Why is CMM not gaining her charges from blocking BullsEye's Special 1?

TerminatrixTerminatrix Member Posts: 2,767 ★★★★★
edited July 4 in General Discussion
I wanted to see how she would work against BullsEye. The fight was going good, but I noticed she wasn't gaining her charges from blocking his special attack.

She always gain energy charges when blocking special attacks. I didn't see anything in BullsEye kit that would prevent this. Did I miss something?

Had she gained them off of his first special, she would have been at 25 and in Binary Ignition with 1:30-1:20 time left on the clock. That's a guaranteed annihilation lol.

https://youtu.be/AKuSlfbFXEo?si=FcIQyYaQiCxjL3Vk

Comments

• TerminatrixTerminatrix Member Posts: 2,767 ★★★★★

Looking at auntm.ai - she gains charges when blocking Physical attacks, and Bullseye's SP1 is listed as Projectile:

Best explanation I can think of...

Projectiles are still physical contact though? Kate Bishop and Longshot fire projectiles. When she blocks them, she gains charges.
  • Average_DesiAverage_Desi Member Posts: 514 ★★★
    There was a bug for some time where she wouldn't gain for war machines sp1 either.
  • PantherusNZPantherusNZ Member Posts: 2,038 ★★★★★

Projectiles are still physical contact though? Kate Bishop and Longshot fire projectiles. When she blocks them, she gains charges.

Kate's SP1 and 2 include a couple of Physical Strikes:

While Longshot's are listed as Physical / Projectile

Looking at auntm.ai - she gains charges when blocking Physical attacks, and Bullseye's SP1 is listed as Projectile:

Yeah that makes no sense. It should be physical projectile. His sp1 is currently bugged so makes sense

Projectiles are not contact. It's the opposite. But bullseye is currently bugged that his sp1 is contact. Maybe something to do with that
    edited July 4

Projectiles are not contact. It's the opposite. But bullseye is currently bugged that his sp1 is contact. Maybe something to do with that
    This just got even more confusing. How are projectiles not physical contact? The arrows, knives, and blades that are shot and thrown at you are not......physical contact?? 🤔 BullsEye inflicts bleeds with his blades, but the contact ain't physical?? How else can he make you bleed???

Well they need fix that bug soon. I hope that's not too much to ask. Any update on that?
    edited July 4
    Hmm

We can still beat BullsEye, but it sucks that this is preventing her from gaining charges faster like she normally would.

This just got even more confusing. How are projectiles not physical contact? The arrows, knives, and blades that are shot and thrown at you are not......physical contact?? 🤔 BullsEye inflicts bleeds with his blades, but the contact ain't physical?? How else can he make you bleed???

Well they need fix that bug soon. I hope that's not too much to ask. Any update on that?
    You're thinking of it the wrong way. Attacks can be classified into contact and projectile. Contact can be parry stunned, projectile cannot be. Contact will give thorns and electroshock but projectile will not
  • RuwqiersaRuwqiersa Member Posts: 714 ★★★
    There is contact and projectiles
    There is also energy and physical attacks
    Projectiles can be physical or energy depending on the champion. Same with contact
    I remember way back there was an issue where blocking Nimrods special one would not give charges but parrying it would. Guess why