Frequently Asked Questions about Combat and Combat mechanics

124»

Comments

• Denslo500Denslo500 Member Posts: 905 ★★★
    Thanks
  • Denslo500Denslo500 Member Posts: 905 ★★★
    I found this for willpower.

• winterthurwinterthur Member Posts: 8,058 ★★★★★
    Saw a question on Placebo node on AW. If the defender is Domino, will her sig ability kicks in and prevents the Placebo buff?
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,423 Guardian

Saw a question on Placebo node on AW. If the defender is Domino, will her sig ability kicks in and prevents the Placebo buff?

I've never tested that interaction before. Presumably, it should reduce the chance for the placebo buff to trigger, but there are some nodes that are unaffected by ability accuracy modification. I'm not sure if the nodes that apply placebo buffs are among them.
  • Average_DesiAverage_Desi Member Posts: 515 ★★★
    DNA3000 said:

I've never tested that interaction before. Presumably, it should reduce the chance for the placebo buff to trigger, but there are some nodes that are unaffected by ability accuracy modification. I'm not sure if the nodes that apply placebo buffs are among them.
    Why would that happen? If Domino is the defender and the Placebo Node is on the defender?
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,423 Guardian

DNA3000 said:

Why would that happen? If Domino is the defender and the Placebo Node is on the defender?
    Is the Placebo node on the defender?

If the node in question is one of the nodes that applies a Placebo buff to the attacker, which from the context of the question I was assuming, then the Placebo effect might be triggering on the attacker. Nodes aren't "on" the attacker or defender, nodes define effects that affect attackers and defenders, and sometimes these effects trigger on the attacker and sometimes they trigger on the defender (and sometimes both). Where the triggering takes place depends on the effects, and how the designer created them. It is possible for a defender to trigger an effect that then places a buff on the attacker; that's more or less what Dr. Voodoo's Loas are. But nodes can simply directly affect the attacker; Starburst for example (I believe) simply applies its effects on the attacker and aren't triggered by the defender to be placed on the attacker.

Because the precise mechanics of node effects is a bit opaque, I can't say for certain how any one particular node effect works without direct testing. But I do know that there's no specific rule that says all node effects trigger on the defender regardless of what they affect.
  • mueed777mueed777 Member Posts: 1
    Hy