**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

5-Star Featured Crystal Change Discussion Thread

Comments

• LightvayneLightvayne Posts: 510 ★★★
    edited January 2018
    Current feature 5* has roughly a 20% chance to pull the feature. That’s what you’re missing.
    Where does it officially say that though? I’ve seen players say this, but I have yet to see an official word from Kabam that this is the case. Not to mentions I’ve seen some of these 5* featured pulls in the past. There was no way it was 20%
  • colbyscipio987colbyscipio987 Posts: 1,027 ★★
    Ace_03 wrote: »
    I seen SEATIN the youtuber discuss this and i agree with SEATIN. I dont agree with this new featured 5 star crystal.

Even Brian Grant is against this UNLESS:

As it stands, I'm not a fan of this change. But I'm hoping there is more to this update than we can see, and I would be all for this new system if it allowed Kabam to make the following game improvements:
    - More shards from AW
    - More shards from Alliance events
    - 5stars added to Arena

I justed watch his video this morning, but SEATIN had his out since yesterday. i wonder why i got flagged...
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    Dagonelle wrote: »
    So the new featured crystal is just a new version of the basic crystal that costs 5000 shards more?

What’s the point? The only way that the new featured crystal is better than the old one is if the old featured crystal had odds worse than 1 in 18 which is what the new one is. I’ve got to say I’m disappointed

The original Featured Hero Crystal had one purpose, and that was because it was originally the only chance you had at a 5-Star Champion, and potentially meant that the Champion would never come around again. This has changed, and that means that this Crystal has run its course.

5-Star Champions are coming to a place where they are now added to the regular Champion pool at the same consistency as other rarities.

Riiiiiiiggghhhtttt.....

And it has zero to do with Apple's new rule on disclosing rates in drop boxes...

Not really. The rate of the Featured has always been in favor of the Players. Estimated around 20%. Now it's about a 4% chance. There is no logic that supports the connection.

What’s your opinion on this?

To be honest, I'm still having coffee, digesting. I think it's a varied range of Champs in the pool. Better chances to Dup, which means more 6* Shards. If there are 6 Featured Champs in the Crystal, that's actually a 33.333...% chance at a Featured. That may lessen the chance of one specific Champ, which is why people may be upset, but I think it's time to even the chance. The Featured has had a higher probability for a long time. Personally I don't see anything objectionable. I don't agree that it's connected to Apple.

Edit: That's a 25% chance to pull a Featured. I was thinking there were 18 in the Crystal. Still more than we estimated. Just not for one specific Champ.

And a 4.166666 chance of getting the one you want...

I'm not complaining, just figured for clarity since everyone is talking about getting a specific champ

No, I get that that's the argument. It's just that I think the change is reasonable, as much as people aren't happy with it. The drop rate on the Featured has been too high. Which is why we have scores of new 5*s floating around to the demographic that has the Shards to roll it. It's only going to become more significant as newer Champs are added with newer Abilities. Let's face it. It's the only Crystal in the game that gave that high of a chance for one particular Champ. So I agree with it for their reasons and I agree with it for my own. It's a more fair rolling system. That means there's an equal chance at any particular Champ, and a better chance at a newer one. It yields more even distribution. I understand why people are upset, but I don't have to agree based on that fact. I'm pointing out the positive aspects and the chances. I don't need to point out the negative. There's enough of it in spades.
    Yeah this confirms that the lack of an update was due to Apple regs. This change is due to that. It is also due to the unbalancing of the game by Kabam. They have created so many useless champs and a handful of god like champs. The game is flooded with Stark Spideys and Blades because people can control who they get to an extent by saving shards. This change will help the whale alliances and Kabam. Now people will not be able to catch the whale alliances with high prestige champs unless they are bought via FGMC.

