**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

5-Star Featured Crystal Change Discussion Thread

Comments

• Its_JubJubIts_JubJub Posts: 3
    edited January 2018
    if you are ruining the odds of pulling a feature cant you at LEAST have the 18 basic champs out of the basic pool for that 3 months? giving people a chance at pulling somone worth wasting cats on
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Grimmbear wrote: »
    I mean this in the worst of ways. Your team is deluded. In what universe are those champs even semi useful? Tier 20? There is NOBODY in any decent ally using 90% of those champs anywhere but defense (and only a couple for that) let alone **** attack or aq. They are NOT top options. Not a single one is god tier. Pathetic. Open your eyes.

If you are not a fan of the Champions in the Crystal, you can always wait until the Featured Champion you like is added to the Basic Pool, like the 3-Star and 4-Star Champions.

Also, nobody said they are the top Champions, and while player perception of these Champions may differ, these Champions are ones that people use to great success.

So someone sticks Cyclops on an Unblockable SP1 node in AW and picks up a few kills and this suddenly means that he is an ‘effective’ champ?

Actually, yes.
    Miike, take this back to the ‘team’. Have them come onto the forum for for an hour at some point and answer questions directly.

I personally believe in better communications between players and game developers and I've fought for that myself in the past. But yeah, that's not going to happen.

It might make him effective in War on that node, but it does NOT make him an effective champ for people trying to progress through end content and the like of LOL.

You're correct, and as soon as you find a quote from a Kabam employee that says the intent of the new featured crystal is to pack it with champions players can use to complete LoL, I will be right there with you complaining that the crystal fails to meet its objective.

But since Kabam has only stated that the intent of the crystal is to contain the most recent six featured champions plus a curated set of eighteen other 5* champions that try to avoid the least effective champions when played by the players, Cyclops having a reasonable use as a placed defender appears to explicitly do exactly what they said the crystal will do.
  • beyonder8421beyonder8421 Posts: 881 ★★★
    Its_JubJub wrote: »
    if you are ruining the odds of pulling a feature cant you at LEAST have the 18 basic champs out of the basic pool for that 3 months? giving people a chance at pulling somone worth wasting cats on

I do not want Nebula or Agent Venom removed from the basic crystal!
    I think a better statistic would be how many players actually buy the featured crystal against people that only buys the basic one. I always felt like the cost of that crystal and the chances to get a spider-gwen were reasons enough to not buy it.
  • sfu_koraxsfu_korax Posts: 239 ★★
    Honestly, I think its better to just make featured 5star crystals not available anymore than release this parody of a crystal. The initial champions are all disappointing to say the least. The only one I would be excited about pulling is maybe void... About a week ago i tried for a 5star sentry. Did not get him, but landed on a ghost rider. I was EXCITED. I went for someone who i thought could be interesting and pulled a guaranteed to be aweasome champion. Right now you are eliminating chances for someone to pul whoever great champion they could have pulled from these crystals all those months. Someone goes for the featured crystal and gets an ant man (who btw is NEVER used in aq, sorry to say that). It's not that he got ant man but that he did not even have a chance of gatting like a blade or a star spider man who could help him. The extra price is ridiculous for the champions you are offering in this crystal. Basics all the way for me then, too bad I was saving for gladiator hulk...
    linux wrote: »
    Regardless, saving 90k shards for a less than 1/4 chance to get the champ you want (when you really only want one from the featured crystal) is going to lead most people to miss and be unhappy.

The vast overwhelming majority of public complaints about the featured 5* crystal on both these forums and the reddit seem to me to be not that the player missed, but that out of all the tries for featured they got nothing but "garbage" champions instead, making the value of the crystal perceived to be worse than just pulling basics.

So if you are focusing on "unhappy players" I think it is far more important to focus not on the chance to "win," but rather on the chance to "lose." This crystal seems to have a lower chance to pull champions most would consider garbage champs repeatedly.
  • bradshaw84bradshaw84 Posts: 31
    Ultimately nothing we say or do here matters until it effects their bottom line.

