**UPDATE - iPAD STUCK FLICKERING SCREEN**
The 47.0.1 hotfix to address the issue of freezing & flashing lights on loading screens when trying to enter a fight, along with other smaller issues, is now ready to be downloaded through the App Store on IOS.
More information here.

Kabam Support is the worst - Battlegrounds

UnohonchoUnohoncho Member Posts: 4
Thought I'd share the debacle I'm having with Kabam support presently about the totally ridiculous match ups I get in BG... all I want is fairer match ups I.e. match me to within a tolerance of another opponents total hero rating in their battle deck so if my deck is 200k, match me with someone who is +/- hero rating say 10% I.e. 170k or 230k...

NOT matching me with 600k+ battle deck opponents who I have no hope ever of defeating.... I probably average losing 4/5 matches and those I win are more often than not their players' forefitting the match.

What Kabam have said is "Thank you for contacting Kabam Support. I understand that you are concerned about being matched against stronger opponents in Battlegrounds.

I wanted to share with you that the matchmaking system lets players find opponents from any Summoner that is actively looking for opponents to fight. When you start looking for a match, the system tries to find a Summoner that has a Division close to your Summoner's Division. The system's search will expand if it cannot find a Summoner with a Division that is close to your Summoner's Division. In that situation, the system will match you with any Summoner that is searching for opponents, even if that Summoner's Division is not similar to your Summoner's Division. This means that you may encounter a Summoner that is stronger or weaker than you, and the opponents you face in Battlegrounds depend on which Summoner is matchmaking at the time that you are"

How lame is that? Anyways, Kabam support are all like 'thank for your feedback' and do nothing... all the valid points I'm spending the time to make them aware of they just make out they'll 'pass the feedback on' - really awful, customer support... I'm practically ready to give up the game and delete my account so I don't ever bother to reinstall it.

So, my request to all your frustrated players is 'log a support request with Kabam' venting your frustrations about battlegrounds and their stupid matching rules', maybe they'll listen if more people complain?

https://help.kabamsupport.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Comments

• shield311shield311 Member Posts: 525 ★★★
    edited October 12
    If your rating is 200k then become thronebreaker first bgs isn't for you
  • FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Member Posts: 3,286 ★★★★★
    They're not going to change matchmaking. It is the fairest it can be. If you wanna start a conversation about low tier BGs with rewards that you will certainly complain about, then that's a better conversation to start.
    You aren't entitled to these rewards. If you want them, you've got to earn them.
  • UnohonchoUnohoncho Member Posts: 4
    So basically it favours the strongest players out there instead of being fair to all... Which is the point I'm trying to make Kabam understand that they appear to be purposely ignoring
  • UnohonchoUnohoncho Member Posts: 4

They're not going to change matchmaking. It is the fairest it can be. If you wanna start a conversation about low tier BGs with rewards that you will certainly complain about, then that's a better conversation to start.
    You aren't entitled to these rewards. If you want them, you've got to earn them.

It's not about entitlement, did you actually read what I wrote you clown?

If I lose 4/5 matches because I am hopelessly mismatched then how can I earn the rewards? Skill is skill, but mismatching wrecks everything
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,561 ★★★★★
    If you want to match with someone with similar roster you'll end up getting only 5* shards is it okay for you?
  • FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Member Posts: 3,286 ★★★★★
    edited October 12
    Unohoncho said:

Your argument is laughable at best... so flipping the BG configuration so Paragon can play UC with a 5 x rating rosta is completely fair compare to the former because Paragon play more and pay money? I pay money, so I feel even more chested that I get such ridiculous match ups

The answer is simple, 'Tier' the rewards and UC gets UC, Paragon gets Paragon and winning is down to skill, not down to the fact your rosta is 5 x the strength and Paragon players clean up easily and reap the rewards at the expense of UC players getting unfairly smashed every time

You can't convince me otherwise, so don't waste your energy

I live in the US. I am fully aware that anyone entrenched in a certain ideology, no matter how absurd or incorrect, is often unwilling (though not unable) to change their mind no matter the argument against because of pride and stubbornness.

