**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

5-Star Featured Arena Discussion Thread

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,191 ★★★★★
    Mixalis wrote: »
    Stara99 wrote: »
    Even as a grinder I believe I’m outta my league here with 150. People like verygoot has I think either 83 or 89 5*. Along with 3 6*. That’s almost 6-7 mil every 7 hours just for those. That’s not facturing in they have every 4*. New featurednwill have min cutoff 38 mil and old featured around 28 mil. This will reduce the number slightly in 4* from 18 mil maybe to 14 mil. 150 is too low. The debut should have had at least 400 if not 800.

I don't believe we could all Rank when we started the 4* Featured. At least not in the Vet Bracket. I Ranked when I was in Beginner. It takes time and consistent effort, like any other Arena.

You have a point, but most us here complaining are end game players. It's ridiculous that we can't compete against top spenders. We're no longer beginners.

I get the argument. I'm not trying to stop anyone from expressing their views. The point I'm making is we're all new because it's a new Arena. Which means it will take some time to grow, the same way we had to adjust to Vet. Grinding is not about one-shot Ranking. It's about doing our best and using the Resources we earn, in combination with other Resources, to Grind better the next time.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,191 ★★★★★
    Even as a grinder I believe I’m outta my league here with 150. People like verygoot has I think either 83 or 89 5*. Along with 3 6*. That’s almost 6-7 mil every 7 hours just for those. That’s not facturing in they have every 4*. New featurednwill have min cutoff 38 mil and old featured around 28 mil. This will reduce the number slightly in 4* from 18 mil maybe to 14 mil. 150 is too low. The debut should have had at least 400 if not 800.

I don't believe we could all Rank when we started the 4* Featured. At least not in the Vet Bracket. I Ranked when I was in Beginner. It takes time and consistent effort, like any other Arena.

I guess you are trying to put a positive spin on things. Like @Mixalis said we are end game people. Even though I have 40 5* and 111 4* champs I know that I don’t even have a chance at top 150. Let alone someone 300-550k pi rating. @GroundedWisdom

I get what you're saying. It's just that the bar has been raised. In a game that is always changing and growing, there's no such thing as being on top by default. Eventually we will have to be challenged to grow further.
  • We want more battlechips I think I speak for a lot of people when I say only 2k bc for every milestones is not a lot a specialy when reaching 12 millions. It should be incrimented at the top of the milestones
  • Could you please ask to team if they have a chance to rethink to change the 150 winners to 300? @Kabam Miike
  • What is the score requirement to get the ranked rewards? Like 150k for 4* basic, 350k for 4* featured. Whats that score for this one?
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,034 ★★★★★
    Demioch wrote: »
    What is the score requirement to get the ranked rewards? Like 150k for 4* basic, 350k for 4* featured. Whats that score for this one?
    1m.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Beerows wrote: »
    It’s like having 4* in both the 4* basic and featured. I like having 5* in 4* featured and 5* featured and don’t think it would be a good idea to remove them.
    I don't expect anything to change and my guess is the majority would not agree with me but I figured it was worth asking about, even if only for selfish reasons. I don't have the 5*'s and/or time to put up 15-20M for a 4* feature champ but remove 5*'s from the equation and it might be feasible. The best I've done is 8-9M in 4* basic and that took hours and hours and hours with a 12 team (36) max 3* plus 17 team (51) 3/30+ 4*'s.

While everyone complains about this arena I hope it lowers the cutoffs for 4* featured.

Fair enough, most people’s opinions on what should happen with the game are selfish. I’ll admit mine in this are. I don’t want 5* removed because the majority of my points come from 5* meaning if they were removed I’d be unable to rank as high.

I’m fairly confident it will drive the cutoff in 4* basic and featured lower since all the arena grinders will emigrate to the 5* one!
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    Everyone else " the rewards are underwhelming lets have an argument about it in the discussion post" me" wait what are you gonna do when champs who don't have a playable 5* version become the featured arena champ?"
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    What pisses me off most about the terrible rank rewards is that they'll keep people from even trying, which will just drive up the scores for top 1-10%. At the moment, there is no incentive for anyone not going for top ~20% to even get to the 1M rank score. Cut-offs are going to be a freaking gongshow.
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    Dang, Milestone rewards suck!!
  • beyonder8421beyonder8421 Posts: 881 ★★★
    I mentioned this before in other threads, but the cost for reviving a 5 or 6 stars in this arena should be compounded.
    1st time: 10 units
    2nd time: 15 units
    3rd time: 25 units
    4th time: 40 units.

For the duration of the arena. (These based on a 5 star).

That way the cutoff shouldn't go that high.

Please have this in mind @Kabam Miike
  • nelsonroanelsonroa Posts: 16
    and the basic of 5 star? :'(
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    INTEGRAL wrote: »
    Why not make the last milestone 150 m ?

Nah, 300 million at least!
  • BeelsBeels Posts: 25
    [/quote]

If your goal is just to get the Milestones for Units, etc., then I suggest a different Arena. This Arena is meant of those that are ready to compete for the top rewards.[/quote]

well the ones ready to compete for the top rewards are all uncollected already. so it makes sense that the rewards be suitable for them as gmc shards instead of phc.
  • Ghostspider231Ghostspider231 Posts: 297 ★★★
    If there is going to be a 5* featured arena then, shouldn't the featured four star arena be top 10% or at least top 5% to get the featured champ.
  • Ok besides the milestones being very bad for the new arena and the rank rewards being sub par. Yes we wanted the new 5* arena but with the 5* arena should have included the basic 5* arena. This way most grinders can have a chance to keep up and build a 5* roster just like 4* arena basics and featured arenas. The gold issue is still outta date. Each tier of milestones should be gradually increased with each higher tier of the milestone achieved. As in ranked rewards. Higher the tier better the rewards. Im not saying it should be absurdly high but come on this game has progressed so should milestone rewards.

