How did Kabam Get the Rights to Use Taito's Name?

kenadroidkenadroid Member Posts: 491 ★★★

Pretty sure there might be some legal issues in using a foreign company name for profit?

Comments

• kenadroidkenadroid Member Posts: 491 ★★★
    Also love the easter egg of the MCOC arcade stand
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,762 ★★★★★
    It's a reference to the Arcade games Taito makes/made. You're assuming they used the name without permission, which I don't know why you would go straight to that.

But given it looks nothing like the actual studios logo, I doubt anything will happen.

• kenadroidkenadroid Member Posts: 491 ★★★

It's a reference to the Arcade games Taito makes/made. You're assuming they used the name without permission, which I don't know why you would go straight to that.

But given it looks nothing like the actual studios logo, I doubt anything will happen.

Ahhh I see. Well some companies like Nintendo doesn't like it when their names are used too on other media. But it is what it is.
  • AzenstarAzenstar Member Posts: 69
    Facepalm!!
  • PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,025 ★★★★★
    I said OK
    🫡👌🆗
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,762 ★★★★★
    kenadroid said:

Ahhh I see. Well some companies like Nintendo doesn't like it when their names are used too on other media. But it is what it is.
    It boils down to what Taito has as their registered trademark, which they have one. Nintendo has a registered trademark on their name and are very aggressive about it.

Taito may only have a trademark on their logo design or they may have gone the Nintendo route. But more than anything, I'd be willing to bet that Kabam has permission or paid to use the name.
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,212 ★★★★★
    Nintendo is one of the most aggressive companies regarding anything associated with them. I don't think they are a fair benchmark to use for anyone else lmaoo.
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,896 ★★★★★
    Nintendo needs to chill actually.
    Pokemon fan games > their official **** ones (especially the recent ones). They can make billions if they try to accquire some of the cool fan games tbh.
  • peixemacacopeixemacaco Member Posts: 2,277 ★★★★
    Nice easter egg I didnt saw ...
    Great memories playing Taito games on Arcade and consoles.
  • Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,341 ★★★★★

Nintendo needs to chill actually.
    Pokemon fan games > their official **** ones (especially the recent ones). They can make billions if they try to accquire some of the cool fan games tbh.

Eh they’ve made ok ones but they’ve fallen off a lot after BW 2 which I think was the pinnacle of content in a Pokémon game. Still excited for Z tho
  • Toyota_2015Toyota_2015 Member Posts: 507 ★★★

There’s also an Asteroids arcade cabinet on the left
  • peixemacacopeixemacaco Member Posts: 2,277 ★★★★

There’s also an Asteroids arcade cabinet on the left

And a Marvel Contest of Champions Arcade at the right side