**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

5-Star Featured Crystal Change Discussion Thread

Comments

• Ryuichi_01Ryuichi_01 Posts: 123
    Ashfar23 wrote: »
    Will Thor Scarlet Witch Captain WW2 Black Widow Daredevil Classic Wolverine.....will be added to 5 star ?
    They should be added in 5 star...... you added all the worst champs but can't add them ?

they'll be OP as 5*.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,240 ★★★★★
    To be fair, it's possible later on. I have a suspicion we may see them sometime. Just that they have no plans at this time.
  • Ryuichi_01Ryuichi_01 Posts: 123
    I just love how some peeps are using maths and probability principles etc in the game. As a youtuber said, "we play the game because we want to enjoy and not to stress ourselves on this kind of things." Well maybe lowering the cost of this 5* featured between 10-15k or maybe lower than 10k. But yeah, we'll just have to accept what they will add since they are the captain of the ship.
  • Mwhitaker23Mwhitaker23 Posts: 332 ★★
    any news on when 6 stars are coming and which champs will be in the pool? im at 12k 6 star shards now @Kabam Miike
  • Nexus_UY_ScutiNexus_UY_Scuti Posts: 480 ★★
    Can you summarize in a table the situation before and after the change.

I know you are trying, but your wall of text is too complicated to understand.
  • weapon_xtreme83weapon_xtreme83 Posts: 110
    Congratulations Kabam. You just made it so that after the Blade featured crystal, no one is going to care about the featured crystals anymore. Makes you wonder if this has something to do with the possibility of disclosing the drop rates, and adding multiple champs allows them to manipulate this.
    I do not work for them. They've said it themselves many times. I can see you're trying hard to argue. I'm not interested. Sorry.
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    edited January 2018
    Why are you guys focusing your hate on grounded wisdom he or she is irrelevant like all of us but our voice is the only thing they can listen to, kabam is going to release this crystal which works in the worst way. Focus on making sure they change it after seeing how bad the first one is. If they decide to just ignore our feedback well that just once again proves what kabam is.
    If that's how you feel, great. As I said before, we can agree to disagree.
  • belli300belli300 Posts: 704 ★★★
    Just talked to the team, and they are comfortable with sharing the list of Champions we plan to include in the first Featured Champion Crystal. It's important to note that this list could still potentially change a little before the release, but the selected Champions are based on empirical data showing their effectiveness as 5-Star Champions in both Alliance Quests and Alliance Wars.

Beast
    Storm
    Cable
    Cyclops (New Xavier School)
    Thor (Ragnarok)
    Taskmaster

Agent Venom
    Hawkeye
    Modok
    Sentry
    Void

Ant-Man
    Mordo
    Thor (Jane Foster)
    Loki
    Juggernaut
    Hela
    Phoenix
    Ronan
    Venompool
    Nebula
    Punisher (2099)
    Civil Warrior
    Doctor Octopus

Bold Text denotes Featured Champions.

This is absolutely hilarious I can’t believe the team thought this was a good idea #deathoffeaturedfivestar
  • becauseicantbecauseicant Posts: 412 ★★★
    Can you please tell us if you're at least considering finishing the planned featured 5* crystals for everyone up to Sentry? Tons of people have been saving for characters and they won't get a shot to roll for them with this change. This is a massive change that affects everyone who was saving for heroes that came after Blade and yet only he gets a special second run. Do the right thing and give these people their second chance as well.
  • NinjAlanNinjAlan Posts: 358 ★★★
    Mmx1991 wrote: »
    People earn their Shards the same way, with the exception of a few Offers. How they spend them is really not that consequential. I don't believe it's possible that NO ONE will buy it. However, I don't think it makes a difference to them whether you purchase a Basic or a Featured.

Your absolutely right. They don't care what you spend your shards on, only that you spend your units and money on the featured grandmaster crystals.

I can't say that that's accurate either. We don't know the rates of those Crystals, but I suspect that landing a Featured 5* would be less than 4%.

