**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Reason for Hulk (Ragnarok) to be released three months after his movie?

Just curious from a design point of view: why are we getting Hulk (Ragnarok) in February? I mean, we had a Thor: Ragnarok event in November. Wouldn't it have made sense to release him instead of maybe Taskmaster? Or was this largely just to fit into the story? Or was there some sort of development delay? I'd love to see the insider baseball on why Thor (Ragnarok) and Hela got dropped in November whereas Hulk had to wait til DVD to be added...

Comments

• Options
    TheHoodedDormammuTheHoodedDormammu Posts: 1,448 ★★★
    ya i agree. idk why
  • Options
    probably only two people per month?
  • Options
    i wud have preferred a hulk ragnarok with the november update (thor and hela) and during the feb update, killmonger, new black panther and maybe okaye
  • Options
    probably only two people per month?

But why not release him in December then? I get that MODOK and Sentry had whole events, but it's not like Taskmaster had a movie.
  • Options
    Lt_Magnum_1Lt_Magnum_1 Posts: 639 ★★
    Kabam can only release so many champs in a month. So Hulk Rangnarok was likely booted down.
  • Options
    Kabam can only release so many champs in a month. So Hulk Rangnarok was likely booted down.

Again, I get that -- but I'm curious about why February instead of December. And why Hulk? Why not Thor or Hela? That's what I'm curious about.
  • Options
    GrubGrub Posts: 258 ★★★
    Marvel decision probably wanted to promote main antagonist/protagonist in Thor Ragnarok movie.
  • Options
    JasonMBryantJasonMBryant Posts: 301 ★★
    I'm guessing Taskmaster fit the plot of the MODOK story, and Hulk (Rags) worked well enough here.

They probably also didn't want the Hotel MODOK event to look like it was a continuation of the Ragnarok event.
  • Options
    MrblackkkMrblackkk Posts: 53
    Reason: Laziness
  • Options
    science22science22 Posts: 125
    Maybe they want to follow their game storyline, having gulk with killmonger but not with Thor to fit the game's story. They might have already planned this thing before the thor ragnarok event..
  • Options
    Six_strings6Six_strings6 Posts: 223 ★★
    It’s to tie in with the DVD release if thor ragnorok. Similar to what they did with dormmamu and hood last year