No, the configuration is anyone can face anyone in their tier searching for a match at the same time as they are. It is not pitting certain account levels against others. That's getting into some foil hat territory.
    Simple fact is that more high level accounts plat than low level accounts. Is that to some degree due to the current matchmaking? There's fair argument to say that it is. But not all content is meant for all players. BGs is meant to be the highest level of player vs player content in the game, which Kabam has allowed lower accounts to experience and enjoy some of the rewards from. Let's also consider the wait times you would have by dividing players like this. Paragon and Valiant would probably still see matches in 10-15 seconds in VT while TB and lower would probably see wait times upwards of a minute, if not multiple minutes. Would you want that?
    If your roster caps you at a certain tier, then you've hit your "reward tier". The difference in actually tiering rewards like you're asking is that you would then have a cap that you couldn't push past. In the current state, you have no cap outside of your roster and skill, which in every single case will allow you more rewards than any tiered system will get you. You will just trade one complaint for another and then we will return to the same discussion, just from a different viewpoint.
  • Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Member Posts: 2,288 ★★★★★
    This is why we need an unranked bgs mode with prestige based matchmaking that grants either no rewards and no cost or has a cost but gives like 1/2 of the solo points per win/loss. Just to serve as an option for fair matchmaking without competing for the same rewards.
  • BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,782 ★★★★★
    Did you just make a post about an automated response?
  • Mickey_the_dark_69Mickey_the_dark_69 Member Posts: 2
    Yohoo Thieves and Beggars
  • Noobmaster555Noobmaster555 Member Posts: 97

Now you know the reason if support is late for you. Because people like op are using for this. I feel pity for that support staff.

Remember when that clown made support give him the aq score of everyone in his alliance each week for years, because he was too lazy to track it himself. Finally one of the support staff said no, so he made a thread to complain about it. Then kabaam saw the thread and told all support to never waste time doing stuff like that again.
    I totally remember that. 😂 Before that post, I didn't even know that support does these things.
  • Asher1_1Asher1_1 Member Posts: 467 ★★
    Unohoncho said:

Thought I'd share the debacle I'm having with Kabam support presently about the totally ridiculous match ups I get in BG... all I want is fairer match ups I.e. match me to within a tolerance of another opponents total hero rating in their battle deck so if my deck is 200k, match me with someone who is +/- hero rating say 10% I.e. 170k or 230k...

NOT matching me with 600k+ battle deck opponents who I have no hope ever of defeating.... I probably average losing 4/5 matches and those I win are more often than not their players' forefitting the match.

What Kabam have said is "Thank you for contacting Kabam Support. I understand that you are concerned about being matched against stronger opponents in Battlegrounds.

I wanted to share with you that the matchmaking system lets players find opponents from any Summoner that is actively looking for opponents to fight. When you start looking for a match, the system tries to find a Summoner that has a Division close to your Summoner's Division. The system's search will expand if it cannot find a Summoner with a Division that is close to your Summoner's Division. In that situation, the system will match you with any Summoner that is searching for opponents, even if that Summoner's Division is not similar to your Summoner's Division. This means that you may encounter a Summoner that is stronger or weaker than you, and the opponents you face in Battlegrounds depend on which Summoner is matchmaking at the time that you are"

How lame is that? Anyways, Kabam support are all like 'thank for your feedback' and do nothing... all the valid points I'm spending the time to make them aware of they just make out they'll 'pass the feedback on' - really awful, customer support... I'm practically ready to give up the game and delete my account so I don't ever bother to reinstall it.

So, my request to all your frustrated players is 'log a support request with Kabam' venting your frustrations about battlegrounds and their stupid matching rules', maybe they'll listen if more people complain?

https://help.kabamsupport.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

How lame of u when u knew u haven't done 9.1, 8.4 ,crucible , Necro & complaining about matchmaking get your priority straight.

-- Story quest(to get higher progression) comes first .
    --- after that do the EQ,SQ ,Special Quests
    --- then when u have a developed roaster jump to BGs
  • DonkeyKongDonkeyKong Member Posts: 51
    Unohoncho said:

It's not about entitlement, did you actually read what I wrote you clown?

If I lose 4/5 matches because I am hopelessly mismatched then how can I earn the rewards? Skill is skill, but mismatching wrecks everything
    The game has always been progression sides. And will continue to be progression sided. The ‘skill’ in this game is a factor of multiple stuff. Roster depth, knowledge and fight mechanics (dexing, baiting specials, shallow dexing , light intercept etc).

Imagine having spent months grinding on this game using resources earned from hard end game quest to rank up your champs only for a newbie uncollected to earn 1st place rewards over you because they got lucky fighting against other easy newbie uncollected with a 5* max rank groot defender while you have to fight a max sig r3 7* serpent every game. The only way to make it fair for you while making it fair for others is by creating a bracket system where you will get rewards that would demotivate you to play battlegrounds.

Also if not being able to play battlegrounds is demotivating then you’re not really engaging in the game as kabam intended. If your not doing story quest as the main way to earn top rewards then the game just isn’t for you, i hate to be demotivating but it’s like seeing a mushroom soup recipe and complaining you don’t like mushroom but like the soup, find a different game at that point.