs every single time you hit them or when they hit you, and there aren't a lot of champions with indestructable or immortality in the game either. One thing that sucks about the destroyer is that you can't even tell if its made for longer fights or shorter fights. If you do the "longer fight" rotation, it takes forever to ramp it up, and once you've ramped up the destroyer and completed its rotation, you have to go through that long ramp up process again, and all you do is around 200-300k damge during that entire proccess (making the destroyer not good for long form content). Also, if you use the "shorter fight" rotation, which is also a long ramp up, the damage is extremely weak (making the destroyer not good for shorter fights). With the current state of AI too, it's pretty annoying when u keep trying to intercept and the defender keeps blocking or dashing backwards. The destroyer needs quality of life changes to make it an actual considerable pick. Imo, the destroyer is not really a "destroyer" right now, its just a mid burst champion.

Heres how I think kabam can make quality of life changes to it:
1. The destroyer can power burn the defender after using the SP2. This will make the "shorter fight" rotation more valuable since you then wouldn't have to worry about the defender getting to an SP3 just for playing the champion the way its supposed to be played. The power burn damage scales based off of what rotation you use. If you don't have a degen on the defender, the power burn damage should scale to either 1/2 or 3/5 of your burst damage (since the damage is weak without degen), but if the defender has a degen on them, the power burn damage should scale to either 3/5 or 2/3 of your burst damage (since the damage is already really strong with the degen). Also, the amount of power burned should be based off what rotation you used. If you don't have a degen on the defender, the power burn should be 1 bar of power (with the shorter fight rotation that allows you to drain up to 3 full bars of power), but if you do have the degen up, the power burn should be 1 and a half bars of power (since you'll usually be able to pop off only 1 SP2). You essentially pick your poison on how you want to manipulate the defender's power and this adds new value to both rotations that essentially makes 1 morso about power control and the other more about damage. With the current design of the destroyer, its built for neither longer nor shorter fights, so both rotations are really wonky, but if kabam makes the rotations have clear purposes, the long fight or short fight rotation concept won't matter anymore because it'll be so clear what each rotation does.
2. Make the destroyer turn all forms of armor up buffs, energy resistance buffs, physical resistance buffs, and bullwark buffs into rubble. This will make the destroyer...ya know...actually destroy something...but in all seriousness, this gives it more utilization of the rubble effect and makes it actually have more ideal match ups than just herc, hulkling, gorr, aegon, and terrax.
3. Make the destroyer to gain destruction charges after doing 5 hit combos (only when it does not intercept) and make the destroyer gain an additional 3 destruction charges after intercepting and preforming a 3 hit combo. This not only allows the destroyer to be better offensively in battlegrounds, but this will make its ramp up much better in general.The destroyer's ramp up time is pretty long, and if the defender isn't cooperating with intercepts then it takes forever, but with it being able to gain destruction charges after 5 hit combos that will make things a whole lot better. Plus, with the ability to gain additional destruction charges after intercepting and preforming a 3 hit combo, this will make the SP3 rotation more ideal.

Another problem with the destroyer's 2 rotations is the damage scaling. If you do the SP3 rotation, it can be extreme overkill because you've already taken down so much of the defender's hp just from ramping up. If you do the SP2 spam rotation, it can be extreme underkill because the damage is extremely weak. If you speed up the destroyer's ramp proccess, you won't have as many fights where you just extremely overkill the defender with the SP3 rotation. Additionally, if you add a power burn effect to the destroyer's SP2, that would increase the damage the SP2 gives off so that reduces the chances of you constantly underkilling the defender, but also if you do underkill the defender, you're not immediately punished with an SP3 because of the power control.

I'd like to mention that none of these changes would make the destroyer harder of a defender than it already is. The power burn and the extra damage given from the power burn will not make the destroyer a harder defender than it already is because you already get nuked into nothing if you get hit by its SP2. The faster ramp up proccess would have no effect on how fast the destroyer actually ramps up on defense unless if you just keep taking 5 hit combos from it. Also, the destroyer being able to turn additional buffs into rubble would not have an effect on our counters for it because the best counters for the destroyer are mostly science champions. Science champions don't gain those types of buffs. Even if you used a champion that gains a lot of armor up buffs, the armor ups won't protect you from the destroyer's SP2, so armor ups are practically ineffective when you're fighting the destroyer already anyway.

Kabam, I genuinely like the destroyer as a character, but until you guys actually make the destroyer a destroyer, its staying at rank 1. The only thing the destroyer is even somewhat useful for currently is fighting against the 5 matchups its designed for (and theres better options for those fights), bgs defense, and the zero to hero node.

