Leaving mcoc?

First.
Thank you Kabam for the game. I have had an account since 2017. From the start I did not play that much. Last 4 years I have been on game every day. I have enjoyed most of it :)

So... Leaving mcoc?
Opinions is like a**holes. Everyone is entitled to have one... Here's mine.

Context:
For a long time I belive that I could stay competative with my mcoc approach. I was somewhat grinding game + picking up a few deals. mainly unitcard and sigil. After the release of 7* and how fast the 7* pool grew I started falling behind even tho I did not change the way I played the game. It became harder to reach GC in bg, I would maybe be able to get there with more time invested but idk.
I find war to be the best gamemode as it will give a variety of feelings during the attack phase. But as my roster not able to keep up I needed to make a choice. Spend more money and time to stay on "top", or stop spending and possibly retire from competative war/bg alliance stuff.
So I stopped buying the sigil... then stopped buying the unitcard... After bg rewards drop I will also end my 4+years streak of daily login and playing alliance gamemode. My hope is that many of those I've played with and left the game want to join my zero requirements ally just for the friendship and maybe a few laughter about every day life combined with some banter.

Opinion:
Based on my experience, my opinion is that you are pushing things to hard at the moment. There is to much to do in the game, and as there is rewards in aq, eq,sq war, bg, wow/sos/ story mode + + + you have succesfully made the game into either, a full time job or a moneypit for those who choose to pay. I think that if the game proceed as is (and it is probably hard to step on the break now) this game will become unhealthy for it's active players.with p3 alliance and above almost forced to spend money or loads of time.
I hope I am wrong, and I hope that the game keep giving many more players the good experience I so many times have had.
I also hope that you adjust to make sure to keep the awsome playerbase that you have buildt for yourself.

So as I've said when ally members leaving...
Thanks for your time. Good luck onwards.

Fisefar OUT!

Comments

• FisefarFisefar Posts: 86
    I forgot one thing.
    Dorky Dave!!! really awsome to see u posting stuff again. Good luck with the new job!
  • KLZKLZ Posts: 215 ★★
    Bye
  • FisefarFisefar Posts: 86
    @ahmynuts why comment if u did not read?
    @Emilia90 full time job was to stay competative. I'm planning to do what u do ;)
  • Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 3,320 ★★★★★
    Fisefar said:

@Emilia90 full time job was to stay competative. I'm planning to do what u do ;)

I mean yeah that’s kinda how every game works lol. Ultra competitive players either have to spend money or time or a combination of both. You can still push high as a F2P though
  • OdachiOdachi Posts: 1,109 ★★★★
    You can play the game without having to stay at the sharp end - you can just try this thing out called: Having Fun.

I don't do war, I'm from an alliance that doesn't compete competitively in AQ, I don't 100% new content on day 1, I just chill and play.
  • tnair2015tnair2015 Posts: 113
    Odachi said:

You can play the game without having to stay at the sharp end - you can just try this thing out called: Having Fun.

I don't do war, I'm from an alliance that doesn't compete competitively in AQ, I don't 100% new content on day 1, I just chill and play.

that's what he said will do now in OP, lol
  • MarvelKingSaitamaMarvelKingSaitama Posts: 30
    Bye 👋 @Fisefar enjoy the real life is more important & valuable than this game

I will be waiting for you if any good event happens in 2099
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 7,128 ★★★★★
    edited July 10
    Fisefar said:

I did read it, which is why I left my comment to let everyone who doesn't want to read it know what your entire post boils down to, hence TLDR
  • KLZKLZ Posts: 215 ★★
    Even ftp players can get to GC, with moderate grinding, so... skill issue
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,688 ★★★★★
    For me, game have not been fun for past 6 months for just one single reason.
    ULTRA TRASH RNG in all rewards.
    R3 gems and 7* pulls.
    I can keep up with whales with some effort. I lose a bunch but still don't mind the hustle.
    Been getting Mysterium 2 every season even with the handicap of r3s.
    0 game changing pulls. Cope rankups week after week. Still in m3, just doing objectives since first week after getting to GC. Keep getting bombarded with rows of rank3s, which is fine.

Thing I don't like is my own champion rng. And that's about it. Month after month passed and yet to have a fun rankup I wanted. There are not just 1 or 2 champs I want... No no no, I want atleast 12-13 of the missing ones from basic pool, Not even titan at this point.

It gets Frustrating after a point.
    Im barely playing my main.
    Turned to alt account for some stress free questing and BGs. Just today reached GC with 2 r5s. It was not easy but it was atleast fun and rewarding.
    Have dropped High tier AW months ago, I'm done with AQ too, no raids this week either.
    Completely dropped arenas. My play time have been reduced heavily which is good ig.
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 7,535 ★★★★★
    Take a break. This game's a magnet, Once yoj started to play, and decided to take a break, you'll come back atleast once before you die, for a fact.

I was addicted to this during Lockdown and left the game when 7.1 was launched, and came back after 2 years when abs man was released.
  • LokxLokx Posts: 1,186 ★★★★
    I respect your opinion, at the end of the day you’re entitled to your own. But from my experience i love all that they are offering. The reason why i quit mcoc back in 2016-2017 was because of the lack of content. But now there are ton of content it feels more fun and constantly playable.

You said that the 7* pool is growing and you could not catch up. That was true for me when 7* initially released because to acquire 7* shards, i felt like i had to be at the top rank of BG or War. But now i can get them from bg store, bg milestones, traders outpost, eq and sq + endgame content like SoS. Last month i got about 6 7* champs. Thats more 7* champs than the 3 months prior combined. And at the start of this month i even got two more. My 7* roster is growing faster now and i’m happy with it.

