**UPDATE - iPAD STUCK FLICKERING SCREEN**
The 47.0.1 hotfix to address the issue of freezing & flashing lights on loading screens when trying to enter a fight, along with other smaller issues, is now ready to be downloaded through the App Store on IOS.
More information here.

Worst system ever

FishlordFishlord Member Posts: 9
So i have joined recently a New alliance you can sée on thé screen i cant have acces to any objective wich was completed before i join even if they are not claimable by anyone.
See if 7 days are needed to claim step 11 i guess 6 days are needed to claim step 10 , 5 days for step 9 ect...
So what thé point punishing player for having change alliance while no one could have claimed theese objective for thé moment even thoose wich were in thé alliance AT thé begining of thé sq???
That s just feel liké a terrible system, i have changed alliance and i m punished on so much objective even thoose unclaimable... Thx kabam

Comments

• dr2wsdr2ws Member Posts: 144
    edited October 12
    Well there are some objective ones however yeah I get your frustrating. Make sure you get all the objective ones.

Did you not claim the previous milestones in your previous alliance or was it too late?
  • FishlordFishlord Member Posts: 9
    Évent was not even started, i vé been without alliance for 4 days or something liké that and i m punished for AT least 10 days , not even talking about all thé other évent i cant claim.
    That s just nonsense
  • FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Member Posts: 3,286 ★★★★★
    Fishlord said:

Évent was not even started, i vé been without alliance for 4 days or something liké that and i m punished for AT least 10 days , not even talking about all thé other évent i cant claim.
    That s just nonsense

Saying you're being punished is absurd. Whether they are time gated or not, the alliance you are now in earned those rewards before you got there, so you don't get them. That's like accusing a company of mistreatment because you didn't get a Christmas bonus when they hired you January 2nd.
    "You didn't help the alliance earn the rewards that they earned before you got there. It's not punishment, it's common sense.
    Alliance events with individual milestones require you to be part of the alliance prior to the milestones being earned. Alliance events with max milestone rewards require you to be with the alliance for a specified period of time.

It's not Kabam's fault that you changed alliances. There would be significant issues in the game if you could hop over to a new alliance and claim a bunch of rewards you didn't have to work for."

Hey champ, you réalise since in thé alliance i had done as much point as thé other?? You réalise sometime it s not your fault if timing for changing not thé one expected? An other alliance cancel m'y joining 2 min before i would have joined wich result in this situation. Thx for your precious post ...

Some other évent i m screwed, AT least i guess thoose one were claimable wich give an explanation when there IS not when thé évent are not even claimable
    edited October 12
    Fishlord said:

Hey champ, you réalise since in thé alliance i had done as much point as thé other?? You réalise sometime it s not your fault if timing for changing not thé one expected? An other alliance cancel m'y joining 2 min before i would have joined wich result in this situation. Thx for your precious post ...

What you contributed is not the discussion, but when.
    If they changed the rules, that would result in players hopping alliances and doubling, trippling, or even more ridiculously increasing their rewards. You do understand how bad that would be, yes?

It sucks, but it is what it is. Creating a situation where players can abuse a system is a far worse problem than a few players missing out on things that they can't get because of their own individual experience. None of your experience is Kabam's fault and there's nothing they need to correct.
    The system protects the integrity of the game.

Thanks for your precious post.

Fishlord said:

If they changed the rules, that would result in players hopping alliances and doubling, trippling, or even more ridiculously increasing their rewards. You do understand how bad that would be, yes?

It sucks, but it is what it is. Creating a situation where players can abuse a system is a far worse problem than a few players missing out on things that they can't get because of their own individual experience. None of your experience is Kabam's fault and there's nothing they need to correct.

Ok bro explain to me how people could jump on other alliance to claim objective when they re not claimable ?? What you Say make sense considering thé claimable évent, that s why i was not talking about thé 2 other évent i vé posted After just to show what i have Lost already.
    Again i m not asking to bé able claiming objective rewards wich were claimable before i joined but only why i m not able to claim futur claimable objective now that i m in ??? Understood bro?
    Let me give you answer: there IS no Logic there
    Thx again
    edited October 12
    Fishlord said:

Fishlord said:

Ok bro explain to me how people could jump on other alliance to claim objective when they re not claimable ?? What you Say make sense considering thé claimable évent, that s why i was not talking about thé 2 other évent i vé posted After just to show what i have Lost already.
    Again i m not asking to bé able claiming objective rewards wich were claimable before i joined but only why i m not able to claim futur claimable objective now that i m in ??? Understood bro?
    Thx again
    I am not your bro.
    Perhaps it is a language/Google translate barrier, but you never said your issue was that you couldn't claim the claimable stuff now.
    As far as the bounty entries go, they're all on a timer. Milestone 11 is the only one you contributed toward and it is on a fixed timer. You're not waiting any longer than anyone else for milestone 11, you just didn't earn any of the milestones before so you have to wait longer in general to get any bounty entries.