Comments

• Options
    StertslStertsl Posts: 99
    Not every champ has to be amazing in both offense and defense. Destroyer is a good defender and not a good attacker,and that's fine. If every champ was amazing in both everyone would be mad
  • Options
    jcphillips7jcphillips7 Posts: 1,175 ★★★★
    Emilia90 said:

Stertsl said:

Not every champ has to be amazing in both offense and defense. Destroyer is a good defender and not a good attacker,and that's fine. If every champ was amazing in both everyone would be mad

He broke down some improvements and I don’t think this would make him busted. Destroyer is a good attacker, he just takes way too long to get going. I think destroying more buffs and letting him ramp a bit faster would make people want to use him more
    Yea, allowing the destruction of a wider spectrum of buffs would be nice. His ideal match-up is Hulkling, and I can take Hulkling faster with Chavez or Kushala and not even need to destroy his buffs...just him simply having a ton gives me an increased kill-time over Destroyer.
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,921 ★★★★★
    Stertsl said:

Every new champ so far this year has mid damage, that's not okay lol.
  • Options
    Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 2,329 ★★★★★
    edited June 14

Stertsl said:

I’d disagree here because Prowler seems to be a beast on attack. Negasonic is also pretty good for shutting down the skill class even though her damage isn’t amazing. Other than that, I agree though. BRB better be amazing
  • Options
    Emilia90 said:

Stertsl said:

I’d disagree here because Prowler seems to be a beast on attack. Negasonic is also pretty good for shutting down the skill class even though her damage isn’t amazing. Other than that, I agree though. BRB better be amazing
    Yeah but his rotation is a very complicated one that requires perfect timing and for what? To counter Domino? I just don't see any value there personally.
    As for Negasonic, her damage starts after sp2 so it takes a while to get there, don't like her either.
    I don't plan on swapping out anyone in my deck for any of these, they're just not good or relevant enough for me.
  • Options
    Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 2,329 ★★★★★

Emilia90 said:

Stertsl said:

Yeah but his rotation is a very complicated one that requires perfect timing and for what? To counter Domino? I just don't see any value there personally.
    As for Negasonic, her damage starts after sp2 so it takes a while to get there, don't like her either.
    I don't plan on swapping out anyone in my deck for any of these, they're just not good or relevant enough for me.
    Fair enough. I think people will start to come around on Prowler though. I’ve seen some fantastic gameplay and it isn’t as hard to get his damage going as I thought
  • Options
    Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

Stertsl said:

Fair enough. I think people will start to come around on Prowler though. I’ve seen some fantastic gameplay and it isn’t as hard to get his damage going as I thought
    Yeah he's got good damage I just wish there was something that made him stand out. He's a great Domino counter of course and solid for Bullseye as well but I doubt he'll be a better option overall for BGs than Red Skull, Guardian, FAM, Shocker or 7* Shuri. He's good but I don't think he's at the same level as any of these, I hope I'm wrong but from what I've seen it's not that impressive.
    How good is he on defense? Is he a good time staller?
  • Options
    BeastDadBeastDad Posts: 1,547 ★★★★★
    Too long to ramp up, he's staying R1 until he gets re balanced.
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 5,395 ★★★★★
    We know who pulled destroyer from titan crystal.
  • Options
    VaniteliaVanitelia Posts: 367 ★★★
    I enjoy using Destroyer. If the champ doesn't have buffs, it does take time to ramp. He's more of a counter champ than a lane clearer which is okay. It also means people will defer to using other champs that can do more.

Always looked at him as an AW/BG type champ. Specific matchups and a a good defender in the right matchup. Have to be comfortable with intercepts, but also has a built in fail safe with the unstoppable on dashes.

For the Prowler haters out there, I don't know why. Super fun to play and has really great damage. Don't end your combos in a Medium until you have your SP2 ready. It applies the falter that boosts the damage. I find myself using Prowler a lot more recently.
  • Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 2,802 ★★★★
    Many cosmics are immune to power burn
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,533 ★★★★★

Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

Stertsl said:

Yeah he's got good damage I just wish there was something that made him stand out. He's a great Domino counter of course and solid for Bullseye as well but I doubt he'll be a better option overall for BGs than Red Skull, Guardian, FAM, Shocker or 7* Shuri. He's good but I don't think he's at the same level as any of these, I hope I'm wrong but from what I've seen it's not that impressive.
    Remembering him from EQ, he's not bad on defense - dual immunities, non-contact Mediums that make it hard to parry him, and you can't punish his Special Attacks unless you can counter Miss. Those abilities alone will buy him time as a defender.
  • Options
    ChikelChikel Posts: 2,062 ★★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

Many cosmics are immune to power burn

Yeah. A power steal would be better. Controls power and allows him to spam specials
  • Options
    ChikelChikel Posts: 2,062 ★★★★
    I have Destroyer as well. I love him, took him to R5 and Max sig and plan to ascend him mostly for defense.