Also you said bg was a grind, that’s because of the error this month season brought with placement. Typically the grind would be less due people being placed in their correct respective places so the distance to GC would be easier. It’s just a unlucky season, also their new 2 medal win system feels faster less detrimental.

Lastly I feel like the content they give have a good time frame as well, bg is just under a month, each sos is two months (gives me plenty of time to gather revives), eq is a month and side quest depending on the format is a week. However because of the way this one was made you could do it any time you wished as the tickets were not restricted by their weeks respectively and kabam has made the structure of these quest more simpler to follow.

But that’s just my opinion, if you don’t try compare yourself to the whales and desire to be at the same position they are then the game currently is fun.
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,688 ★★★★★
    Fisefar said:

First.
    Thank you Kabam for the game. I have had an account since 2017. From the start I did not play that much. Last 4 years I have been on game every day. I have enjoyed most of it :)

So... Leaving mcoc?
    Opinions is like a**holes. Everyone is entitled to have one... Here's mine.

Context:
    But as my roster not able to keep up I needed to make a choice. Spend more money and time to stay on "top", or stop spending and possibly retire from competative war/bg alliance stuff.
    Opinion:
    Based on my experience, my opinion is that you are pushing things to hard at the moment. There is to much to do in the game, and as there is rewards in aq, eq,sq war, bg, wow/sos/ story mode + + + you have succesfully made the game into either, a full time job or a moneypit for those who choose to pay. I think that if the game proceed as is (and it is probably hard to step on the break now) this game will become unhealthy for it's active players.with p3 alliance and above almost forced to spend money or loads of time.
    I hope I am wrong, and I hope that the game keep giving many more players the good experience I so many times have had.
    I also hope that you adjust to make sure to keep the awsome playerbase that you have buildt for yourself.

You don't need new champs for wars, but you need diversity in your rankups with whatever you have. 0 spending gets you P3.

This is a common feeling after big sales.
    Whales gonna whale
    Arena grinders will get a taste of the cream.
    You'll feel left behind if you don't do either.

The constant content dropping, accessibility to resources have been on point this year.
    Nothing in the past can be compared to this year where you get this much free stuff just for logging in or doing bare minimum.

I personally don't have a single complain with how KABAM managed content and progression this year.

Multiple opportunities, be it rankup gems or 2 blody whole t4a alphas or the 7* champions just for logging in. Even getting valiant is not behind spending atm

Rng is what killing it for me. But outside rng they are literally handing out stuff for every progression.
  • Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Posts: 1,677 ★★★★★
    I'm borderline retired at this point, I do SoS or WoW whatever it is this time round, usually itemless or close to, and I do AQ because I can half ass that. I don't do war, barely touch BG, don't spend, and don't care about the game, it's more fun that way when you're not bothered about sweaty rank ups or spending on the newest champ.
  • Joker1976Joker1976 Posts: 654 ★★★
    Congrats on starting up a retired alliance 👍
  • BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 4,187 ★★★★★
    Fisefar said:

So you wrote all this to say you are going to keep playing and not spending on unit card and sigil?...
  • Twist1298Twist1298 Posts: 170
    Odachi said:

That competition is why some play, and the need to keep up sinks in because they go hand and hand at times. Spending 💰 will always bring the advantage. This is the burnout I spoke to on my post a couple days ago and I like you talked about having fun again by giving up the chase part of the game. It definitely can be done, and finding a relaxed Alliance is much easier these days and depending on the amount of players and rosters you can still get solid rewards without the stress.
  • J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 937 ★★★★
    Emilia90 said:

A lot of people do very casual AW and AQ and just split their time across other modes. Time will always be an investment for games like this but money isn’t a requirement. You can get through everything and play the game for a few minutes a day 🤷🏼‍♀️

I completed the permanent content and I just log in to do some arena or raids when they’re active, and whenever they drop some new content, that’s my only focus. I haven’t spent a single cent on content either

Idk why you’d need to treat the game as a full time job. Playing a little every day is the reason the content is usually available for weeks at a time

Spot on!
    It’s all about you the individual and your circumstances.
    I was frustrated and burnt out most of the time. I try to develop different strategies to manage playing the game in a healthy way. I’d play 2-3 season of competitive AW, and take 1 and sometimes 2 seasons break. But it wasn’t helping cos sometimes I’d have to come out from my break because my game buddies needed help. But the pressure of having to win, boss island fights, leadership work, and alliance mates showing off their flashy champs and rankups, subtly telling you making you feel you’re falling behind can cause frustration to anyone without the proper attitude and circumstances.

What did I do? I’ve left competitive alliance, I check my group chats once a week sometimes even more. I play as my circumstances allow, occasionally will pick up a deal here and there and I’m very satisfied.

To OP, you wanting to compete doesn’t necessarily mean you can. You may not have the means to and that’s okay. Do what you can, and be content. If it meaning quitting the game, then, by all means bro. Stressing all the time can even make you sick 🤢.
  • ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 874 ★★★★
    I haven’t spent at all this year. Play time has significantly reduced too.
    Easily make making GC every time and p3 war with minimal effort (not that war is fun to play anymore).
  • IamthePunkIamthePunk Posts: 1
    I agree with everything fisefar said, the games getting ridiculous, too much to do, if yall want to spend your life staring at your phone that’s fine. I like fisefar and going to step back from plat 2 and stay just to enter war with 2 attackers when hammered and go straight up the middle with questionable success