So the lack of the Update last December was because of Apple as well? Lol. No. It has nothing to do with Apple.
  • GargameshGargamesh Posts: 66
    I'm constantly surprised by what Kabam considers more important then debugging the friggin game...
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    Lightvayne wrote: »
    Current feature 5* has roughly a 20% chance to pull the feature. That’s what you’re missing.
    Where does it officially say that though? I’ve seen players say this, but I have yet to see an official word from Kabam that this is the case. Not to mentions I’ve seen some of these 5* featured pulls in the past. There was no way it was 20%

Lol, ok. Show me where they give us the drop rates on ANY crystal. Everything is consumer-sourced in this game, drop rates are no different.
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    I don't care what they do to blade as long as ghost rider is not involved.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    Just talked to the team, and they are comfortable with sharing the list of Champions we plan to include in the first Featured Champion Crystal. It's important to note that this list could still potentially change a little before the release, but the selected Champions are based on empirical data showing their effectiveness as 5-Star Champions in both Alliance Quests and Alliance Wars.

Beast
    Storm
    Cable
    Cyclops (New Xavier School)
    Thor (Ragnarok)
    Taskmaster

Agent Venom
    Hawkeye
    Modok
    Sentry
    Void

Ant-Man
    Mordo
    Thor (Jane Foster)
    Loki
    Juggernaut
    Hela
    Phoenix
    Ronan
    Venompool
    Nebula
    Punisher (2099)
    Civil Warrior
    Doctor Octopus

Bold Text denotes Featured Champions.

Garbage.
  • LightvayneLightvayne Posts: 510 ★★★
    Cable wrote: »
    So what are the odds of pulling the 5* featured champ in the FGMC that you purchase for 300 units?

@Kabam Miike shouldn’t this Statistic be released to players so that Kabam is in compliance with Apple AppStore regulations?

I think someone brought it up that technically no they don’t have too. You dont usually by crystals {loot boxes) with money, you buy them with units. Kinda of a loophole there I guess.
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    edited January 2018
    I recommend you guys that do not like the pool to save as many as you can for the next one it cannot get worse than this one. It is also obvious that these ignorant people will not change their mind about this idea.
    Look at the bright side 3 months to save...
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,277 ★★★★★
    Cable wrote: »
    So what are the odds of pulling the 5* featured champ in the FGMC that you purchase for 300 units?

@Kabam Miike shouldn’t this Statistic be released to players so that Kabam is in compliance with Apple AppStore regulations?

I think someone brought it up that technically no they don’t have too. You dont usually by crystals {loot boxes) with money, you buy them with units. Kinda of a loophole there I guess.
    Playing games with App Store requirements is a fast track to getting your app pulled.

Lol, ok. Show me where they give us the drop rates on ANY crystal. Everything is consumer-sourced in this game, drop rates are no different.

I think people are pointing to this:
    Kabam Miike wrote: »
    » show previous quotes

I knew this would come up! No, this is not the case. We've planned this for a little while, and to be fair, players have been Community Sourcing drop rates on the 5-Star Featured Hero Crystal for quite some time, and they have always been consistent.

Except consistent doesn’t mean accurate, iirc.
  • ThatweirdguyThatweirdguy Posts: 675 ★★★
    Yeah this confirms that the lack of an update was due to Apple regs. This change is due to that. It is also due to the unbalancing of the game by Kabam. They have created so many useless champs and a handful of god like champs. The game is flooded with Stark Spideys and Blades because people can control who they get to an extent by saving shards. This change will help the whale alliances and Kabam. Now people will not be able to catch the whale alliances with high prestige champs unless they are bought via FGMC.

So the lack of the Update last December was because of Apple as well? Lol. No. It has nothing to do with Apple.

You don't know that. You can't say it isn't unusual. I think they've done it once before. The Taskmaster load screen during the Sentry event is part of the game design?

I really ought not to respond to you since your life is trolling this forum. I don't like to feed trolls. All you do is disagree with everyone and defend Kabam. Do they give you a PHC for every 10 of your troll posts? Please be honest and tell the truth for once.
  • colbyscipio987colbyscipio987 Posts: 1,027 ★★
    Isn't their a 20-25% chance to get a featured right? so there are 6 featured champions, so that means 6*20%= 120% right so i should get a featured champ every time i open one. Am I right or am i right? (sarcasm)
  • TempestTempest Posts: 295

@Lightvayne nowhere official, but this chance was approximated from surveys with fairly large data sets. I want to say it was ~25% from the surveys but accounting for reporting bias, around 20%. It's not a fixed number, just an estimated one, but I think it's clear that it is not an equal chance where it's 1/<number of champs in the crystal>.