Your once again missing the point. They don't care what your chances are. If you buy the FGMC there is a 100% chance of 1 thing....increasing their profits.

They may be a business, but that doesn't mean every change is for the sole purpose of extracting money.

Have you ever gone for a feature 5*? I have over 20 times, they’re a lot of fun and the part of the game I look forward to most. The spin is exciting, I even occasionally watch the spins of others. I like having a small amount of (earned) control over my roster, I’m definitely going to miss it.

Spinning any Crystal has that excitement. You always hope for what you want. Let's face it. What's going to be missed is the fast-track to a new Champ.

Anything fast tracked about grinding your fingers off for 6 months saving 150k shards for a specific champ? Or is it fast tracking when whales spend Odins and get them in 10 minutes?

It doesn't take 6 months to open a Crystal that has a drop rate higher than any other in the game, as far as one specific Champ is concerned.

It takes many months of grinding to save 120-135k shards for a specific champ. Much slower than a whale who spins him in 10 minutes.

Kabam just screwed every player who worked hard for their champions.
    What do whales have to do with it? You think they are benefitting from this? Statistically, those whales have more Shards than you. Which is why they roll every Champ they go for. You would be staggered to see the results of the GMC. Have a look on YouTube sometime. The amount of money you would have to invest to compensate for drops that the current Featured Crystals have is just ludicrous. Some may have that much money, sure. Certainly not a target audience. The changes mean fair drops. Not better drops for those that allegedly work harder.

GW you’re off the mark on this one. This change indirectly benefits all the whales who are willing to spend thousands on feature grandmaster crystals to get the feature 5* champion, because of the now exclusivity of new 5* champions. I’m referring to the higher tier players so try to stay with me. The best way to get the latest 5* version of a new champion is through feature grandmaster crystals, especially if a new champion is released just after the latest 3-month feature 5* crystal. You would need 24 new feature 5* crystals (360k 5* shards) to have the same chance as 5 feature 5* crystals now (assuming 20% feature chance). So if a new champion comes out that is absolutely god-tier and with top prestige, the whales who have thousands to spend on this game are the ones who will get that champion and have a higher edge on non-whales. Where as before, any BrianGrant could save up all their 5* shards and have a pretty decent chance at getting the featured 5* champion if they saved enough. To say that this change will not affect at all the amount of feature grandmaster crystals being purchased is naive.

“The amount of money you would have to invest to compensate for drops that the current Featured Crystals have is just ludicrous” - that is the definition of a whale, now you know.

Nothing is stopping that from happening now. Although I don't think the number of people who have that much to spend is large. Anyone can buy the GMC right now. Whether spending or Shards, those whales are going to get what they want in any system. This change is about the Crystals, not the spending. That's just my opinion.

And your totally entitled to your opinion, even if it is wrong.

An opinion isn't an opinion when it's incorrect, it's just wrong. And the proof is in the pudding as they say, the new 5* will not be available via shards, only via units i.e. cash.
  • IOSJasoNIOSJasoN Posts: 643 ★★★
    So the idea of this is make players wait 3 months for a slim chance at the new champs.. or they can spend buying unit bundle after unit bundle to buy the Grandmasters featured crystals to have an even slimmer chance to pull the new 5* champs sooner.. Got it thanks..

Tbh guys there's no point complaining it's their game we just play it.. If the change doesn't work out to their advantage they will change it again or back eventually..
  • Vdh2008 wrote: »
    There is a certain person here (no names mentioned) that’s working real hard to derail the thread as is the normal MO. Please stop feeding trolls and focus your anger where it belongs. This feature crystal change is a slap in the face to the community and it needs to be addressed.

Sorry, just can't seem to not let the troll get to me.
  • lozzadudelozzadude Posts: 164
    Just talked to the team, and they are comfortable with sharing the list of Champions we plan to include in the first Featured Champion Crystal. It's important to note that this list could still potentially change a little before the release, but the selected Champions are based on empirical data showing their effectiveness as 5-Star Champions in both Alliance Quests and Alliance Wars.

