Wrong Featured Crystal?

16781012

Comments

  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 24,661 ★★★★★
    Keep sending in tickets. This fix is ridiculous.

    This was my reply to supports response about the fix...

    No. That’s not how it works. You guys placed the wrong crystal in the store. Just bc they are both feature crystals does not mean it would have been the same outcome. That doesn’t make any sense. Its RNG and it isn’t based on time. If I opened a sentry crystal the same exact time as I opened a Void crystal I would get two different champions not the same one. It’s two different variables which would have had two different outcomes. I need to speak to a higher person up the ladder. This is ridiculous and I will not let this go. I want my hard earned 15k 5* shards back so I can buy the crystal that you guys were supposed to have in the store. It is your mistake and this is not an adequate fix. I need to speak with a supervisor or manager.

    You would get two different outcomes because you would open two different Crystals. What Featured is in it has nothing to do with what you land on. I'm sorry, but the argument that it may have been a Void if he was in it, is not sound.
  • @CoatHang3r that doesn't sound very random though? It sounds predetermined. As if there is an order of crystals given out and it is first come first served.

    3 8 1 6 3 6 0 2 1 9 4 4 8 9 7 5 6 6

    These are the order the crystals will be given out an out and 6 gets the featured, you just don't know where you are in line when buying them. I really don't know how it works but I would have thought that the number is generated randomly at the time of purchase, so if you purchased the crystal even a fraction of second later than you intended it would be a different outcome because it is a true random roll.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 2,937 ★★★★★
    Keep sending in tickets. This fix is ridiculous.

    This was my reply to supports response about the fix...

    No. That’s not how it works. You guys placed the wrong crystal in the store. Just bc they are both feature crystals does not mean it would have been the same outcome. That doesn’t make any sense. Its RNG and it isn’t based on time. If I opened a sentry crystal the same exact time as I opened a Void crystal I would get two different champions not the same one. It’s two different variables which would have had two different outcomes. I need to speak to a higher person up the ladder. This is ridiculous and I will not let this go. I want my hard earned 15k 5* shards back so I can buy the crystal that you guys were supposed to have in the store. It is your mistake and this is not an adequate fix. I need to speak with a supervisor or manager.

    You would get two different outcomes because you would open two different Crystals. What Featured is in it has nothing to do with what you land on. I'm sorry, but the argument that it may have been a Void if he was in it, is not sound.

    Your assumption is that it would be the same. Think of each crystal like a random function that gives a number between 1 and 100. If you get them both at the same time and you get 23 out of one, it doesn’t mean that if you had used the other random function you’d get the same number.

    I hope it goes without saying that I know that’s not necessarily how it works, but my point is that it could be how it worked. Meaning you don’t know that getting a certain champ out of one, means you’d get the same out of the other. You simply can’t prove it
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 3,790 ★★★★★
    @Gronholm14 @BitterSteel

    You rolled for a featured champ with the same chance as any other featured champ. You either got the featured or didn't get the featured. The only difference between between rolling the crystals is which featured champ was awarded and that has been accounted for.

    Woo, superstition, mistrust, and incredulity do not affect the outcome of the crystal you rolled in the past.
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 1,678 ★★★★
    You had your chance at void, he came out as sentry and you would have ended up with void if you pulled sentry, to take all of the hundred percent of people’s champs back off them, some of them pulled blade or archangel, imagine that uproar for one second, they have slightly helped the 1% of people that pulled featured, as opposed to annoying the 20-30% of people that got a good champ, seriously get over it, why do so many people here comlain about fairness for the handful of people who end up with a slight advantage of an extra garbage champ, no solution would have made everybody happy, as Gwen said she would have been annoyed if they have everyone two champs, bunch of entitleds in here
  • @CoatHang3r I pulled a subfeatured champ kingpin. I have been told by @Hubris_hater and now by you that had this crystal been the correct version, I still would have pulled kingpin. Can you say for certain that I was not affected opening a crystal that had 10 subfeatured champs vs one that was supposed to have 11 subfeatured champs?
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 3,790 ★★★★★
    Gronholm14 wrote: »
    @CoatHang3r I pulled a subfeatured champ kingpin. I have been told by @Hubris_hater and now by you that had this crystal been the correct version, I still would have pulled kingpin. Can you say for certain that I was not affected opening a crystal that had 10 subfeatured champs vs one that was supposed to have 11 subfeatured champs?
    Can you say Sentry was not in the sub featured pool when you popped? From what we know the pools are not a function of the crystal but a function of the time the Crystal orignally ran.

    “After a featured Champion’s crystal is done, they are moved into the Sub-Featured Pool, and you have a chance of scoring them in a Featured Hero Crystal”
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 2,937 ★★★★★
    edited January 2018
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    @Gronholm14 @BitterSteel

    You rolled for a featured champ with the same chance as any other featured champ. You either got the featured or didn't get the featured. The only difference between between rolling the crystals is which featured champ was awarded and that has been accounted for.

