**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Battlegrounds Matchmaking

Dear Kabam, I want to be as respectful as possible when I say this but please excuse my coarse language. The matchmaking is now going insane I am 1.5mil rating and I am getting matched against no less than 4mil. I have lost almost 25 times in my last 30 games. This is wasting my in game energy. This clearly states that you want 3mil plus rating players to go higher and not low level players. Please do something about it as quickly as possible. A huge emphasis on QUICKLY. Also please reply to this post with an answer to this question: Why are people matched against other players that are immensely overpowered. I am very dissatisfied and disappointed with the poor approach towards this enticing game mode. I personally love bgs but this clearly asks for a lot of improvement as soon as possible. Furthermore this is a case with hundreds of players and I am quite sure that there are enough players in each rating band that can be matched to each other. I do have some solutions so if you would want me to share them please reply. Thanks for reading this but it is clearly not done Kabam. Huge improvements and changes are being asked and I suppose you should adhere to them as it will keep a clean gaming environment. People rage so much due to this exact problem and you are the only ones that can stop it.

Warm regards,
Blaze Overlord (In game username)

Comments

• Options
    LordSmasherLordSmasher Posts: 1,451 ★★★★★
    What tier you in? Bronze? Platinum?
  • Options
    OverloadedPancakeOverloadedPancake Posts: 6
    I am in gold 4
  • Options
    LordSmasherLordSmasher Posts: 1,451 ★★★★★

I am in gold 4

Yeh the Free For All match making used to appear in Plat 2, but its started in Bronze 5 this time. I'm seen Kabam acknowledge the seeding issue but not the match maker issue.
  • Options
    edited June 23
    Thanks for this wonderful insights and I will hope that the team at least create rating bands to restrict people from 1mil to battle 300k or 3mil both ways is unfair.
  • Options
    The reply I mentioned was to both of the comments above mine
  • Options
    edited June 23
    Fair enough
    I will keep this in mind and make sure that my luck in the future is better towards matchmaking.
  • Options
    Giantwalrus56Giantwalrus56 Posts: 772 ★★★

This particular Battlegrounds is much worse for matchmaking because of 2 key issues:
    1) the error with the tier placements from last season meant a much greater number of players started in the low tiers rather than up in Diamond/Platinum where they should've been. While a lot of those accounts have already rushed ahead to the higher tiers, plenty of them are going at it more slowly and so are still down in Gold's vicinity.
    2) Deathless Vision piece for Vibranium I, Megatron crystals in bi-daily objectives, and the Crystal Shards offered for compensation of the bug causing the above issue have all combined to make Battlegrounds significantly more attractive to a wider range of players. With many more players in the game mode, it means more people for smaller accounts to be matched up with and be outmatched.

As the season goes on, the lower tiers will get easier as larger accounts progress above them, but that is no doubt scant support for accounts like yours who are struggling.

That said - this is a competitive game mode where you are going up against other players in the same tiers - why should weaker accounts get a leg up by being matched up against similarly weaker accounts? Similarly, why should stronger accounts be artificially hindered by being matched up against other strong accounts?

Do you match up with the overall account ranking? There's a guy in my alliance who is over 1m rating higher than me, but his strongest champions are 6R4 while I have 6R5s and even the necessary 7R3 for Valiant.

Do you match up with the strength of your BG deck? Then we just get a repeat of the days where people sandbagged their decks with 1* champions to artificially lower their ratings to get an easier ride.

Matching up with players in your tier should be the fairest way, and it will be self-stabilising as time goes on, but I can understand the frustration at the moment.

In the meantime - use every match as an opportunity to try and get better, go for a better time, or better HP ratios with each fight, you can know you're going to lose against your opponent so aim to win against your previous self. Stronger players can mess up dramatically, they can place a really bad match-up, they can get awful luck in their drafts, they can get disconnected, they can be forced to forfeit or otherwise put the game down and lose the match - literally every one of those things has happened to me; I matched up with a Paragon account yesterday and thought I'd have a reasonably easy win, only to get a shocking run of drafts, not plan my picks well and failed to draft suitable counters, and frankly they were just better than me - I lost easily in 2 rounds.

Keep going, you'll get better, it will get better, and things will eventually go your way.

Despite this not exactly what you wanted to hear OP, there's a whole lot of truth in that. It's very well said. Just because you lose one thing, doesn't mean all is a loss
  • Options
    Giantwalrus56Giantwalrus56 Posts: 772 ★★★

Thanks for this wonderful insights and I will hope that the team at least create rating bands to restrict people from 1mil to battle 300k or 3mil both ways is unfair.

They won't. Get gud.

Or this
  • Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,692 ★★★★★
    Honestly there's a new thread on this twice a day. We're just sick of reading the same complaints.
  • Options
    spidyjedi84spidyjedi84 Posts: 290 ★★

Honestly there's a new thread on this twice a day. We're just sick of reading the same complaints.

Especially when the solutions are either play Battlegrounds or don't. Nothing is going to change to any game mode in the midst of an ongoing season.

• Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 3,282 ★★★★★
    If you're losing 25 times in a row, in gold, then I don't think matchmaking is the issue, I have seen 5* decks and 6r2 decks plus only one 7r1 decks in gold and even in platinum this season.