**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

5-Star Featured Arena Discussion Thread

Comments

• ThatweirdguyThatweirdguy Posts: 675 ★★★
    Oh well enjoy grinding for the highly effective 5* cyclops everyone. Once again the game team shows that they don't play the game in a serious way and don't care about the player base. They don't care because they know 2018 will be a very profitable year for them with FGMC sales. This is the same old abusive relationship we choose to stay in so I should not be surprised or disappointed.
  • Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★
    what about a 5 star basic arena?
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    @Kabam Miike Is there anyway you could talk to the game team about giving us a peak behind the curtain as to how they come up with these types of rewards? I think it would go a long way for the community in understanding the thought process. As it is they are just so out of whack with what your customer base needs that I believe it will anger people. Why PHS? Why no T1A? Why such trash?

Rank up materials are not the usual rewards for Hero Arenas, so Tier 1 Alphas are out of place here. And as we have already mentioned, this Arena is not one where the focus is the Milestones. This is where you will the most competitive will compete for a chance at the Top Prize a regular Arena has every given. A Featured 5-Star Champion.

What about the rank up gems then? There are rank up gems in other arenas. Why not offer 5* rank up gem crystals that offer a random class rank up gem that takes a 5* from rank 1 to 2?

The Rank Up Gem is available to the Top Player in the other Arenas. I don't think we can really use that as an argument as to why Rank Up Materials should be included in this new Arena.

@Kabam Miike Well I don’t mean to be rude but, the argument ‘Rank up gems are a valid reward in the new arena because they are available in current arenas’ is a perfectly reasonable argument. All you said was “rank up materials are not the usual rewards for hero arena” and yet we have 2 out of the 3 current hero arenas that regularly have rank up gems. Which are rank up materials.

If you want to say, ‘Rank up gems aren’t included because we decided not to’ fair enough. But I don’t think that kabam are in a position to say ‘you can’t use this as an argument because rank up gems are only available to top players in other arenas’. That simply isn’t a reason why rank up gems can’t be given as rank rewards to lower players.

‘Rank up gems can’t be given to lower players in the 5* arena because they are given to top players in the 4* arena’ doesn’t make sense. And the reason it doesn’t make sense is because 5* shards are given to the lower players in the 5* arena AND the top players in the 4* arena. Just look at the basic arena rewards.

That's fair, but what I was referring to is the fact that Rank Up Gems can't be used as an argument as to why Tier 1 Alpha Catalysts or other Rank Up Materials aren't included in this Arena.

Currently, the Team just didn't want to add those in to this arena, but I can ask them to take a look into this again for the future.

Ah I think we had a bit of a misunderstanding. I wasn’t trying to say that Rank up gems are an argument for tier 1 alphas, I was trying to say that rank up gems would be a very nice addition to the lower rank rewards and I was advocating that they should be added to the rank rewards.

Regardless, if you could take this to the team that would be great. Thanks.
  • Will there the five-star refresh timer be decreased at all or will that stay the same? Also I think the milestones could use a bit of a boost
  • dkatryldkatryl Posts: 672 ★★★
    So, who is looking forward to the Kang/Thanos teams of r5 6* full of Medusa, GP, and Cable? :D
  • @Kabam Miike I realize you mentioned there's no change happening to the other arenas but given this new arena has or did the team give any thought about removing 5* champs from the 4* featured? For the 3* featured you can only use 2-3* champs yet you can use 4-5* champs for 4* featured? How about removing 5* champs from the 4* featured?
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Beerows wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike I realize you mentioned there's no change happening to the other arenas but given this new arena has or did the team give any thought about removing 5* champs from the 4* featured? For the 3* featured you can only use 2-3* champs yet you can use 4-5* champs for 4* featured? How about removing 5* champs from the 4* featured?

It’s like having 4* in both the 4* basic and featured. I like having 5* in 4* featured and 5* featured and don’t think it would be a good idea to remove them.
  • Gladiator09Gladiator09 Posts: 287 ★★
    Premium hero crystals in 5* featured arenas lol ...Kudos to the team
  • HoldengHoldeng Posts: 11
    So you say this arena isn’t really about milestones and it is all about the rank rewards but there is an insane drop off in the rank rewards. Whoever finishes in 150 gets a full 5* and whoever gets 151 only gets 2k shards? It should be like 5-6k.
  • JOHNOSA1995JOHNOSA1995 Posts: 536 ★★
    Why phc?why not uncollected phc?
  • DTTDTT Posts: 10
    So essentially, this is an arena for the top 5 alliances and no one else should even bother.
  • JOHNOSA1995JOHNOSA1995 Posts: 536 ★★
    Time for change SA too
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Holdeng wrote: »
    So you say this arena isn’t really about milestones and it is all about the rank rewards but there is an insane drop off in the rank rewards. Whoever finishes in 150 gets a full 5* and whoever gets 151 only gets 2k shards? It should be like 5-6k.
    2000 5* and 200 6*. They add up over time.
  • Stara99Stara99 Posts: 425 ★★
    Even as a grinder I believe I’m outta my league here with 150. People like verygoot has I think either 83 or 89 5*. Along with 3 6*. That’s almost 6-7 mil every 7 hours just for those. That’s not facturing in they have every 4*. New featurednwill have min cutoff 38 mil and old featured around 28 mil. This will reduce the number slightly in 4* from 18 mil maybe to 14 mil. 150 is too low. The debut should have had at least 400 if not 800.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Stara99 wrote: »
    Even as a grinder I believe I’m outta my league here with 150. People like verygoot has I think either 83 or 89 5*. Along with 3 6*. That’s almost 6-7 mil every 7 hours just for those. That’s not facturing in they have every 4*. New featurednwill have min cutoff 38 mil and old featured around 28 mil. This will reduce the number slightly in 4* from 18 mil maybe to 14 mil. 150 is too low. The debut should have had at least 400 if not 800.