There is plenty of logic here. Based on the timing of your joining the alliance, there is stuff you can't claim at all, stuff you can't claim yet, and stuff the alliance hasn't earned yet since you've gotten there. You haven't lost anything.

Just because the bounty entries are timed and there are 6 days worth of timers between you and the one you can claim doesn't mean you get to claim everything in between because you joined the alliance ahead of the timer expiring. You didn't join ahead of the milestone being earned so you don't get the milestone.

Fishlord said:

Fishlord said:

Thx again
    I am not your bro.
    Perhaps it is a language/Google translate barrier, but you never said your issue was that you couldn't claim the claimable stuff now.
    As far as the bounty entries go, they're all on a timer. Milestone 11 is the only one you contributed toward and it is on a fixed timer. You're not waiting any longer than anyone else for milestone 11, you just didn't earn any of the milestones before so you have to wait longer in general to get any bounty entries.

There is plenty of logic here. Based on the timing of your joining the alliance, there is stuff you can't claim at all, stuff you can't claim yet, and stuff the alliance hasn't earned yet since you've gotten there. You haven't lost anything.

Just because the bounty entries are timed and there are 6 days worth of timers between you and the one you can claim doesn't mean you get to claim everything in between because you joined the alliance ahead of the timer expiring. You didn't join ahead of the milestone being earned so you don't get the milestone.
    Well " not m'y bro", Can you claim step 10 right now?
    edited October 12
    Fishlord said:

Fishlord said:

Fishlord said:

Thx again
    I am not your bro.

No one can. It has 6 days and 21 hours left. The difference is I was in my alliance to help earn it, I didn't join after they already put up enough points. The milestones are earned immediately upon getting enough points, but they are spaced to claim one every 24 hours.
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Member Posts: 4,943 ★★★★★
    You can claim the new milestones from overflow after you join an alliance.
    But you can't access milestones which were completed before you joined.

short answer

Fishlord said:

Fishlord said:

Fishlord said:

Thx again
    I am not your bro.

No one can. It has 6 days and 21 hours left. The difference is I was in my alliance to help earn it, I didn't join after they already put up enough points.
    Ahah seems discussing with you a total waste of Time , hopefully i ll stay polite with you.
  • KlippKlipp Member Posts: 211 ★★
    edited October 12
    This is the unfortunate side of changing alliances that I'm not a fan of from kabams point. There should be a better system like a new counter or separate counter that starts when you join the alliance.

Probably not a feature kabam has the capabilities of as of now. Unfortunately this has happened to me twice for battlegrounds alliance milestones rewards.

The first time cool that's fine I joined mid season. This time I didn't join for 5 days after battlegrounds started due to raids. Can't change while raids are going even tho you finished raids in 2 days. So I joined this alliance 5 days after bgs started, 25 days to go and we will double up the milestones so if there was a separate counter for me I'd still qualify for those rewards.

In the posted screenshots you will see i missed out on milestones 8-14 but I was able to get 15 which is 9 million, you can also see we have added 7 more million since that point which is all the milestones I missed.

So i get what op is saying it's so early in the month that it's not fair he is missing out on that since technically the points are still counting and the alliance with his/her/their help will more than likely hit those milestones in the next 25 days. So yes he is being punished because kabams choice on how they do these locked milestones.

Listen I get the point of alliance hopping but that could be stopped with a separate milestone counter for people new to an alliance.

Fishlord said:

Fishlord said:

Fishlord said:

Fishlord said:

Thx again
    I am not your bro.

No one can. It has 6 days and 21 hours left. The difference is I was in my alliance to help earn it, I didn't join after they already put up enough points.
    Ahah seems discussing with you a total waste of Time , hopefully i ll stay polite with you.
    You won't find a satisfying answer from anyone because it isn't going to be what you want it to be and it can't be what you want it to be.
    edited October 12
    Klipp said:

This is the unfortunate side of changing alliances that I'm not a fan of from kabams point. There should be a better system like a new counter or separate counter that starts when you join the alliance.

