**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

5-Star Featured Crystal Change Discussion Thread

Comments

• Nexus_UY_ScutiNexus_UY_Scuti Posts: 480 ★★
    Just talked to the team, and they are comfortable with sharing the list of Champions we plan to include in the first Featured Champion Crystal. It's important to note that this list could still potentially change a little before the release, but the selected Champions are based on empirical data showing their effectiveness as 5-Star Champions in both Alliance Quests and Alliance Wars.

Beast
    Storm
    Cable
    Cyclops (New Xavier School)
    Thor (Ragnarok)
    Taskmaster

Agent Venom
    Hawkeye
    Modok
    Sentry
    Void

Ant-Man
    Mordo
    Thor (Jane Foster)
    Loki
    Juggernaut
    Hela
    Phoenix
    Ronan
    Venompool
    Nebula
    Punisher (2099)
    Civil Warrior
    Doctor Octopus

Bold Text denotes Featured Champions.

One question, how does emperical data indicate AW and AQ effectiveness?

I thought by now Kabam would have realized that emperical data means squat when it comes to AW and AQ, you need players to test out the champs because obviously your data are full of loopholes like Loki-Hela synergy, GP infinite heavy, Kang's infinite stun lock etc.

• JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    Player1994 wrote: »
    if we won't be able to get a featured champ with this crystal ? then why it will cost us 15k shards ? basically it's becoming a normal crystal pool means having to wait months and months to pull a luke cage

You will be able to get them. The chance of one specific Feature will be less, but the chance of a Feature in general will be more.

How when miike stated that it a 4% chance an that the feature has the same odds as the basic champs in the crystal
  • ThatweirdguyThatweirdguy Posts: 675 ★★★
    @Kabam Miike
    This may seem like it will drive Grandmaster Crystal sales. But the whales can only provide so much with those. The main points of interest for the whole community were 5 star shard offers or the spending of money for hard quest to get 5 star shards. People won't be going for the shards anymore as the featured crystals aren't worth it anymore.

I see the 5 star featured coming back after short testing.

Sadly I think you are incorrect. It is likely that 80% of their income comes from 20% of the player base. That 20% will be buying odin after odin's worth of FGMC. The game used to function this way in the past. The difference is that there is no 5* arena so the only way to get the champ immediately at 5* level is by purchasing FGMC.

The interesting question is how Kabam is going work around the Apple requirements as to disclosing drop rates on FGMC.
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    Seatins new video sees pretty legit. What do you think of seatins new video about this annoucement @Kabam Miike ? It seems pretty accurate.
    edited January 2018
    I don't understand why for 5000 MORE shards you get a chance at all of these bad champions. Whereas the 10k has much more better choices. At least improve the pool guys.
  • ApacheApache Posts: 558 ★★
    As if you guys didn’t make enough from the gmc’s
  • colbyscipio987colbyscipio987 Posts: 1,027 ★★
    Apache wrote: »
    As if you guys didn’t make enough from the gmc’s

Some people dont have the uncollected title and don't get 5 stars and this will make things a lot more harder
  • CosminnCosminn Posts: 17
    I recently had to take unduped Hulk to Rank4 because I had expiring T2 Alpha. So that being said, i've seen the drop rates and what 'luck' means. I would like to see the 5* arena released, so I can make my own 'luck' !
  • MuncelMuncel Posts: 7
    edited January 2018
    How did Kabam come up with that list of champions that seem mediocre overall? Who is using Void or Sentry in AW or AQ -- they've been available for less than two weeks and have an established track record with empirical data? I feel like I'm playing a different game than everyone else. I see a lot of Magik, Crossbones, Voodoo, Captain America, Captain Marvel, Hulk, Winter Soldier, Iceman, Archangel, Starlord used in AQ and AW. This list seems like the result of some undisclosed back-room proprietary or licensing agreements. Or is it perhaps pure marketing, with just enough to keep people interested until the next time?
  • LiquidButtLiquidButt Posts: 135
    bradshaw84 wrote: »

That's hilarious. But omg the irony of Seatin complaining about chances of pulling featured champions.

Because its bad business for him...he makes money on people watching 5s Featured pulls and other similar type videos.
  • LiquidButtLiquidButt Posts: 135
    Muncel wrote: »
    How did Kabam come up with that list of champions that seem mediocre overall? Who is using Void or Sentry in AW or AQ -- they've been available for less than two weeks and have an established track record with empirical data? I feel like I'm playing a different game than everyone else. I see a lot of Voodoo, Captain America, Captain Marvel, Hulk, Winter Soldier, Iceman, Archangel, Starlord used in AQ and AW. This list seems like the result of some undisclosed back-room proprietary or licensing agreements. Or is it perhaps pure marketing, with just enough to keep people interested until the next time?

Not defending Kabam here but did you read the post? Sentry and Void are in it because they are part of the 6 FEATURED champs since they are new...
  • FPC3FPC3 Posts: 144 ★★
    Based on the speed at which 5* shards come in, I will never spend 15k 5* shards on the new crystal. Perhaps if they changed the prices on both the Basic 5* and this new one, I'd consider it. Like if the new one was 10K, and they reduced the cost of the Basic to 7500 shards or something, but 15k for that? No thanks.
    LiquidButt wrote: »
    Muncel wrote: »
    How did Kabam come up with that list of champions that seem mediocre overall? Who is using Void or Sentry in AW or AQ -- they've been available for less than two weeks and have an established track record with empirical data? I feel like I'm playing a different game than everyone else. I see a lot of Voodoo, Captain America, Captain Marvel, Hulk, Winter Soldier, Iceman, Archangel, Starlord used in AQ and AW. This list seems like the result of some undisclosed back-room proprietary or licensing agreements. Or is it perhaps pure marketing, with just enough to keep people interested until the next time?

Not defending Kabam here but did you read the post? Sentry and Void are in it because they are part of the 6 FEATURED champs since they are new...

So remove those and my point still stands.
    How did Kabam come up with that list of champions that seem mediocre overall? I feel like I'm playing a different game than everyone else. I see a lot of Voodoo, Captain America, Captain Marvel, Hulk, Winter Soldier, Iceman, Archangel, Starlord used in AQ and AW. This list seems like the result of some undisclosed back-room proprietary or licensing agreements. Or is it perhaps pure marketing, with just enough to keep people interested until the next time?

(edited)
    edited January 2018
    You guys reading and editing our comments does this mean you won't go ahead with this terrible idea?
  • Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    I've seen some good points magically disappear in the last few hours from this thread. That's too bad.

I was hoping that after 600 plus responses (97% against this travesty) in less than 24 hours, there would be some sort of response. Instead, they are "cleaning up" the thread by removing some valid points in places.

I will assume that this post also may be "cleaned up", so for the few of you who get to read it, good luck.
  • Armaganon00Armaganon00 Posts: 741 ★★
    This is a horrible plan.. now we will only get ****.
  • ddarkstarrddarkstarr Posts: 6
    edited January 2018
    :p
    edited January 2018
    You see kabam so many amazing suggestions from your fans and you don't want to take back this announcement come on. It is so cool how many supporters you have yet you still do things to annoy us.
    Most companies would want to know how kabam gets this many followers on their mobile game.
  • SharopdhsuSharopdhsu Posts: 9
    Quick question. Like you have emphasized and stated. Everyone is saving up for blade. Half the people i know will have 5+ attempts at him. Considering how many people will end up with him, has kabam in any way altered the drop rate for the final blade crystal? Or is it the same as before