Stark Spidey is a top 3 BG attacker

Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 3,324 ★★★★★
I think he’s the most versatile tech attacker and one of the best overall nukes. (This is from the current GC meta which doesn’t benefit Starky in any way. In fact it lowers his damage through inequity if the opponent has it active)

Also kinda played some of these wrong. All of these matches I built to 10 poise when 7-8 is usually enough (when punching same rank it’s better to get 10 but not necessary except for bullseye) so wasted a bit of time.

- Bullseye is now easy with him (this is r5A in GC, I could easily do a r3 too since the r5A dropped fairly quickly). Rotation is build 10 poise, 5 combo, 2 combo, Power drain heavy and combo. If r3 use striker and sp
- Photon is r3 in one and r5A in the other (r5 took longer because I shallow dexed so skill issue on my part lmao) and her dupe doesn’t matter because we kill her so fast
- Skull regardless of rank drops fast. Don’t need to worry about armor when our crit rate is so high and we kill him before he can even throw a special
- Same with onslaught. The only attempt I have saved is one where I messed up and shallow dexed like an idiot but it’s a very fast fight otherwise
- Nick gets dropped so easily. Poise into a combo + 2 hit combo + relic = 1st life dead, bait sp2, throw combo and he’s dead
- Just a few additional fights from this GC meta. R3 Mangog and a r5A Galan killed before even getting to do anything

Don’t have ss for these specific ones but he can obviously do them pretty easily. These include bishop, Jessica, wpx, dust, sassy, attuma (damage back tho), rintrah, any general defender. I linked Trap’s video here too to show a bunch of these fights

The only things he can’t handle are champs that punish crits like Sinister and Maestro and bs like Serpent. He also probably isn’t the best for domino but I think he can still handle her.

Other than that, if you can dex and they don’t punish crits, they’re dead before they even throw a special. The beautiful part of spidey is that most champs troublesome abilities come from their specials or if they’re hit too much. Champs like bishop drop so quickly that there’s no sp1 fear, Jessica can’t do anything if she’s just dead before reaching a special, Dust can’t trigger sandstorm if I kill her before any sand builds up, etc. Super versatile, incredibly fast for most meta threats, and he has some amazing power control and stun capabilities. This is my post to convince people to pick Starky twice from the carina challenges because I think it’s easily the best payoff

Also pls stop banning him most matches, I want to use him more 😭 I wanted more ss but he’s banned 95% of the time so I’ll just use Trap’s vid to show the fights that I couldn’t

Trap showing off 30 fights with him at r2:

https://youtu.be/HmWuJd3f-Rw?si=n2lwr7A7-8dm5iMg

TLDR; Pick double Starky if you’re bg focused. One of the best most versatile attackers, easy to play, no reliance on pretty much anything, takes pretty much 95% of current meta threats. Massacre is great but Starky supremacy (also inventive to finish the challenges for some people)

Comments

• EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 5,852 ★★★★★
    edited August 13
    I’m surprised Lagacy didn’t pick double Starky and chose Starky-Masacre instead (even though Starky is his favourite character)
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 7,600 ★★★★★
    edited August 13
    Can he do Fam?

Also how much time it takes to dex 10 times?
  • Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 3,324 ★★★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

I’m surprised Lagacy didn’t pick double Starky and chose Starky-Masacre instead (even though Starky is his favourite character)

I think some people wanted 2 new champs and hoped they would get AG’s soon. But yeah, I think double Starky very much payed off for everyone who picked him. Like I said, love massacre too but Starky is just more versatile and faster in a lot of cases

Only about 3 meta threats I’d never use him for (Serpent, Maestro, Sinister). Everyone else is a nuke fest

Can he do Fam?

Also how much time it takes to dex 10 times?

Yes pretty easily (trappy shows it in his vid). I’d have also liked to show but he’s banned too frequently. Not long to get to 10. About 15-25 seconds maybe depending on if you’re properly dexing (not shallow) but the next 15 seconds are just nuking. Most of the fight is just dexing to 10 and the remaining 10-15 seconds are just the opponent dead

No synergies, boosts, or anything and he hits 56k heavies and 27k mediums so that should give you a fair idea of how fast the opponent drops
  • peixemacacopeixemacaco Posts: 2,197 ★★★★
    At Sig 200 Spidey enhanced can avoid almost all attacks.

As defender is great too
  • Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Posts: 2,101 ★★★★★
    edited August 13
    Bros convincing me to take double starky lol

I wish I can pick and r3 him but there's no way my noob a** can do that tigra challenge lol.