You don't know that. You can't say it isn't unusual. I think they've done it once before. The Taskmaster load screen during the Sentry event is part of the game design?

I really ought not to respond to you since your life is trolling this forum. I don't like to feed trolls. All you do is disagree with everyone and defend Kabam. Do they give you a PHC for every 10 of your troll posts? Please be honest and tell the truth for once.

I'm not trolling at all. When someone comments unfounded conspiracy, I'm going to refute it.
    They did it last year as well. Which was also pointed out by a Moderator. The Update we are currently running was prepared for download with all the data needed for both months in the Build. The announcement about Apple came after we already had it installed. Do you suppose they had a Ouija Board?
  • LurkerLurker Posts: 196
    We summoners did this to ourselves. We showed kabam that we would drop big $$$ on FGMC if we couldn't get him (Blade) out of the featured 5* crystal.
  • many things need to happen

1: increase 5 shards gained from war to offset

2: lower it from 3 months to monthly

3: no champ can re enter the crystal until everyone has been in it once ( this is to stop them re adding trash like they love to do )

4: remove phc from majority of milestones

5: is the drop rate in the 10k same % as every other character

6: 10k becomes 7500k and 15k becomes 10k

7: player voted system maybe for champs

8: lower sub pool of generic to 6 ... gives a 50% chance to pull a featured - 6 featured 6 sub par

as quite frankly to release content that people can't own or use for 3 months unless they drop serious money shows just how money orienated this company has become and how removed they are from there playerbase...

would love a response mods thx

I'm not trolling at all. When someone comments unfounded conspiracy, I'm going to refute it.
    They did it last year as well. Which was also pointed out by a Moderator. The Update we are currently running was prepared for download with all the data needed for both months in the Build. The announcement about Apple came after we already had it installed. Do you suppose they had a Ouija Board?

No they were caught by surprise and had their programmers adjust and compensate to get it live without an update. And it happening once before is not evidence of a standard procedure...quite the contrary. How many PHC do you earn a day from trolling? Is just shards or full PHC they give you?

Apparently you don't understand how it works. There is a reason we have a Build released every month just before the Monthly Quest. There is a reason we can't access it without updating. They don't just make it go live. The actual data for the EQ is in the Build. The Rewards and the RNG is what's server-side. You can add to the suspicion by posing suspicious questions, but that doesn't change the fact that they do the same thing every year around the holidays.
    I'm not addressing the personal insults so you might as well stop with it. Implying people are paid shills is against the rules, incase you're not aware.
  • Bryan_85Bryan_85 Posts: 43
    Nobody wants this **** of a change. 4.2% is horrifying odds when spending hard earned five star shards. Leave the featured hero crystal alone please!
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    bradshaw84 wrote: »
    Beast, Jane foster, Cyclops, Ronan, Loki, Phoenix, Venompool, civil warrior, ant man amongst the 18 best and most used in aq and aw? GTFOH! LMAO!
    Just talked to the team, and they are comfortable with sharing the list of Champions we plan to include in the first Featured Champion Crystal. It's important to note that this list could still potentially change a little before the release, but the selected Champions are based on empirical data showing their effectiveness as 5-Star Champions in both Alliance Quests and Alliance Wars.

Beast
    Storm
    Cable
    Cyclops (New Xavier School)
    Thor (Ragnarok)
    Taskmaster

Agent Venom
    Hawkeye
    Modok
    Sentry
    Void

Ant-Man
    Mordo
    Thor (Jane Foster)
    Loki
    Juggernaut
    Hela
    Phoenix
    Ronan
    Venompool
    Nebula
    Punisher (2099)
    Civil Warrior
    Doctor Octopus

Bold Text denotes Featured Champions.

I didn't say most used, but they are among the most effective. Cyclops actually scores very high on this list. There is a smaller group of players that use him, but they use him VERY effectively.