Probably not a feature kabam has the capabilities of as of now. Unfortunately this has happened to me twice for battlegrounds alliance milestones rewards.

The first time cool that's fine I joined mid season. This time I didn't join for 5 days after battlegrounds started due to raids. Can't change while raids are going even tho you finished raids in 2 days. So I joined this alliance 5 days after bgs started, 25 days to go and we will double up the milestones so if there was a separate counter for me I'd still qualify for those rewards.

In the posted screenshots you will see i missed out on milestones 8-14 but I was able to get 15 which is 9 million, you can also see we have added 7 more million since that point which is all the milestones I missed.

So i get what op is saying it's so early in the month that it's not fair he is missing out on that since technically the points are still counting and the alliance with his/her/their help will more than likely hit those milestones in the next 25 days. So yes he is being punished because kabams choice on how they do these locked milestones.

Listen I get the point of alliance hopping but that could be stopped with a separate milestone counter for people new to an alliance.

But what would that counter look like that makes sense?
    You know what would happen? Alliances would pair up with each other, max out milestones in both (or more) alliances within the timer's constraints, then swap places with each other and double up on the rewards. If players want to double up on the rewards, then they should have to put in double the effort. If they did anything to the current system to allow players to claim rewards they didn't earn it would be a nightmare.

Klipp said:

You know what would happen? Alliances would pair up with each other, max out milestones in both (or more) alliances within the timer's constraints, then swap places with each other and double up on the rewards. If players want to double up on the rewards, then they should have to put in double the effort. If they did anything to the current system to allow players to claim rewards they didn't earn it would be a nightmare.
    I'm just saying that's one idea, I believe this needs to be addressed. You can see in my screenshots that I qualified for 9 million. We then put up another 7 million which would account for all the milestones I missed.

I get the rule but I think the rule is dumb and needs to be addressed. It seems out dated and not with the current way kabam handles alliance events.

To ops point he is missing out on all those bounties even tho for the next 25 days his alliance will still get points and probably enough points to double the milestones like in my example.

Sure my example might not be the best but there needs to be a change. It's not fair to those that change alliances for whatever reason.
    edited October 12
    To everyone else's point the rule is the rule but when should a rule be addressed? It's like thinking about the glory store, bg store and so on needs updates.

The same could be said for rules. Just like the old antiquated rules that kabam still uses to ban people incorrectly. We have seen plenty of those in the past year.

I'm just saying that I see OPs point and this is something that kabam should look into or when we submit a ticket there should be wiggle room or discretion. Not well that's the rule.
    Klipp said:

Klipp said:

Sure my example might not be the best but there needs to be a change. It's not fair to those that change alliances for whatever reason.
    I wouldn't say there needs to be change, but there is certainly room for conversation. It would just be an insane amount of effort to program something that works fairly without leaving room for players to exploit it.
    Could there be a separate minimum contribution to earn previously earned rewards? Sure, but that would be a lot of "what if" detail to add to the game.

The expectations have been what they have been for years. That is why so many players carefully time their moves. Of course, with more going on these days it is a good bit harder to do, though not as bad since they lined everything up to start and stop consistently.
    With these expectations so strongly in place for so long, it is difficult to give an argument where it is fair to say it is Kabam's responsibility for when and why a player changed alliances. It's simply not their issue to own. They've offered grace with AW rewards for players that got kicked by their terrible alliances, but they can't make up for everything.
  • willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Member Posts: 4,228 ★★★★★
    Klipp said:

The same could be said for rules. Just like the old antiquated rules that kabam still uses to ban people incorrectly. We have seen plenty of those in the past year.

What is this old antiquated rule for banning? Is it the no modding rule, or the no mercing rule?

Klipp said:

Klipp said:

I wouldn't say there needs to be change, but there is certainly room for conversation. It would just be an insane amount of effort to program something that works fairly without leaving room for players to exploit it.
    Could there be a separate minimum contribution to earn previously earned rewards? Sure, but that would be a lot of "what if" detail to add to the game.

The expectations have been what they have been for years. That is why so many players carefully time their moves. Of course, with more going on these days it is a good bit harder to do, though not as bad since they lined everything up to start and stop consistently.
    With these expectations so strongly in place for so long, it is difficult to give an argument where it is fair to say it is Kabam's responsibility for when and why a player changed alliances. It's simply not their issue to own. They've offered grace with AW rewards for players that got kicked by their terrible alliances, but they can't make up for everything.
    Right I get it's alot of work on kabams behalf but I'm saying there should be more discretion in the rule.

