So, Spider Punk is getting a damage bump..

EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,417 ★★★★★
I’m wondering how they’re planning to buff his damage. Perhaps give him some Fury passives? Increase rupture potency/duration? Faster ramp up?

Comments

• EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,417 ★★★★★
    Beewee said:

Probably make his sp1 actually do something damage wise. Rn it doesnt

I thought you use it right after you apply the ruptures
  • FrostGiantLordFrostGiantLord Member Posts: 1,971 ★★★★
    Great to hear Spider Punk is getting a damage buff. I really love his kit right now, and the damage is honestly my main gripe with this champion. Hopefully the balancing team cooks with this one 🔥

Great to hear Spider Punk is getting a damage buff. I really love his kit right now, and the damage is honestly my main gripe with this champion. Hopefully the balancing team cooks with this one 🔥

Let’s hope he doesn’t become like Sandman or Dani post buff lol, fingers crossed
    edited September 20

A little disappointed they didn't change prowelers incenerate into something else, But spunk getting a update is great. He has great utility.

I wish nega also gets a buff

I’m guessing they didn’t want to make him that powerful. Also if Punk is getting a damage bump, Negasonic possibly could
  • EakomoEakomo Member Posts: 88
    untill when we see the actual damage buff for punk i'm just going to leave my new 7* punk to sit at r1 for longer
    Eakomo said:

untill when we see the actual damage buff for punk i'm just going to leave my new 7* punk to sit at r1 for longer

I'm wondering if they will make him stronger unduped, or will he still need the dupe
  • LokxLokx Member Posts: 1,239 ★★★★
    I’m just happy they’ve considered it because spiderpunk looks extremely fun, from animation, sp2 mini game mechanic and overall playstyle looks like cool. If the spider punk buff makes him a great overall champ, he’ll easily become my favourite spider verse champ.
  • WednesdayLengthWednesdayLength Member Posts: 1,136 ★★★
    I'd be shocked if they didn't change the sp1 damage being based on remaining rupture duration. I've tried him a lot and never managed to get an sp1 off before the ruptures are just about to expire so it's basically not worth it
  • OrtounOrtoun Member Posts: 783 ★★★

I'd be shocked if they didn't change the sp1 damage being based on remaining rupture duration. I've tried him a lot and never managed to get an sp1 off before the ruptures are just about to expire so it's basically not worth it

Maybe a refresh on heavy knockdown for the ruptures, or to mix it up, since heavy refreshes the vulnerability, make intercept refresh the ruptures.
    Trappy just uploaded a Spider Punk video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suM0D5qr-cg

Maybe they should change it to have the damage based on how long the ruptures last for. Like if the rupture lasts a full 5 seconds for example, the sp1 does more burst damage
  • Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,381 ★★★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

Trappy just uploaded a Spider Punk video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suM0D5qr-cg

I’ve never disagreed more with him calling his utility bad lmao. His utility is great
    EdisonLaw said:

Maybe they should change it to have the damage based on how long the ruptures last for. Like if the rupture lasts a full 5 seconds for example, the sp1 does more burst damage
    That could work
    Ortoun said:

Maybe a refresh on heavy knockdown for the ruptures, or to mix it up, since heavy refreshes the vulnerability, make intercept refresh the ruptures.
    Eh, not everyone needs a refresh. He just needs slightly longer duration, maybe based on crowd, and more damage whether that's from getting rid of the rupture duration clause, boosting the sp1 damage or maybe pausing them briefly when he intercepts
  • OrtounOrtoun Member Posts: 783 ★★★

Ortoun said:

Eh, not everyone needs a refresh. He just needs slightly longer duration, maybe based on crowd, and more damage whether that's from getting rid of the rupture duration clause, boosting the sp1 damage or maybe pausing them briefly when he intercepts
    Pause works almost as well. I would be hesitant to tie duration to crowd as well, since it is already tied to potency. I brought up refresh since he already has it for his vulnerability as part of his kit, so it's not unthinkable to make it refresh all debuffs like war machine does (admittedly with a cool down) or to tie it into the other key mechanic of his kit, intercepting.