All their promises of better transparency and community interaction are hollow empty promises when these plans supposedly in the works for months are forced upon us and ultimately unanimous loathing of them will be wholly ignored until their income suffers and they can patronise us in a few weeks with a compromise that they can sell to us as “we’ve listened to you”.
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    I mean this in the worst of ways. Your team is deluded. In what universe are those champs even semi useful? Tier 20? There is NOBODY in any decent ally using 90% of those champs anywhere but defense (and only a couple for that) let alone **** attack or aq. They are NOT top options. Not a single one is god tier. Pathetic. Open your eyes.

If you are not a fan of the Champions in the Crystal, you can always wait until the Featured Champion you like is added to the Basic Pool, like the 3-Star and 4-Star Champions.

Also, nobody said they are the top Champions, and while player perception of these Champions may differ, these Champions are ones that people use to great success.

I look at this way... If all the champs were great champs, then what is the gamble... Opening a crystal, any of them, is a gamble.... The gambling aspect of the game is part of the "thrill" and the "agony" of the game. It would be good to know the odds exactly though for all crystals.

• Should've just kept the increased rate for the 6 featured pool champs (20% chance to get 1 of those 6.) As it stands now, unless there are several champs of the 24 I want, there doesn't seem to be anything to make it worth the extra 5k shards.

Also, your servers are down again @Kabam Miike . :/
    Its_JubJub wrote: »

I don't see how this suggestion helps anyone. That almost sounds like you think they are replacing the featured *pool* with the set of 24 in the featured *crystal* which will still have a basic pool. They are not doing that. They are eliminating the current featured crystal that has a featured pool (with one champion in it), a subfeatured, and a basic pool, and replacing it with the new featured crystal that has a flat equal chance to pull any of the 24 champions in it which will contain six featured champs and eighteen basic champs.

There's no more "basic pool." There is the basic crystal which costs 10k shards and contains every basic champion, and there's the featured crystal which is a different crystal which costs 15k shards and contains 24 champions: six featured and eighteen basic, all with equal chance of being drawn.
    Should've just kept the increased rate for the 6 featured pool champs (20% chance to get 1 of those 6.) As it stands now, unless there are several champs of the 24 I want, there doesn't seem to be anything to make it worth the extra 5k shards.

Also, your servers are down again @Kabam Miike . :/

Servers are up for me, and seem to have been up continuously for the past hour or so.
  • DubDub Posts: 12
    This list of champs is garbage man. There’s only like 4 champs anybody would wanna pull including the features. Not to mention I’m tired of pulling storm and ant man from features. It almost looks like you picked the champs that were ranked down the most tontjrow them in the new feature pull
  • phiguy721phiguy721 Posts: 197
    Simple question for @Kabam Miike:

Will Void have his own feature crystal? Or, will we have to wait until February to have a chance at him?
  • DubDub Posts: 12
    And don’t give me the features gmc crystal as a good viable way to get any 5* champs. I’ve bought over 300 and only pulled 1 ever. It’s garbage too
  • phiguy721 wrote: »

Will Void have his own feature crystal? Or, will we have to wait until February to have a chance at him?

Yes he will. Any champion released before February 13th will still have the old style Featured Hero Crystal. So that means Void, and the new Champion on February 1st, but neither of them will have a re-run of their Crystal. Any Champion released after February 13th will not have a specific Featured Hero Crystal.
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    Just talked to the team, and they are comfortable with sharing the list of Champions we plan to include in the first Featured Champion Crystal. It's important to note that this list could still potentially change a little before the release, but the selected Champions are based on empirical data showing their effectiveness as 5-Star Champions in both Alliance Quests and Alliance Wars.

