Battlegrounds + Matchmaking

This is my first post on here and usually isn’t something I’d have an answer opinion on, however 90% of battleground matches I am matching with, are well to be honest, not fair one bit.

Constantly being matched against players with say, 10-15 7* R3’s against someone who doesn’t have 1 R3, is not enjoyable. I get that some people spend a ton of dollar and that’s cool, but there must be something that can allow for fairer matchmaking. I enjoy BG’s a lot but I can’t bring myself to touch it right now, because it’s just the same. Would be cool to discuss and chat about people’s opinions (from all Ranks and see what people all think together)

Sound peeps, and GL!

Comments

• AtzeKrankAtzeKrank Member Posts: 141
    edited October 4
    It's the same discussion for each season over and over and over again.

This season is a bit different because of the Realm event and a piece for a deathless Champs. So more people are playing this content.
  • Adri5846Adri5846 Member Posts: 57
    Jamin6892 said:

This is my first post on here and usually isn’t something I’d have an answer opinion on, however 90% of battleground matches I am matching with, are well to be honest, not fair one bit.

Constantly being matched against players with say, 10-15 7* R3’s against someone who doesn’t have 1 R3, is not enjoyable. I get that some people spend a ton of dollar and that’s cool, but there must be something that can allow for fairer matchmaking. I enjoy BG’s a lot but I can’t bring myself to touch it right now, because it’s just the same. Would be cool to discuss and chat about people’s opinions (from all Ranks and see what people all think together)

Sound peeps, and GL!

Wair some days and the bigger roters will reach CG and the VT would be more easy for you.
  • Jamin6892Jamin6892 Member Posts: 2
    AtzeKrank said:

It's the same discussion for each season over and over and over again.

This season is a bit different because of the Realm event and a piece for a deathless Champs. So more people are playing this content.

Ahhh I see.. I didn’t really know it had been a constant discussion every season if I’m honest, I’d only ever seen comments about the Battlegrounds store but that’s fair enough!

Yeah, the realm event is definitely a good incentive for people to play BG’s and the rewards for this compared to the crystal opening game ones are much more tasty so I can see why the player base for BG’s will rocket!

• FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Member Posts: 3,086 ★★★★★
    Everyone is going after the same rewards, so the only fair way to do matchmaking is for everyone to have a chance to play each other.
    They used to match players up by deck strength, but that resulted in players sandbagging to get easy matchups.
    Then they tried to do it by profile strength, but that gave smaller accounts an easier climb to the top.
    Now it is done by tier - if you're in gold 3, you can face anyone else in gold 3. Could be an uncollected account, could be end game valiant. It all depends on who is playing when you're playing.
    The matchmaking today is the fairest it has been and the fairest it will be so long as there is one place to earn rewards.
  • Asher1_1Asher1_1 Member Posts: 435 ★★
    I am starting to dislike BGs 🤷 for this same reason . There will be offer soon & the gap will keep on growing

Everyone is going after the same rewards, so the only fair way to do matchmaking is for everyone to have a chance to play each other.
    They used to match players up by deck strength, but that resulted in players sandbagging to get easy matchups.
    Then they tried to do it by profile strength, but that gave smaller accounts an easier climb to the top.
    Now it is done by tier - if you're in gold 3, you can face anyone else in gold 3. Could be an uncollected account, could be end game valiant. It all depends on who is playing when you're playing.
    The matchmaking today is the fairest it has been and the fairest it will be so long as there is one place to earn rewards.

It's not fairest it's just favor the big account that's it.u can't call it fair 😂.
  • IlociaMIlociaM Member Posts: 123
    There is not any match making if the stronger account in game decides to farm uncollected players on bronze they can
  • WinterFieldsWinterFields Member Posts: 778 ★★★★
    IlociaM said:

There is not any match making if the stronger account in game decides to farm uncollected players on bronze they can

With the medal changes, point farmers now have to lose two matches for every one they win. I'd be curious to see if that would cause more smaller accounts to advance
  • MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Member Posts: 4,936 ★★★★★
    IlociaM said:

You can’t really farm in bronze, one win there and you progress
    Asher1_1 said:

It's not fairest it's just favor the big account that's it.u can't call it fair 😂.
    So you believe that you deserve easier access to the highest level rewards?
  • PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,160 ★★★★★
    Wait 2 days, whales will move up.
  • dr2wsdr2ws Member Posts: 70
    PT_99 said:

Wait 2 days, whales will move up.

This is what I do, I do a few energy matches but never use elders marks.

Asher1_1 said:

Higher level ?? Are u living under a rock ?? The rewards didn't change the accounts got bigger.
    so 2-3 months back u could get same rewards but easier compared to now it's harder not because high reward but account got bigger with there spending 💰💰
    edited October 4
    Asher1_1 said:

Asher1_1 said:

Higher level ?? Are u living under a rock ?? The rewards didn't change the accounts got bigger.
    so 2-3 months back u could get same rewards but easier compared to now it's harder not because high reward but account got bigger with there spending 💰💰
    Sorry, where did I say "higher level"? I said highest level. The highest level rewards possible to get. If the top accounts are going for those rewards, and the lower level accounts are going for those rewards (whether they will get them or not), then the fairest option is for lower level accounts to eventually have to face the higher level accounts at some point as they progress toward increasing levels of rewards.
    Once upon a time UC accounts were getting into the GC because they had an easy road only through other UC accounts while Paragon accounts were left outside because they only faced each other, which is objectively more difficult. Why would the UC players deserve those rewards over Paragon players if they never had to face them? That's why they changed matchmaking to what it is today.