Why'd Mr Fantastic fall off?

Archit_1812Archit_1812 Member Posts: 396 ★★
Honestly, you gotta love the man. 6r2 took down ROL Cap Marv in 2 mins for me. Bloody brilliant damage, great utility, evades more than Spidey, i dont see the problem.

Comments

• ErcarretErcarret Member Posts: 2,893 ★★★★★
    I like him a lot. For me, the reason I haven't ranked him up is that he doesn't really fit in anywhere for me. He needs three SP2s for full ramp-up and then SP3s after that for full damage. That's quite a lot of work, and overkill in most situations I find myself in. It's not really a valuable playstyle for BGs and even the EQ doesn't really require that kind of time investment. Story content might but it comes out so rarely nowadays that I don't rank up any champions specifically for it.

I guess we could see Summer of Suffering-esque fights that require someone like him, but I haven't gone "Oh, I wish I had Mr. Fantastic ranked up" nearly as much as I've gone "Oh, I wish I had Sandman ranked up." So I just ranked up my Sandman.

Lastly, I think it might be because he isn't a 7*. Why would I invest rank-up resources for a 6* when I have a 7* that does a lot of the same things?
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,818 ★★★★★
    Ercarret said:

I like him a lot. For me, the reason I haven't ranked him up is that he doesn't really fit in anywhere for me. He needs three SP2s for full ramp-up and then SP3s after that for full damage. That's quite a lot of work, and overkill in most situations I find myself in. It's not really a valuable playstyle for BGs and even the EQ doesn't really require that kind of time investment. Story content might but it comes out so rarely nowadays that I don't rank up any champions specifically for it.

I guess we could see Summer of Suffering-esque fights that require someone like him, but I haven't gone "Oh, I wish I had Mr. Fantastic ranked up" nearly as much as I've gone "Oh, I wish I had Sandman ranked up." So I just ranked up my Sandman.

Lastly, I think it might be because he isn't a 7*. Why would I invest rank-up resources for a 6* when I have a 7* that does a lot of the same things?

Mr negative exists as 7* though.
  • Steam97Steam97 Member Posts: 139 ★★
    He's a bit slow to ramp up and we usually have faster science champs to use for the fights he could take. In bgs he's way too slow on attack and in war there are 7 star champions who perform better.
  • LokxLokx Member Posts: 1,223 ★★★★
    I hope he is the sagas next chase champ. He is part of the next saga defenders/attackers list, would be cool to have him as a 7* to chase
  • Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Member Posts: 2,082 ★★★★★
    For me, gameplay is too clunky. I never used him
  • 007Bishop007Bishop Member Posts: 489 ★★★
    I love him and actively use him everywhere except BGs. He isn't very effective in BGs and since this community mostly just cares about one particular game mode, I suppose his usage has dropped. He's was and still is an insanely effective attacker with crazy levels of control over a fight
  • PimbechePimbeche Member Posts: 16

I love this champ is not the best attacker not good for bg because is need to ramp , but he have a lot of good ability if you ramp him like reverse heal and gain power as 120% max,down the power the champ adverse gain i can go to sp3 and the adverse is only in spe 1 and he can down the damage debuff max 75% same for spe adverse so not a good attacker but a good controle champ
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,000 ★★★★★
    I enjoy him but he takes a while to ramp. In BGs he’s really only useful in regen metas
  • OakenshieldOakenshield Member Posts: 2,080 ★★★★
    I’m actually a bit surprised they haven’t brought him out as a 7* yet - he fits the profile of the sorts of champs they have been releasing. Solidly good that shines again when people have a reason to get reacquainted with him. However, at this point I expect they are waiting for the new FF Movie.
  • Darkraw346Darkraw346 Member Posts: 2,323 ★★★★★
    Lokx said:

I hope he is the sagas next chase champ. He is part of the next saga defenders/attackers list, would be cool to have him as a 7* to chase

PLEASE

I’m actually a bit surprised they haven’t brought him out as a 7* yet - he fits the profile of the sorts of champs they have been releasing. Solidly good that shines again when people have a reason to get reacquainted with him. However, at this point I expect they are waiting for the new FF Movie.

Well they released 7* Thing and Invisible Woman already, it’s not too late to release 7* Reed

Human Torch on the other hand…
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,818 ★★★★★
    My bad I thought this entire thread was about mr negative, I'm embarassed lmao.
  • Barrier ReefBarrier Reef Member Posts: 719 ★★★
    He’s always been a favorite of mine as a marvel character in general. Love his elastic abilities lol.
    EdisonLaw said:

Well they released 7* Thing and Invisible Woman already, it’s not too late to release 7* Reed

Human Torch on the other hand…
    Actually I change my mind. 7* Human Torch would make him more relevant since he has access to block proficiency stat focus