    Woo, superstition, mistrust, and incredulity do not affect the outcome of the crystal you rolled in the past.

    I didn’t roll anything. But again, you are assuming that it is as you say. Until I get code to prove me otherwise, I am still open to the fact that it is possible that different crystals give different champions. In any case, what about people who got someone from the sub feature pool?

    If my understanding is right about sub pool and a new champion Just gets added to the sub pool each time a new champion is introduced in the game, then that means there’s an extra champion in the sub pool, and therefore crystal. I.e. sentry’s crystal has X champions and when void’s crystal has X+1 champions because in sentry’s crystal it has all the usual champs and sentry but void’s has all the usual champs plus sentry AND void.
  • I think you misunderstand me @Speeds80. If there is compensation being distributed it is because kabam is admitting some mistake has been made that actually harmed someone. Send a void in the mail to the sentry recipients and if it is claimed they give up the sentry and accept the void and the problem is fixed. If this is too complicated because some people ranked up sentry or used sigs so be it. But don't take the easy way out and say you aren't going to deal with the situation because it's complicated therefore saying oh we are doing this because sentry winners were in some way harmed and we need to make it up to them. In what way were they harmed?
  • @CoatHang3r really good point! We don't know that sentry wasn't already in the sub pool because of what you quoted! We probably will never know unfortunately. That's why I think this dialogue is important. Maybe a mod could weigh in on this. @Kabam Miike
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 2,937 ★★★★★
    Gronholm14 wrote: »
    @CoatHang3r really good point! We don't know that sentry wasn't already in the sub pool because of what you quoted! We probably will never know unfortunately. That's why I think this dialogue is important. Maybe a mod could weigh in on this. @Kabam Miike

    The point is, we don’t know. Nobody can definitively say that you would get one champ from both crystals
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 3,790 ★★★★★
    @BitterSteel What we know is the pool of champions in a crystal is not tied to the crystal unless otherwise stated. Talk to people who bought the 5* class specific crystals and saved to open them after their targeted champ hit the pool. Kabam has said that a featured champ hits the sub pool when their orignal run of 7 days expires. Be incredulous that changes nothing.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 2,937 ★★★★★
    edited January 2018
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    @BitterSteel What we know is the pool of champions in a crystal is not tied to the crystal unless otherwise stated. Talk to people who bought the 5* class specific crystals and saved to open them after their targeted champ hit the pool. Kabam has said that a featured champ hits the sub pool when their orignal run of 7 days expires. Be incredulous that changes nothing.

    What you said applies to new champion’s crystals. You don’t know that sentry was added to the sub pool of his own crystal. With that said. There’s no way to prove A) sentry was in the sub feature and B ) you’d get the same champ from either crystal
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 3,790 ★★★★★
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    @BitterSteel What we know is the pool of champions in a crystal is not tied to the crystal unless otherwise stated. Talk to people who bought the 5* class specific crystals and saved to open them after their targeted champ hit the pool. Kabam has said that a featured champ hits the sub pool when their orignal run of 7 days expires. Be incredulous that changes nothing.

    What you said applies to new champion’s crystals. You don’t know that sentry was added to the sub pool of his own crystal. With that said. There’s no way to prove A) sentry was in the sub feature and B ) you’d get the same champ from either crystal
    No what I said applies to the pools available when a featured crystal is spun.

    A) Kabam can prove it or maybe they already have with pervious statements. Again incredulity chnages nothing.

    B)Your incredulity changes nothing.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 2,937 ★★★★★
    I clearly have no incredulity. I am and have admitted to being open to believe it, if it is proved to me. Until then I will continue believing that there is no way for you or I to say with certainty that the champion would be the same (or different)
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 1,678 ★★★★
    Gw addressed this ages ago, if you go by that logic any time there is a longer maintenance or a 1 second lag in game and you don’t pull the champion you wanted you could argue it was kabams fault because of that maintenance or lag, all we can say is that you had the same (or very similar) chances at missing the featured champ no matter which of the crystals you opened and so odds wise this is the fairest resolution, when kabam choose to give a slight reward to anyone for suffering a mistake. I’m not that guy, that whinges that everybody in the whole game should get a free 5* because a handful of people just got a free worst champ in the game. Is it such a big deal when they throw a handful of people a bone. being probably the worst champ in the game, seriously This conversation has made me take forums a lot less serious, problems been solved people complaining about it are a new subset of people who weren’t really disadvantaged by any odds, argue all you want and send as many tickets as you want, logic says there is very little point or strength to your debate at this point
  • i think your argument is valid @Speeds80. And we did all have the same chance, which is why I am baffled that since we all had the same chance exposed to the same crystal, there is compensation for only some. I can tell you don't understand why either but you also don't care. I on the other hand would like to know why.
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 1,678 ★★★★
    Because right now a handful of people got a small advantage, if they then advantage your Subset of people @Gronholm14, the larger subset of people which Gwen fits into would then have a legitimate complaint and I would say a more legitimate complaint than you, which would then lead to the next big subset of people which I am in (those who are still saving their shards) a reason to complain, right now a few people got a crappy bone, if they go giving away more chances and more rewards... more people will complain. It’s been said many times but is so true in this community. You can never actually please 100% if the people after a mistake has been made, I think the general consensus is that they handled this very well.
  • GwendolineGwendoline Posts: 945 ★★★
    Gwendoline wrote: »
    If everyone gets a second champ I'll be really pissed for not opening the crystal when I noticed it was the wrong one.