Beast
    Storm
    Cable
    Thor (Ragnarok)
    Taskmaster

Agent Venom
    Hawkeye
    Modok
    Sentry
    Void

Ant-Man
    Mordo
    Thor (Jane Foster)
    Loki
    Juggernaut
    Hela
    Phoenix
    Ronan
    Venompool
    Nebula
    Punisher (2099)
    Civil Warrior
    Doctor Octopus

Yes there are some meh champs in there & light on God-tier champs, but it could be worse. From my 3x featured 5* crystals I pulled Spider Gwen, Colossus & Old Man Logan. At least they aren't in there & this time round there is no LC, IP, HB, SH, etc.

I think that Ant-man definitely should NOT be in any featured crystal though.
  • belli300belli300 Posts: 704 ★★★
    I think a good option to please the community for this first round and only for this first round it to allow the community to vote on 6 champs they want to see in the first new feature crystal so the 1st crystal would have 6 feature champs, 6 voted on by the community(1 champs from each class) and then 12 trash champs kabam would like to throw in to change the odds. I know kabam doesn’t really listen to suggestion but I think this would be a Good opportunity to regain some ground with the community seeing as so far with the exception of the monthly calendar 2018 has been a total bust for Mcoc. Not off to a good start guys this could change things.
  • Player1994Player1994 Posts: 793 ★★★
    if we won't be able to get a featured champ with this crystal ? then why it will cost us 15k shards ? basically it's becoming a normal crystal pool means having to wait months and months to pull a luke cage
    Player1994 wrote: »
    if we won't be able to get a featured champ with this crystal ? then why it will cost us 15k shards ? basically it's becoming a normal crystal pool means having to wait months and months to pull a luke cage

You will be able to get them. The chance of one specific Feature will be less, but the chance of a Feature in general will be more.
  • The only way to have the character in evidence 5 stars of the week will be through the acquisition of the crystals in evidence?, I find it a thing out of the ordinary, that one must necessarily spend money and units to have the character in evidence, or you spend money or you can not have it, does it seem right?
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,567 ★★★★★

Beast
    Storm
    Cable
    Thor (Ragnarok)
    Taskmaster

Agent Venom
    Hawkeye
    Modok
    Sentry
    Void

Ant-Man
    Mordo
    Thor (Jane Foster)
    Loki
    Juggernaut
    Hela
    Phoenix
    Ronan
    Venompool
    Nebula
    Punisher (2099)
    Civil Warrior
    Doctor Octopus

With the exception of 1 or 2 champs this list is trash.

Consistently good regen: Doc Ock, Nebula (maybe, and only if you get hit).

Double immune: Nebula

Bleed immune: no one

Poison immune: Ronan

Power control: Hawkeye, Doc Ock, Civil Warrior

Defense: Juggs (needs to be duped and 5/5MD), Mordo

Ability accuracy reducers: Civil Warrior

Shrug off Debuff: Agent Venom

Nebula is mediocre.
    Ronan sucks.
    Hawkeye while still has good utility is replaced by Magik and Vodoo and OG Vision, etc..
    Juggs get torn through with Blade tho he's decent.
    Civil Warrior ability reductions pales in comparison to Archangel, Voodoo, etc..
    Agent Venom is a tough defender in very low tiers but has terrible offense.

No offense but nobody wants any of the champs listed except for Doc Ock and maybe Hela.

Terrible utility champs, poor double immunes, terrible regen, barely anyone worth taking into AQ or AW, defensively or offensively. Your team must be getting their information from map 2/3 players who don't know how to evade Cyclops' beams and are forced to use their Antman's and Ronans.

What is this, early 2016?

