Stoic charges

I think adding a stoic mechanic to champs would be cool, the way you gain stoic charges is by standing your ground as a defender is dying from DOT and possibly dashing at you. You must not dash back or block, to attain a full stoic charge you need to not flinch. Just stand there and enjoy your work, and hope that they melt away before they can land a hit.

Comments

• ThePowerCosmicThePowerCosmic Member Posts: 119
    Now how you would like to reward champs for stoic charges would be up to you, my suggestion, to start with +1 bar of power in addition to whatever power you had at the end if the match where u gained a stoic charge. Maxing out at no more than 2.5 bars of power, similarly to bishop but not exactly.
  • PriyabrataPriyabrata Member Posts: 1,237 ★★★★
    ...so is this a new champ mechanic you're suggesting ? (Like root), or a new mastery concept? Where is this coming from?
    edited June 23

...so is this a new champ mechanic you're suggesting ? (Like root), or a new mastery concept? Where is this coming from?

Yes exactly, I think it would be cool to get rewarded for staring down youre opponent while taking a chance of getting punched in the face lol, it's a gamble because if the defender doesn't die from DOT your champion will take damage, so it's a calculated risk if it's something you decide to go for. It's something I already do for fun so I thought it would be cool to get some combat bonus for it.
  • Java_JunkieJava_Junkie Member Posts: 419 ★★
    you never threw a special into their block just to let the DOT tick the last few percent?

but honestly, not a bad idea, and feels a little like Gladiator or Adam, the design space they've been giving to a few Cosmics. also OG Fist of the North Star; "You're already dead."

you never threw a special into their block just to let the DOT tick the last few percent?

but honestly, not a bad idea, and feels a little like Gladiator or Adam, the design space they've been giving to a few Cosmics. also OG Fist of the North Star; "You're already dead."

Yup! It's just a fun part of the game, playing chicken with a dying defender see who flinches 1st. I think a small combat reward would be cool, maybe like half a bar of power in that champions next fight or something.