I can’t link my kabam account

zolt009zolt009 Member Posts: 5
edited September 4 in General Discussion
so ive contacted kabam multiple times about this but there’s been no help, my main account is linked to game center and not to a kabam account so i can’t link my kabam account without contacting support but since i made the account around 2016 using my mums email who has since passed and then stopped playing until a couple years ago so some of the questions i am required to answer are impossible for me to know i can answer most of the questions but since i can’t answer all i’ve always been denied the request. Surely there’s a way to verify it’s my account, my game center even has achievements from 2016 and i have full access to that game center still so that would prove i’ve had this account since then. I am missing out on loads more rewards and having to spend more money by not having access to the summoners market so hopefully there’s a way to resolve this.

Comments

• JLordVileJJLordVileJ Member Posts: 3,075 ★★★★
    Similar situation here. Nothing can be done now, but kabam are looking into this and are trying to find a way to help
  • FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Member Posts: 2,751 ★★★★★
    edited September 4
    The problem is that they can't take anyone on their word alone. You've presented some of the necessary evidence, but they require all of it. What if you bought the account and that's why you can't access it? You can't prove that you didn't buy it. What if you stole someone's login info? You can't prove that you didn't. That's why they have so many questions, to prove original ownership. In situations like this it sucks, but at the end of the day it helps protect the integrity of the game.

Not sure where your account is at or how attached you are to it, but if you stopped playing a couple years ago you could probably leapfrog your old account with a new one in a matter of a couple months. Then you can get it properly linked and start earning those rewards.
  • zolt009zolt009 Member Posts: 5

The problem is that they can't take anyone on their word alone. You've presented some of the necessary evidence, but they require all of it. What if you bought the account and that's why you can't access it? You can't prove that you didn't buy it. What if you stole someone's login info? You can't prove that you didn't. That's why they have so many questions, to prove original ownership. In situations like this it sucks, but at the end of the day it helps protect the integrity of the game.

Not sure where your account is at or how attached you are to it, but if you stopped playing a couple years ago you could probably leapfrog your old account with a new one in a matter of a couple months. Then you can get it properly linked and start earning those rewards.

i wouldn’t have access to the game center account that’s linked that has achievements dating back to 2016 if the account wasn’t mine to begin and i bought it. That alone proves i’ve had the account since then and i wouldn’t be able to give information like my first purchases since i can still check them. and if i made a new account it would realistically never overtake my main one given how far ahead it is.

Similar situation here. Nothing can be done now, but kabam are looking into this and are trying to find a way to help

if there’s rly nothing that can be done then that’s very unfortunate especially with all the big summoner market rewards coming up.
    zolt009 said:

if there’s rly nothing that can be done then that’s very unfortunate especially with all the big summoner market rewards coming up.
    Nothing will happen in time for upcoming deals but they are looking for a solution after that
    zolt009 said:

i wouldn’t have access to the game center account that’s linked that has achievements dating back to 2016 if the account wasn’t mine to begin and i bought it. That alone proves i’ve had the account since then and i wouldn’t be able to give information like my first purchases since i can still check them. and if i made a new account it would realistically never overtake my main one given how far ahead it is.
    I'm not arguing against the proof you have. Most everyone will agree that Kabam is a little too strict on this. However, at the end of the day if you can't satisfy everything they're asking it isn't going to matter. One strike and you're out unfortunately.

zolt009 said:

I'm not arguing against the proof you have. Most everyone will agree that Kabam is a little too strict on this. However, at the end of the day if you can't satisfy everything they're asking it isn't going to matter. One strike and you're out unfortunately.
    ye it’s a shame i didn’t think there’d be anything to fix it but wanted to ask anyway since it’s been so annoying.
  • WEAPON_HWEAPON_H Member Posts: 3
    I am in the same boat too. I left the game 2-3 years ago and Apple Game Center auto signs in and I cannot find the correct email I used for my account but can see all my 2019 dates :neutral: I was hoping to buy some webstore deals but wont be able to this time around it sounds. Here is to hoping they find a fair/additional way to proving ownership to just find out the email associated with an account. Best of luck to us all!
    edited September 5
    I'm crying so hard rn everyone is getting 7 star count n in global. @KabamDork @Kabam Crashed @Kabam Pinwheel any chance the rewards from webstore code could be directly deposited into my account as a one of? 😢

I'm crying so hard rn everyone is getting 7 star count n in global. @KabamDork @Kabam Crashed @Kabam Pinwheel any chance the rewards from webstore code could be directly deposited into my account as a one of? 😢

what he said
    Pretty please?
    edited September 6

You know what they say, what happens in global...never actually happened because everyone in there is a troll.