To your point of timing when you leave its almost impossible these days to time it to get all rewards you should get. Aq/raids(aq is adjustable with the change in calendar but raids is not), aw anything after mid season your stuck, battlegrounds(I believe it's a week) and since everything is scattered, and we haven't talked about bounties. How do you time it if you are moving from a war alliance to a battlegrounds heavy alliance.

Like this last time changed i had to weigh the rewards of raid rewards + glory vs missing some milestones in bgs even tho I've been with them while they have doubled up the unclaimed rewards I missed on.

When you look at it you are punishing yourself when making moves. I've brought this up to other friends and they are now scared more than before to change alliances because of this example. There needs to be some adjustment or conversation not the same rules that applied years ago when if was just war we were dealing with.
    edited October 12

Klipp said:

What is this old antiquated rule for banning? Is it the no modding rule, or the no mercing rule?

Kabam hasn't really spoken on what trips it but it's an old ban system that still runs that has banned people erroneously. After ticket, and more tickets and reaching out to forum mods they get it turned around. It has been something kabam had acknowledged but it still runs in the background
  • willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Member Posts: 4,228 ★★★★★
    Klipp said:

Klipp said:

Kabam hasn't really spoken on what trips it but it's an old ban system that still runs thay has banned people erroneously. After ticket, and more tickets and reaching out to forum mods they get it turned around. It has been something kabam had acknowledged but it still runs in the background
    What erroneous ban are you talking about? I love it when Kabam Crashed comes on and tells us why they've been banned after saying they've done nothing wrong. I stand by the ban system. But I also didn't put on my hat this morning so it may be me.
  • solopolosolopolo Member Posts: 885 ★★★

Klipp said:

I recall the previous system simply locking you out of any milestones you had already claimed while in another alliance, along with the delay timer, to stop people from joining just to claim rewards then swapping over again. Not sure why they moved away from this.
    edited October 12

Klipp said:

Klipp said:

Kabam hasn't really spoken on what trips it but it's an old ban system that still runs thay has banned people erroneously. After ticket, and more tickets and reaching out to forum mods they get it turned around. It has been something kabam had acknowledged but it still runs in the background
    What erroneous ban are you talking about? I love it when Kabam Crashed comes on and tells us why they've been banned after saying they've done nothing wrong. I stand by the ban system. But I also didn't put on my hat this morning so it may be me.
    There have been plenty of bans lately that were over turned when kabam employees actually looked into it and found that nothing was done to be banned. Just happened to an alliance mate 3 weeks ago. He missed out on an aq day and when a kabam employee actually looked into he did nothing wrong.

It's usually in older content where something triggers an anti cheat mechanism and bans them erroneously until an employee actually does an analysis of the account.
    solopolo said:

Klipp said:

I recall the previous system simply locking you out of any milestones you had already claimed while in another alliance, along with the delay timer, to stop people from joining just to claim rewards then swapping over again. Not sure why they moved away from this.
    That's how I remembered it to and that's why I reached out via a ticket and got back the response "we'll that's the rule". Not a fan of the fairness of that rule so early into a new month
  • PandingoPandingo Member Posts: 1,054 ★★★★

You didn't help the alliance earn the rewards that they earned before you got there. It's not punishment, it's common sense.
    Alliance events with individual milestones require you to be part of the alliance prior to the milestones being earned. Alliance events with max milestone rewards require you to be with the alliance for a specified period of time.

It's not Kabam's fault that you changed alliances. There would be significant issues in the game if you could hop over to a new alliance and claim a bunch of rewards you didn't have to work for.

I disagree completely. It's not my fault that my alliance cut me before the event and it took one day to find a new one. And I will end up contributing twice as much as most of the alliance. So how do I not 'deserve' the rewards if I contributed just as much if not more as others? Completely illogical point of view. And they should 100% have warnings like banquet. Make sure you're in an alliance or you may miss rewards. What's the point of even trying to do a monthy side quest if I can't claim all the materials needed?
  • Herbal_TaxmanHerbal_Taxman Member Posts: 483 ★★★
    The lesson, as always — be careful choosing your alliance. If you pick the wrong crew and they tune out to be cranks, you’re almost always going to get screwed on something. Get yourself settled before Banquet…