Honest question: is this a joke? Or are you basing this off of tier 7 and 8 allies that ran map 3 and so they never faced a cyclops in aq last season? Thre are only two scenarios I can come up with on how you can say cyclops scores “very high” for being “most effective on this list.”:

1. You are looking at tier 8 and below players who are not very good and can’t dodge projectiles. Yep, in that scenario, a 5* cyclops may be okay—especially if he’s on an unblockable l1 tile. Against anyone who has any remote skill in this game, cyclops is garbage. And he serves almost no attack usefulness besides synergy for LOL.

2. You are utilizing the “THIS list” very literally. Yes. Cyclops probably is one of the most effective on “THIS LIST.” This list has a bunch of garbage champs. I’m sure he is a more effective attacker than ant man or Phoenix. That’s not bc cyclops is good. It’s bc the other choices aren’t good.

Finally, I would LOVE to know who this “smaller group of players” are that “use him VERY effectively.” Are they newbies that only have a house between cyclops and spider Gwen on their roster? If there is this mythical player that uses cyclops “VERY effectively” and by that I mean actually chooses to use cyclops in war or aq over other champs, please, let us know.
  • RSoxNo1RSoxNo1 Posts: 43
    People earn their Shards the same way, with the exception of a few Offers. How they spend them is really not that consequential. I don't believe it's possible that NO ONE will buy it. However, I don't think it makes a difference to them whether you purchase a Basic or a Featured.

Your absolutely right. They don't care what you spend your shards on, only that you spend your units and money on the featured grandmaster crystals.

I can't say that that's accurate either. We don't know the rates of those Crystals, but I suspect that landing a Featured 5* would be less than 4%.

Your once again missing the point. They don't care what your chances are. If you buy the FGMC there is a 100% chance of 1 thing....increasing their profits.

They may be a business, but that doesn't mean every change is for the sole purpose of extracting money.

The "Kabam is a business" argument is one that permeates any fan forum of any company. We all get it, you're not adding anything to the conversation. The thing is with this, I don't even see this as a business decision. I see this in the same way the 12.0 info came down. These seem like bad ideas for business. They may be motivated by increasing sales but it doesn't mean it was well thought out.
  • DiablosUltimateDiablosUltimate Posts: 1,021 ★★★
    What a blast to start 2018 with! I hope after releasing Sentry and then announcing this crystals, you still have some jokes left for april 1st? Coz that will be hard to beat.
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    Grimmbear wrote: »
    I mean this in the worst of ways. Your team is deluded. In what universe are those champs even semi useful? Tier 20? There is NOBODY in any decent ally using 90% of those champs anywhere but defense (and only a couple for that) let alone **** attack or aq. They are NOT top options. Not a single one is god tier. Pathetic. Open your eyes.

If you are not a fan of the Champions in the Crystal, you can always wait until the Featured Champion you like is added to the Basic Pool, like the 3-Star and 4-Star Champions.

Also, nobody said they are the top Champions, and while player perception of these Champions may differ, these Champions are ones that people use to great success.

Yep. I bet there are a ton of people using ant man to “great success.”

If you are a person using ant man to “great success,” please, let us know.
  • AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    I would be interested in knowing from what time-frame their data was pulled. Since game began? Since Diversity was implemented in Wars? Start of AQ season 4? As well as from what tiers of players most of the data originated (I imagine the more numerous lower tiers). As many have said, the higher up in tier you go, the fewer of most of those champions you see, and ones you do see tend to be more for diversity points rather than effectiveness.
    I suppose we will see, in April, if their data changes to produce a better quality Feature Crystal. Or if shards start falling out of the sky to the point that throwing 15k at one of these is much less of a big deal than as currently stands.
  • lordmarsh09lordmarsh09 Posts: 63
    @Kabam Miike
    This may seem like it will drive Grandmaster Crystal sales. But the whales can only provide so much with those. The main points of interest for the whole community were 5 star shard offers or the spending of money for hard quest to get 5 star shards. People won't be going for the shards anymore as the featured crystals aren't worth it anymore.

I see the 5 star featured coming back after short testing.
  • VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    #RipCAMPITIONthread

A 5 star special featured Campition crystal might help soothe the community.