Nope, they have super awesomely awesome data that shows all those heroes are super useful and amazingly effective in AQ and AW

;););););););)
  • ImranImran Posts: 587 ★★★
    I'm here just to read the comment.
  • The issue with these is that if the new crystal comes out and the next week they release a new sought after champ that unless you want to spend on GMC then you have to wait 3 months. So even though there may be some featured champs in the crystal, if the one your wanting isn't going to be in there for 3 months why would anyone waste the shards they have been saving on a crystal that doesn't have the champ they want. If this is the way they want to go then they should allow you to trade/sell 5* shards for units or for GMCs so that you can have a chance at getting the newly released champ that you want.
  • CoolGuy_McFlyCoolGuy_McFly Posts: 14
    So basically these new 5* featured crystals will have a smaller pool of 18 champions from the 5* basic crystal and a chance of 6 previously featured champions for a total of 24 champions in them, but instead of lasting 2 weeks, they'll stay longer until the next batch of 6 featured champs is created about 3 months later? Just making sure I'm getting this right because in my opinion, it's not that bad of a new system. The basic pool will still make up 18 of the champions in the featured crystal, but it's a 6/24 chance or 1/4 chance to get a featured champ that might still be very viable/good. So with the first batch of the new featured 5* crystals, there's a chance of getting MODOK (who imo is a pretty solid/annoying to fight defender), and Hela (who has a pretty great damage output and prestige) as well as a few other champs from the basic pool that though they're not announced/chosen yet, MIGHT eventually include champions like Stark Spidey, Star-Lord, Gwenpool, Medusa, Quake, Archangel, and other champs that are sought for in the 5* basic pool. If 5k shards means a slightly higher chance of getting a champ I actually want over some featured champs I'm not too hyped for, I'm pretty excited to see how this plays out.
  • Kabam -

There's a strategy that you perhaps unintentionally eliminated in making these 5* changes. Sometimes when I was on the fence about a champ, I'd attempt to pull him in feature 5* but not attempt to dupe him. Then I'd play with him for a bit and commit more red shards to the 5* re-release if I wanted to dupe. There was an embedded option to commit scarce resources or not, because I knew the champ would be released a 2nd time.

I recently did this with MODOK, and there are a handful of other champs that appear to fall into a "void" (<--See what I did there) where they were released once but will now NOT be released a 2nd time as old 5* featureds (with a drop rate >4%) - they are being placed in the new 5* blended feature crystal (drop rate ~4%). That means I have a lower chance of getting the champ I want, and a higher chance of scarce resources being spent on champs that won't make my top teams. Further, I was saving for the blade re-release, and was planning to shoot for 5* featured MODOK with whatever I had left. With these changes, that collection-building strategy is eliminated. You've elected to release Blade a 2nd time, and the logic behind that seems to be that the community would be upset about not having a 2nd shot at him? It should come as no surprise then that I'd like the same opportunity to dupe MODOK (or others focused on Sentry, etc.).

Two requests:
    1) For that subset of champs that were released once as featured, please re-release them as a 5* featured again so I/we can attempt to dupe. THEN start releasing new featured champs with your new 5* blended feature.
    2) If you decide not to fulfill that first request, please state which champions will be included in the sub-featured pull for the Blade re-release (and % chance of getting MODOK, if included) so I can at least know how to maximize my odds of getting MODOK under the new way.

I generally don't think these changes are great, but they're made much worse by changing the "rules of the game" around 5* featureds that were previously released once. I spend a ton of money on this game and don't like surprises like this. Had I known these changes were coming, I'd have attempted to dupe MODOK during his first release (and saved less for Blade) but that wasn't communicated so I wasn't able to adjust my strategy. I'd welcome your feedback.
    @Kabam Miike Why not make a GOOD crystal that costs 20k that ONLY gives you a chance at 1 of 6 featured GOOD heroes? No increased chance, but an equal chance at a god tier champ. You could call it the...... GOD Tier crystal............. Just a thought, because this new one is to put it nicely..... Trash.

That would a) defeat the purpose of a random system, and b) end up being the only Crystal anyone opens.
  • I agree with some of the other post that 3 months is to long. Like they said 1 month would be an improvement. Rotate the new champs in each month. Still think they should offer 5* shards to be traded for units or GMC also for those that don't want to wait to try and get the newest champ. Maybe 15k shards for 10 GMC or the units equivalent as an example.