    The current solution might not totally be fair, but it's the fairest option to the most people. Any other solution would be even more unfair to even more players.

    Good point Gwen, never thought of that. So the many that DIDNT buy the crystal because they saw it was wrong would actually be punished, and, again, that wouldnt be fair at all

    Always on point Gwen, as ever!

    Thank you. Why are you in forum jail?
    Speeds80 wrote: »
    Because right now a handful of people got a small advantage, if they then advantage your Subset of people @Gronholm14, the larger subset of people which Gwen fits into would then have a legitimate complaint and I would say a more legitimate complaint than you, which would then lead to the next big subset of people which I am in (those who are still saving their shards) a reason to complain, right now a few people got a crappy bone, if they go giving away more chances and more rewards... more people will complain. It’s been said many times but is so true in this community. You can never actually please 100% if the people after a mistake has been made, I think the general consensus is that they handled this very well.

    Unless they give everybody that got Sentry a Void and then give every other player a Void featured crystal (regardless of if they opened one, where able to open one or even logged in at all) there will be a group unhappy about people getting two champs for the price of one. And even with every summoner getting a free champ (whether it’s the accidental Sentry or a chance to spin) people will be mad that the low level players get a free 5*. And possibly the people getting Sentry and Void will be mad because they are stuck with Sentry and thus did not get a chance to spin their free crystal. But to give every player a 5* Sentry (which might actually be a good solution too) would piss off the people that went for the Sentry crystal.

    I’ve yet to read one idea that would piss off less people then Kabam their solution does. I do challange you all to come up with it, because I can’t come up with anything myself (and usually I can).
  • Sentry for void swap. Then it's done. If alliance war gold payout fiasco can be fixed across the board for anyone who participated in a war, then I'm sure rank up items can be refudended to anyone who chose to rank up that wrong sentry pull.
  • SligSlig Posts: 145
    Why is a sentry for void swap so difficult? Seems fair. If it’s already duped, just take off 20 sig levels. Shouldn’t be so difficult or contentious.
  • Gronholm14Gronholm14 Posts: 20
    edited January 2018
    What is this compensation for exactly @Hubris_hater ? You say they may actually deserve it. You cannot however come up with a reason. And it is not a correction but an overcorrection unevenly applied. And yes that's exactly what I am saying.
  • Gronholm14Gronholm14 Posts: 20
    edited January 2018
    Kabam can do what they want in this game. It's a game I love and we all know they have done some odd things. Random game mails with random items from units to t4c for free to random people? Ok I'm fine. It's random. But this isn't random. It's been labeled compensation. I beleive I have the right to question what in the world compensation is necessary for when the problem is fixable and that compensation is questionably distributed. And that is all I am doing, asking questions.
  • RedRoosterRedRooster Posts: 337 ★★
    Slig wrote: »
    Why is a sentry for void swap so difficult? Seems fair. If it’s already duped, just take off 20 sig levels. Shouldn’t be so difficult or contentious.

    Because, if it was their first pull, they could have then awakened him with a gem, or having pulled him, dumped resources into him to rank him. So now they have to figure out if they need to remove sig levels, possibly unawaken and reverse sig stones and possibly return rank up materials.

    They don't actually track all the information to completely reverse the situation and they've said as much in the past.

    And if they can't reverse it exactly there will be another group of people banging on their door.
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    edited January 2018
    Yeah right this was intentional you can give us all one if they get to keep whatever they got they were not even supposed to have em so just take em off their account and refund them.
  • Darklord2099Darklord2099 Posts: 13
    Other than lazy there isn’t much to say. They should take the champs pulled and refund shards. Lazy!!!!
  • GwendolineGwendoline Posts: 945 ★★★
    Yeah right this was intentional you can give us all one if they get to keep whatever they got they were not even supposed to have em so just take em off their account and refund them.

    How was this intentional? Do you think they like messing up like this?
  • 35six735six7 Posts: 31
    The false advertising argument is that, the “Void Crystal” should meant to be pulling Void as the feature champion and “the Sentry Crystal” should be meant to pull Sentry as the feature champion. Why Kabam had to mixed up the two names of these feature crystals in the first place and try to confuse the players. I think this is totally unacceptable.
This discussion has been closed.