I have used him everywhere and the Time To Kill is a big factor. By the time I'm ready to start dishing out major damage, they are halfway dead and one sp2 finishes them off. This makes the payoff anti-climatic.

I agree with most of what you said: Power control, a wider range of buffs to destroy and reduced ramp up time would make him perfect.
  • Options

Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

Stertsl said:

Remembering him from EQ, he's not bad on defense - dual immunities, non-contact Mediums that make it hard to parry him, and you can't punish his Special Attacks unless you can counter Miss. Those abilities alone will buy him time as a defender.
    He definitely looked like a decent time staller so that's why I was wondering. If he is a decent enough time staller I might pull the trigger on him but I'm not fully convinced yet.
  • Options
    altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,332 ★★★★

Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

Stertsl said:

Not every champion has to be BG relevant (even though Kabam does explicitly state BG in some champion's spotlight). For players who aren't competing at a high BG level, having more viable Tech options is the prevailing goal, not who to kick off your team. The number of players where min-max'ing your deck to maximize your match time is probably far lower than the players where they have more limited choices of 7-stars and highly ranked champions.

And for players focusing on non-BG content, his suite of abilities does make him stand out (For example, it is pretty baffling how rare anti-Evade is in the Tech class when Nightcrawler has existed thos whole time).
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,437 ★★★★★
    Midstroyer is not that underwhelming but he is 100% whelming on BG attack. Aka *mid* not bad, but Not something you want to go for.

He gets nuked in defense by most champs with no personal buffs. Most Science just straight up obliterates him. Same for common BG nukes.

MiDstroyer is made to counter hulking in content outside BGs and war.
    Hulking is actually a double threat in BGs, as people call it, but then again hulkling brings better results as a round winning attacker. It's rare to see hulking on defense.

I have a r2 duped midstroyer, rage cope rankup.
    It took him 50 seconds against a r3 sunspot on defence in this ultra nuky meta. The win came cuz of a throw round from the opponent so I used midstroyer because they had r3 titty in their draft.

He is the definition of mid.
    Decent enough to use for some fun buff heavy questing. But he has no place in BGs unless a meta helps him.
    VT meta he did fine (not great) but he did bring some wins.
    Can't fight serpent, rng vs maestro.
    Double Titan trash. Wouldnt have minded pulling him from basic crystals.
  • Options
    altavista said:

Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

Stertsl said:

Not every champion has to be BG relevant (even though Kabam does explicitly state BG in some champion's spotlight). For players who aren't competing at a high BG level, having more viable Tech options is the prevailing goal, not who to kick off your team. The number of players where min-max'ing your deck to maximize your match time is probably far lower than the players where they have more limited choices of 7-stars and highly ranked champions.

And for players focusing on non-BG content, his suite of abilities does make him stand out (For example, it is pretty baffling how rare anti-Evade is in the Tech class when Nightcrawler has existed thos whole time).
    Right but we haven't had a single strong BGs attacker the whole year, it's been six months.
  • Options
    WillyWWillyW Posts: 36
    Just gotta see if Kabam will buff him when he goes through the rebalance program
  • Options
    If someone's need a offensive buff, it's serpent. His damage is trash and he won't even stand among top 15 cosmics offensively tbh. I get he's a great defender but I would like to see a moderate damage buff or boost on him.
  • Options

If someone's need a offensive buff, it's serpent. His damage is trash and he won't even stand among top 15 cosmics offensively tbh. I get he's a great defender but I would like to see a moderate damage buff or boost on him.

Nah he’s very good against tech champs especially. Future Ant Man he also destroys
  • Options
    EdisonLaw said:

Nah he’s very good against tech champs especially. Future Ant Man he also destroys
    Yeah he can only defeat champs who have high armor rating, like redskull fam and guardian. He literally sucks against others. Too slow you have to spam multiple special attacks to get a kill.
  • Options
    edited June 14

EdisonLaw said:

Yeah he can only defeat champs who have high armor rating, like redskull fam and guardian. He literally sucks against others. Too slow you have to spam multiple special attacks to get a kill.
    True but he is a strong counter to them. However how would they increase his damage without making him even harder on defense?