Beast
    Storm
    Cable
    Cyclops (New Xavier School)
    Thor (Ragnarok)
    Taskmaster

Agent Venom
    Hawkeye
    Modok
    Sentry
    Void

Ant-Man
    Mordo
    Thor (Jane Foster)
    Loki
    Juggernaut
    Hela
    Phoenix
    Ronan
    Venompool
    Nebula
    Punisher (2099)
    Civil Warrior
    Doctor Octopus

Bold Text denotes Featured Champions.

Please allow me to make a simple suggestion.

Instead of waiting 3 months for the last quarter's champs to be added, how about monthly the two new champs get added and the oldest champs (based on release date) get dropped.

• RobjobcbkRobjobcbk Posts: 32

You and your team are delusional if you believe those champs would continue to be used when that player got almost anyone else. As to “people use to great success,” is this in 5.4? Or act 4? Or tier 15+?
    Define success and at what level...
  • ThatweirdguyThatweirdguy Posts: 675 ★★★
    So the best and quickest way to get the new 5* champ will be from GMFHC. Veterans of the game will remember the days of people spending Odin after Odin FHC. I guess this is a return to that. Mark my words there will be an unprecedented number of Blade level champs released after this. No more Sentry types.
  • @
    phiguy721 wrote: »

Yes he will. Any champion released before February 13th will still have the old style Featured Hero Crystal. So that means Void, and the new Champion on February 1st, but neither of them will have a re-run of their Crystal. Any Champion released after February 13th will not have a specific Featured Hero Crystal.

Soooo.. who is the new champ on feb 1st? Asking for a friend
  • Darth_KaladinnDarth_Kaladinn Posts: 103
    edited January 2018
    @
    phiguy721 wrote: »

Soooo.. who is the new champ on feb 1st? Asking for a friend

It’s Gladiator Hulk

uif0o4sz94fo.png
  • EncoreEncore Posts: 35
    So this is the adaptation Kabam have come up with for new Apple lootcrate rules?
    Nice.
  • RobjobcbkRobjobcbk Posts: 32
    gzrbang wrote: »
    Robjobcbk wrote: »
    You FORCED DEFENDER DIVERSITY ON US! If I look at my alliance and the opposing alliance 3 chosen champs for aw offense I only see 3 champs from your list that are REALISTICALLY used on offense. For aq I only see 6 more that MAY be used from that list.
    Here’s what I see
    Aw offense:
    AA
    Iceman
    Rogue
    Vision (both)
    Star lord
    Spider-Man stark enhanced
    Gwenpool
    Hawkeye
    Crossbones
    Black widow
    Blade
    Quake
    Cap ww2
    Hulk (maybe)
    Magik
    Scarlet witch
    Dr voodoo
    Ghost rider (for blade)
    Cosmics are a liability with MD

If you see others used it’s likely the player has not pulled one of the above champs (I’m sure I missed a couple) because your drop rates on god tier champs are seemingly lower.

In response to you actual list, we (the vast majority) don’t really want:
    Cyclops
    Agent venom
    Sentry (he’s not balanced)
    Ant man (PLEASE NOOOOO!!!)
    Thor Jane foster
    Loki
    Juggernaut
    Ronan
    Venompool
    Punisher 2099
    Civil warrior

Instead of looking at the “data,” speak to end game players/alliances on what champs are desired. I know you won’t because you make many decisions without communicating with the player base (not that you have to) but if you want to make more money, make this game and that in the game more desirable and in working order. The better you make this game in the eyes of players the more we will spend because we have some faith in Kabam.

Not sure where you got Agent Venom on the "don't really want" list from. He's got some good utility with 50% evasion reduction (+30% on L1) and 70% chance to shrug off debuffs. He's a bit of a niche champ, but I use my 5/50 AV once in awhile. He was great vs Uncollected Void in this month's event quest to shrug off the degen debuff and took off about 40-50% health off Void. I've used AV on my AW tier 1 attack "B" team when my top team was tied up in map 6 vs a stun immune Spidey mini-boss.

I said majority. Most will not take an AV to rank 4 when you compare him to other skill champs. I get your point though