I don't believe we could all Rank when we started the 4* Featured. At least not in the Vet Bracket. I Ranked when I was in Beginner. It takes time and consistent effort, like any other Arena.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    Premium crystals are a freaking joke.
  • concepcion29concepcion29 Posts: 42
    I understand milestones aren't the main incentive to grind arenas for days but at least make the rewards relevant. Yes the point of arenas are to grind out for a specific champion but it's difficult for the majority of people who work 9-5 jobs to grind out as much as people who just pay their way to the tops. Even now with the 1% probably being around 40M points, it will just widen the gap between players even more. I think the rewards for the milestones should be updated to give more people incentive to grind out these arenas because most likely, all 10 of those PHC milestone rewards will yield 2 star champs. At least give GMC, just my 2 cents.
  • StewmanStewman Posts: 735 ★★★
    IMO it will just be a matter of time before they add the basic arena, but even that will have pretty high cutoffs, but at least it will be a much larger pool.
    The top 150 reward I agree is ridiculous, but I really don't think the cut-off would be much lower at 400 or 600.
    The 4* arena is just top 800, It would be ridiculous if the 5* arena gave out more full champs that that.
    This game during its entire existence has always been the rich get richer.
    I have no idea why people act so shocked when the top 0.1% get much better rewards than everyone else.
    I also agree that the milestone rewards are not good.

I wonder if the 5* feature and 4* feature will be the same champ? I would assume so.
    This would mean that KM will be the first 5* feature champ.

• Alpha07Alpha07 Posts: 649 ★★
    I think i'll continue grinding on the 4* arena...
  • ExHavokExHavok Posts: 518 ★★★
    Question : Will there be 5* basic arenas in future ?
    Suggestion : This arena is basically for endgame players,and they don't need premium hero crystal as milestone rewards,at least make them grandmaster crystals :/
  • It’s like having 4* in both the 4* basic and featured. I like having 5* in 4* featured and 5* featured and don’t think it would be a good idea to remove them.
    I don't expect anything to change and my guess is the majority would not agree with me but I figured it was worth asking about, even if only for selfish reasons. I don't have the 5*'s and/or time to put up 15-20M for a 4* feature champ but remove 5*'s from the equation and it might be feasible. The best I've done is 8-9M in 4* basic and that took hours and hours and hours with a 12 team (36) max 3* plus 17 team (51) 3/30+ 4*'s.

While everyone complains about this arena I hope it lowers the cutoffs for 4* featured.
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★

Then don't go for the top 150. You'll still be picking up 4000 extra 5* shards a week if you hit the 1-10%, which shouldn't be that hard for a regular grinder. Maybe once in a while if you got a lot of free time, shoot for the top 150 and get a nice 5* featured.

This is more rewards for the players, a good thing. It sounds like all the people complaining that we need more rewards / more 5* shards wanted them all to be from monthly calendars by doing nothing but logging in. To those worried that they won't progress as fast because they can't make the top 150, then realize that if the top 150 consists of whales / hardcore grinders, they were going to pass you anyway. Be glad it is only 150 and not 1000 because if it was 1000 then you'd almost feel like you had to get the feature reward or you would fall behind.
  • Stara99Stara99 Posts: 425 ★★

I don't believe we could all Rank when we started the 4* Featured. At least not in the Vet Bracket. I Ranked when I was in Beginner. It takes time and consistent effort, like any other Arena.

I guess you are trying to put a positive spin on things. Like @Mixalis said we are end game people. Even though I have 40 5* and 111 4* champs I know that I don’t even have a chance at top 150. Let alone someone 300-550k pi rating. @GroundedWisdom
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    My gosh those milestone rewards are trash. Many players just grind the milestones with no hope/time to get the good rank rewards. Why do you guys put PHC's of all things as milestones in a 5* arena. There is no legitimate/logical reason to do that. how about putting some T1A's? You guys are really out of touch. These milestones are indefensible.

If your goal is just to get the Milestones for Units, etc., then I suggest a different Arena. This Arena is meant of those that are ready to compete for the top rewards.

This statement contradicts you comment about limiting this to uncollected players for GM shards. So is it for everyone or just those at the top?