AI is able to bait relic intercepts, read inputs, and skip frames now?

SeyuohSeyuoh Member Posts: 153 ★★
AI playing abnormally passive I can deal with, even when they just never throw a special and then hit you with an SP3. It’s annoying but I’m used to it, having played this game for 9 years.
But AI being able to skip frames, and read inputs, then bait relics due to that? That’s far too much.

I just lost a BG’s match solely because their R3 duped shocker- dashed forward and then immediately dashed back mid striker being called in; so I lost my follow up combo to win me the match. This whole AI thing, is really starting to get out of hand. I know you said you’re working on it Kabam, but can we at least get some kind of soft patch or something; because this is starting to get borderline unplayable.

Comments

• BeastDadBeastDad Member Posts: 1,867 ★★★★★
    BigBlueOx said:

BeastDad said:

The ability to dex strikers is getting out of hand.

It’s been this way for 9+ months now… I’m giving up hope that AI “bullet-time” will ever be addressed
    It was bad early on, it is every time now. Reminds me of Max Payne on PS...
  • MalchaeisMalchaeis Member Posts: 226 ★★
    I know they've recently done a study involving people's perception of real life "frame rates". Some people can perceive more frames per second and have faster reaction times. Gives an edge in sports and competitive gaming. I wonder if Kabam has inadvertently pushed the AI's reaction time above this threshold in the harder content. Making it harder to intercept or react after your sp3 etc. That's why there could be a gap between the ones that say that was easy and the ones who say the fight was hard cause of lag and their inputs weren't reacting fast enough. Obviously more studies are needed on the subject, but I just found it interesting. Could probably put this topic under its own thread.
  • TheshadowTheshadow Member Posts: 199
    I have been telling that defenders can parry stun relics too. It has happened to me three times but still have no evidence cause it is so random and rare I cant possibly record the 30 bg matches that I play everyday.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Member Posts: 13,992 ★★★★★
    Read inputs was always a thing. Now more than ever, even champion especific like Cassie Lang for example
  • OrtounOrtoun Member Posts: 813 ★★★★
    BeastDad said:

Or you throw it at the end of the combo and they somehow manage to start blocking it.
  • BeastDadBeastDad Member Posts: 1,867 ★★★★★
    Ortoun said:

BeastDad said:

Or you throw it at the end of the combo and they somehow manage to start blocking it.
    Working as intended...
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 7,148 ★★★★★
    #FunAndInteractive
  • SeyuohSeyuoh Member Posts: 153 ★★

Read inputs was always a thing. Now more than ever, even champion especific like Cassie Lang for example

About a month or two ago, I took Cassie lang to R4 and max sigged her. I figured “why not” She’s a great champ, has some awesome utility, and decent damage. Plus, she’s super fun to play.
    Not anymore. Every single time you try and charge your heavy to force the opponent to miss, they literally always just either wait out until you’re passively stunned, or they hit you right after you launch your heavy all the way. It’s just a wild state of the game at the moment.
    Which really sucks because honestly, might be one of the best times for players- especially valiants in terms of rewards and being rewarded for time played.
    This whole AI issue kinda just kills that whole vibe, at least a little bit.
  • MavRCK_MavRCK_ Member Posts: 511 ★★★
    Kabam messed up the camera perspective which is affecting hit boxes and timings.

Ffs.

Gawd wish someone had Sf2 or VF or any other fighting game experience to explain this to them