My theory on the every other day champ offers

OakenshieldOakenshield Member Posts: 2,085 ★★★★
So we are now on the third iteration of these offers, and clearly they are picking one each from the loyalty and incursions crystals and another from the various ‘event’ champions.

Given that we are coming up on the year anniversary of the loyalty and incursions crystals, I believe they are going to swap this current pool out and likely drop them into the basic pool. I think that is why they are ‘monetizing’ them one more time before they become generally available. I will admit that I’m not sure the ‘event’ champs are coming into the basic pool, but I’m guessing the 12 champs from the loyalty and incursions crystals are, then then 12 new champs will be added to those two pools.

Comments

• SandeepSSandeepS Member Posts: 1,236 ★★★★
    I love this theory
  • SquammoSquammo Member Posts: 523 ★★★
    The champs you called event champs are the ones that were available in the gifted guardians crystal we got during gifting.
  • Asher1_1Asher1_1 Member Posts: 396 ★★
    My theory kabam wants to make some money - if u give player a selector they are more likely to spend if they somehow want that champ & keep missing it.
  • ZolobacsiZolobacsi Member Posts: 123 ★★

So we are now on the third iteration of these offers, and clearly they are picking one each from the loyalty and incursions crystals and another from the various ‘event’ champions.

Given that we are coming up on the year anniversary of the loyalty and incursions crystals, I believe they are going to swap this current pool out and likely drop them into the basic pool. I think that is why they are ‘monetizing’ them one more time before they become generally available. I will admit that I’m not sure the ‘event’ champs are coming into the basic pool, but I’m guessing the 12 champs from the loyalty and incursions crystals are, then then 12 new champs will be added to those two pools.

That would be awesome. I've pulled the least desirable champs from everywhere, now I would get a chance to dup them! 😄
  • Grootman1294Grootman1294 Member Posts: 894 ★★★★
    I hope so. It would definitely be cool to get a refresh on those two crystals. After they get everyone in they can just rotate different champs in every now and then
  • TerminatrixTerminatrix Member Posts: 2,680 ★★★★★
    Asher1_1 said:

My theory kabam wants to make some money - if u give player a selector they are more likely to spend if they somehow want that champ & keep missing it.

Facts

Interesting theory. I hope you're right. Would be nice to finally see some new champs in those crystals.

Now if they can just get Unstoppable Colossus useless "trophy champ" buns out of the loyalty store 💀
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,879 ★★★★★
    It means new incursions and loyalty pool! Time to hoard

Already been on it 😂😂😂💀

edited July 13

Already been on it 😂😂😂💀

Hoarding Loyalty won't help much. we pretty easily get 1.5M in 3 months.
    Hoarding artifacts is a different thing, with the cap, you can indeed miss out on more artifacts.
    Smh. There's always one. 🙄

It might not help YOU. That's not my problem. I'm going to hoard regardless. Hoarding these loyalty resources does help....A LOT. Doesn't matter to me if we accumulate 1.5 mil in 3 months. The more, the merrier. Instead of opening just one, you can open 2 or 3. Might get even awaken the champ you just got.

Besides....I already have the loyalty and that's not going to change. Do you want me to give them back to Kabam?? 😂
  • OakenshieldOakenshield Member Posts: 2,085 ★★★★
    Squammo said:

The champs you called event champs are the ones that were available in the gifted guardians crystal we got during gifting.

You are right. I’ll admit I first thought it was a number of the ‘exclusive’ champs from the events over the past 6 months but you are correct that it is all from gifted guardians.

In that case, I slightly adjust my theory to say that the 6 champs from gifted guardians are also coming into the basic pool. If it was champs spread across the various events I was less certain, but given your correct observation I’m guessing all 18 champs (incursions, loyalty, gifted guardians event) are coming into the basic pool in the next 1-3 months.
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Member Posts: 4,712 ★★★★★
    edited July 13

Already been on it 😂😂😂💀

Hoarding artifacts is a different thing, with the cap, you can indeed miss out on more artifacts.

It might not help YOU. That's not my problem. I'm going to hoard regardless. Hoarding these loyalty resources does help....A LOT. Doesn't matter to me if we accumulate 1.5 mil in 3 months. The more, the merrier. Instead of opening just one, you can open 2 or 3. Might get even awaken the champ you just got.

Besides....I already have the loyalty and that's not going to change. Do you want me to give them back to Kabam?? 😂
    Extraordinarily perceptive! 💀 Cheers
    I hope you dupe and pull all new 6 champs on day 1.
  • DrZolaDrZola Member Posts: 8,891 ★★★★★
    Regardless, I’m still waiting ~60 and ~68 days to pop a new Incursions and Loyalty crystal.

Suggestion would be to either make it a tiny bit easier to get artifacts and/or make it less restrictive to buy the crystals. Don’t have to make the payout bigger, but perhaps have an every-third-month incursions bonus or booster. I get that’s kind of what Saga is, but currently Saga is the method for Deathless piece delivery as well. Other option would be to just add artifact boost to the Sigil.

There’s a lot going on in game. I tend to completely forget either of those crystals exist for months. It’s a shame some of the most sought after dupes are locked behind them.

Dr. Zola
    edited July 13

Already been on it 😂😂😂💀

Lol!! Hold up......I went back and checked the Loyalty crystals. I see that we can only get one at a time.

Ok my mistake, and my apologies. It's been a while since I made that crystal purchase. I pulled the champ that I wanted on the first try and never opened another one, so I completely forgot about the timer detail 😂
    @SirGamesBond
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Member Posts: 4,712 ★★★★★
    Well well well...... but you are not completely wrong. Last time we did get an option to get another crystal or an R5 gem. I took the gem at that time.
    Dunno if they will repeat something like that this time. We still have 60 days for the reset.
  • KLZKLZ Member Posts: 226 ★★
    I would totally sell my 7* Mordo and Ronin for 9500 units :) )

Already been on it 😂😂😂💀

Lol!! Hold up......I went back and checked the Loyalty crystals. I see that we can only get one at a time.

Ok my mistake, and my apologies. It's been a while since I made that crystal purchase. I pulled the champ that I wanted on the first try and never opened another one, so I completely forgot about the timer detail 😂
    @SirGamesBond
    Lmao who is disagreeing with MY experience? Let's talk about it.

Well well well...... but you are not completely wrong. Last time we did get an option to get another crystal or an R5 gem. I took the gem at that time.
    Dunno if they will repeat something like that this time. We still have 60 days for the reset.

Will be interesting to see!