Sauron in Event Quest Boss

He is unbeatable, no matter what champion I bring. He takes no damage whatsoever. I've spent units, I have done a path five times with some of the most debuff champs. Odin, Hyperion, Mr. Sinister. Nothing works. This is BS

Comments

• JoneenyoJoneenyo Posts: 5
    J3a0h said:

He is unbeatable, no matter what champion I bring. He takes no damage whatsoever. I've spent units, I have done a path five times with some of the most debuff champs. Odin, Hyperion, Mr. Sinister. Nothing works. This is BS

Angela was my star for this boss & node, followed by CGR & Herc. You need to bring a champ that can gain 3 or more buffs. Sauron will be take 100% less damage without those 3 + buffs applied to your champ.
  • WednesdayLengthWednesdayLength Posts: 989 ★★★
    J3a0h said:

Have you actually read the nodes?
  • JAYRAVAL7896JAYRAVAL7896 Posts: 78
    mine hyperion easily kill with only 54 hits.
  • CaptainaidenCaptainaiden Posts: 993 ★★★★
    edited July 12
    J3a0h said:

The node require you to get 3 buff to get damage, and combine with several debuff. It's not BS, the really BS is that you didn't carefully read the node. And of course you bring Odin but still you do something wrong there
  • EgyptOverseerEgyptOverseer Posts: 324
    I understand your frustration, but it requires very specific champs and abilities. I went with Red Skull and spam SP1s and heavies. That controls the Regen and keeps enough armour ups to deal damage.
  • BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 4,187 ★★★★★
    Fanta wrecked it
  • BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,981 ★★★★★
    edited July 13
    Red Skull, Ultron, Hyperion all solo’d.

I almost solo’d with overseer but after 5 minutes I lost focus… don’t recommend him but it can be done. I didn’t read the boss node before starting the quest was how that attempt was created
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 5,319 ★★★★★
    I soloed almost all the bosses with CGR, this one was the easiest lol
  • Superstar_1126Superstar_1126 Posts: 420 ★★
    Angela works great and on paper CGR would too. My personal favorite to use was Omega Sentinel with the heal block pre fight. All of them are Saga champs too so they can be used in Paragauntlet
  • EgyptOverseerEgyptOverseer Posts: 324
    Also note that passive Buffs don't work. On paper Hulk should work, but because his furies are passive it doesn't count.
  • ThaLoraxThaLorax Posts: 35
    edited July 18
    Thought id pop in here and ask what I am doing wrong? Are these not buffs that my champs have? They are all more than 3 buffs and still doing zero damage. Unless I've been misunderstanding/playing this game wrong for years, and these aren't actually buffs? Or are they all passive? Edit: I did forget that titania is buff immune. Are furies, Unstoppable, unblocksble, and indestructible not buffs though? Are smoulders or spidey-senses or investigations not buffs?

• willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 4,052 ★★★★★
    ThaLorax said:

Thought id pop in here and ask what I am doing wrong? Are these not buffs that my champs have? They are all more than 3 buffs and still doing zero damage. Unless I've been misunderstanding/playing this game wrong for years, and these aren't actually buffs? Or are they all passive? Edit: I did forget that titania is buff immune. Are furies, Unstoppable, unblocksble, and indestructible not buffs though? Are smoulders or spidey-senses or investigations not buffs?

Those are not buffs. Those are passive effects which don't count as buffs. @TheLorax
    edited July 18
    Ok, thanks for the response. I guess I've been misunderstanding the game on buffs vs effects. I thought all positive effects were buffs
  • Sunstar19Sunstar19 Posts: 157
    Nodes are quite restrictive. Angela and Venom would be great choices for this boss. I used Angela for every run
  • ThomildoThomildo Posts: 497 ★★★
    ThaLorax said:

Ok, thanks for the response. I guess I've been misunderstanding the game on buffs vs effects. I thought all positive effects were buffs

When there’s a tiny white outline around it. It’s a buff.
    No outline, it’s a passive effect.
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 7,535 ★★★★★
    Use Nimrod with Omega sentinel synergy. Watch him melt.

Use Nimrod with Omega sentinel synergy. Watch him melt.

This worked swimmingly. Thank you