I wish I can pick and r3 him but there's no way my noob a** can do that tigra challenge lol.
    I would’ve genuinely enjoyed that challenge if it was eop acceptance and not grief incarnate. The right path was very fun and it felt like I actually got to play Tigra by her playstyle rather than slogging through the fights. Plus it would mean no warlock & modok fights. It doesn’t help that I kinda suck playing Tigra but man it was so close to being fun for me, kind of a shame.

I think it’s 100% worth it if you end up doing the last challenge. Unduped you won’t crit every hit and he’s just such a monster when awakened. This is especially why I was so happy about the bullseye nerf even though it was small lmao. Made sparky even more versatile
    Emilia90 said:

I think it’s 100% worth it if you end up doing the last challenge. Unduped you won’t crit every hit and he’s just such a monster when awakened. This is especially why I was so happy about the bullseye nerf even though it was small lmao. Made sparky even more versatile
    I do think starky is objectively the best champ there, I just planned on taking one Masacre cuz I don’t really like starky’s playstyle. Dexing is annoying sometimes with passive ai, and his tiny healthpool doesn’t help if you accidentally block instead of dex or get hit etc. Masacre also is amazing for the upcoming crit me meta, but after that I expect starky to do better than him again. Being able to take bullseye is a honestly a really big plus too.

Emilia90 said:

I do think starky is objectively the best champ there, I just planned on taking one Masacre cuz I don’t really like starky’s playstyle. Dexing is annoying sometimes with passive ai, and his tiny healthpool doesn’t help if you accidentally block instead of dex or get hit etc. Masacre also is amazing for the upcoming crit me meta, but after that I expect starky to do better than him again. Being able to take bullseye is a honestly a really big plus too.
    Fair enough. There’s no issue with the AI playing into the dex usually though. If you stand there they’ll dash 90% of the time. If they don’t, maybe it’s a few extra seconds but he kills then so fast that it doesn’t matter.

I did have a more passive r3 photon earlier and only built to 7 poise. Added on like 4 seconds from what it usually is but it didn’t end up mattering because he just hits so hard. Fair on crit me but I think Starky will still be amazing there too

I’m not as big on massacre’s play style but he is really good and can take matches in similar times. Where I think Starky wins out easily is the versatility. Dust, Onslaught, bullseye, Photon, and a few others that massacre can’t do nearly as well or at all (he can cook photon tho)

Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

Fair enough. There’s no issue with the AI playing into the dex usually though. If you stand there they’ll dash 90% of the time. If they don’t, maybe it’s a few extra seconds but he kills then so fast that it doesn’t matter.

I did have a more passive r3 photon earlier and only built to 7 poise. Added on like 4 seconds from what it usually is but it didn’t end up mattering because he just hits so hard. Fair on crit me but I think Starky will still be amazing there too

I’m not as big on massacre’s play style but he is really good and can take matches in similar times. Where I think Starky wins out easily is the versatility. Dust, Onslaught, bullseye, Photon, and a few others that massacre can’t do nearly as well or at all (he can cook photon tho)

Yea tbf I have limited starky experience so I could
    be totally wrong about the ai thing. Also act 7 ai is definitely more passive than bgs ai.

And yea starky is definitely more versatile, that’s what makes me want to take him. I wish we knew when 7* ags will be made more available, cuz I ideally want to have both lol
  • Barrier ReefBarrier Reef Posts: 711 ★★★
    His auto evade against specials is so so clutch. With awesome damage to match.

Emilia90 said:

Shallow dexing is a big issue with him. For some odd reason you most likely shallow dex when you try to dex properly. Similarly when using cgr you almost always dex properly when you try to shallow dex, lol 🤣

Emilia90 said:

Shallow dexing is a big issue with him. For some odd reason you most likely shallow dex when you try to dex properly. Similarly when using cgr you almost always dex properly when you try to shallow dex, lol 🤣
    Yeah shallow dexing is one of those things that you just need to practice to avoid. If you’re dodging back too early it’s usually because you’re scared of being clipped but as you do it more and more you probably won’t end up shallow dexing. I used to do it a few times (that onslaught mention was an earlier meta) but now it’s like once every couple matches and it barely affects anything. Also true on that CGR one, I mess that up all the time but I probably need to practice actually shallow dexing with him 😭

At Sig 200 Spidey enhanced can avoid almost all attacks.

As defender is great too

Any cosmic pretty much shuts down his evade, as do knocking him down.
    edited August 14
    Emilia90 said:

I'm kinda 50/50 about the bullseye nerf. On one hand, it makes champions like Nightcrawler and Starky viable, but on the other hand, the bleed on dexing isn't even the main problem because in most matchups you won't dex his basics that often.

They might do something similar to Serpent if they decide to tone him down, but we'll see

His auto evade against specials is so so clutch. With awesome damage to match.

The evade chance seems to be more than 60% for me, because my Starky literally evades like every hit of the special, not sure if this is good RNG or is it actually 60%.