**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

duped 5* Karnak good enough to r4?

Need some more fire power on questing and AW attack...is he worth it, or should I continue to wait? My last several pulls have been complete turds, so I am getting frustrated and impatient. Let me know, and thanks.

Comments

• Hes... OK Do't know about R4 what other 5 Star Champions you got?
  • KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    He's not bad, kind of an acquired taste. Very good against evaders and armor nodes. Most people don't really appreciate him but when focused and with true strike he is a crit machine. His ability to shrug off stuns and his poison reduction is handy too.
  • BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    edited January 2018
    Save your catalysts
  • colbyscipio987colbyscipio987 Posts: 1,027 ★★
    DUMB QUESTION OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Ground_Round1Ground_Round1 Posts: 1,012
    @NinjaFisto HE is my ONLY 5* skill...I also have a r3 duped SM, and unduped r3's of Guilley and Majik. I was planning on waiting for Majik, but I am getting impatient.
  • SolswerdSolswerd Posts: 1,860 ★★★★
    DUMB QUESTION OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!

http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/34872/even-possible#latest
  • Alpha07Alpha07 Posts: 649 ★★
    @NinjaFisto HE is my ONLY 5* skill...I also have a r3 duped SM, and unduped r3's of Guilley and Majik. I was planning on waiting for Majik, but I am getting impatient.

SM?

also, Karnak isn't very good, rank up Magik. heck, even Guilly is a better choice than Karnak.
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    Karnak is so good may not be a god but lots of uses.
    edited January 2018
    @colbyscipio987 Please go if you have nothing nice to say.
  • colbyscipio987colbyscipio987 Posts: 1,027 ★★
    @colbyscipio987 Please go if you have nothing nice to say.

or what?
  • theshiznit05theshiznit05 Posts: 107
    No....no
  • Ground_Round1Ground_Round1 Posts: 1,012
    Thanks to the majority for the constructive replies. Looks like I will most likely suck it up and be patient. I am maybe 1.5 T4 mystic cats away from Majik...so I will start sitting and waiting now. Thanks again.
    edited January 2018
    No idea.
  • Consider this. When you do his sp1. All evade is negated, and you should be able to keep hitting sp1.
    I'm not saying to rank him up. It's just an observation.
  • ArgygufdetlopArgygufdetlop Posts: 62
    Magik, even unduped, is way better choice. At some point you will be able to earn or buy a generic AG or get lucky with mystic AG or just normal dupe.

But she is still very good attacker unduped. For example, unduped is JUST AS GOOD as duped for taking down Hyperion bosses in map6 (he heal blocks). She is one of the top power control champs in the game, duped or not, and for certain lanes or fights (like hyper) there is no better option.
  • Vision_41Vision_41 Posts: 721
    If you really want to, i would, but it wouldn't be the best option
  • DOKTOROKTOPUSDOKTOROKTOPUS Posts: 1,501 ★★★
    i pulled him today, and also a 4* god fixit. i should stop opening crystals today
  • WildpantsWildpants Posts: 148
    Let's say he is not the worst option for r4
  • XFA_RebootedXFA_Rebooted Posts: 1,048 ★★★
    No don't do it.
  • PrimeSaviour_27PrimeSaviour_27 Posts: 364 ★★★
    Do not waste T2a on him you will regret it when you wait 3-4 months for another 4.

Save them for Magik, she will drag you through so much content it is unbelievable.

She’s dragged me through RttL, Act 5, countless monthly quests(this all undupped) and she’s amazing for AW against magik, Hyperion and the all or nothing node. Also say good bye to baiting with her 😏
  • ScottryanScottryan Posts: 467 ★★★
    I ranked my 5* asleep gilly to r4...then i did act 5.1-5.3 100% and awakened her with a gem. Then i did 5.4 100% with her (she was my only r4 untill after 5.4 100%). She is r5 now. Gilly is good, rank her