Im not gonna touch on the phc rewards that speaks for itself. The bc do help reward more gold. In this arena just like questing. Harder content more reward but in all aspects not just certain. When have gold events harder the level more gold correct. Harder milestones to acheive more reward. Evening out the rewards with the time spent playing. In all aspect not just rank rewards. Not a pot luck chance at 15k gold for 10k battle chips. Woohoo said the crowd. Insert sarcastic woohoo. Im not saying your the person in charge reading this but the team that decides these rewards makes your job that much harder and frustrating, correct? Basic arenas are in the future and making things harder but still achievable playing even 4-6 hours a day. Thats a part time job. Like really thats the time of a part time job. Still none accessible to those who dont play 10-12 or more hours a day to even get close to making progress advancing or our rosters with 5* champs.

All in all keeping up with certain rewards, with how long this game has been out for, how much its evolved its time to step up your game literally and figuratively. Keep up with the times and more people will stay playing and complain less. Probably spend more money. Complaints are gonna be there regardless. The only time i wanna say you guys finally delivered on rewards was completion of act 5 and new war rewards. Thats it as of the last year starting from 12.0. I keep grinding and enjoy the rat race some what but its not as fun as it use to be.
    What pisses me off most about the terrible rank rewards is that they'll keep people from even trying, which will just drive up the scores for top 1-10%. At the moment, there is no incentive for anyone not going for top ~20% to even get to the 1M rank score. Cut-offs are going to be a freaking gongshow.

Agree with everything you’ve said except there is an incentive to get to 1 mil, the rank rewards. I’m going to be doing it. 1 mil for 200 5* shards isn’t that bad. There’s just no incentive to get higher than that.

In the other two current arenas you need a couple of million points to get 5* shards, so 1 mil is worth it. Just no more.
  • TempestTempest Posts: 295
    Romario26 wrote: »
    So just 150 players get a featured 5* and the rest that grind trying to get a 5* will get at best 2000 5* shards?
    Will there be a basic 5* arena soon?

No plans for a 5-Star Basic just yet, but maybe in the future.

@Kabam Miike Near future I hope? The way the new 5* arena is designed, only the very top top less than 1% of players who have a huge 5* roster and are willing to spend (to unit refresh) will have a chance to get it. it's only the top 150. That's a really, really small number. A basic version would give a much bigger pool of higher tier players a chance to get a 5* champ, even if not the shiny new one. Please consider adding it soon. Adding this arena is almost useless for almost everyone as the top prize is most likely unattainable. Adding a basic version would make a lot of players very happy.
  • I thought you were going to release a 6* featured arena and a 5* basic. 5* featured arena is useless.
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    edited February 2018
    Oh man I can't stop laughing at what you said Mike, you don't have to be uncollected to be competitive hahahahah of course all you need are trucks full of dosh.
    Everyone else " the rewards are underwhelming lets have an argument about it in the discussion post" me" wait what are you gonna do when champs who don't have a playable 5* version become the featured arena champ?"

You raise a good point. When, for example, black widow is the featured 4* champ, will the 5* featured arena have a random champ, will there be a 5* widow, or will you just never have widow, strange, Thor etc as the 4* featured?
  • GiedraGiedra Posts: 124
    @Kabam Miike many in the game have been really hoping for a 5* Basic Arena. While it is laudable that the company is bringing forward a 5* Featured Arena, it really does not help those players that have most if not all the 4* champs, but are not yet big enough to go for the 5* Featured champ. Those players have nothing to grind for, other than shards, right? There is a savory feeling of actually procuring a champ at the end of a grind - please bring the idea forward for a 5* Basic Arena. Kabam would have many happy players who are at this point in their development, without a worthwhile arena to grind.
  • bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 910 ★★★
    Good God, Miike! What is wrong with the milestones rewards?
    We all know how outdated Premium hero crystal is. Now you wanna give it in all milestones for this arena? Obnoxious! Put something else like a 3* crystal in the last few slots.

• Blax4everBlax4ever Posts: 683 ★★★
    If there is going to be a 5* featured arena then, shouldn't the featured four star arena be top 10% or at least top 5% to get the featured champ.

@Ghostspider231 that’s a good suggestion hopefully the team takes into consideration when they evaluate this new arena.

We should all voice our opinions but we should give the developers time to evolve the game.

I’m hoping they come back to the 1* and 2* Champs arena where we can get 5* shards. 7 Days 1 Million points, 2500 shards. I think 10k was a bit much but if grind it for a month 10k sounds about right.

• RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    Can you at least make the 1M milestone something good so people will have some incentive to get in the pool?
  • Justice_Evo_8Justice_Evo_8 Posts: 213 ★★
    kconrad37 wrote: »
    With the addition of the 5* featured arena, will you be removing the 5* champions from the 4* featured arena?

Nope. There will be no change to the other Arenas. We think that having more Arenas that use the same Champions will allow for a greater spread of participation, potentially making the other Arenas more accessible to all.

This is laughable. The only way to do this is to figure out a way to crack down on the massive— MASSIVE— population op players using bots in arenas. They are doing this not bc they want the champs. They are doing this bc they are using the BC’s and units gained in an arena to sell donations and items to players for a profit. I don’t think you guys understand how prevalent this is right now. It’s all over the top tier alliances. Doing this will just give them another way to get more units and BC’s each arena series now.

• SnaggleSnaggle Posts: 226 ★★
    Kabam have proven themselves to be more out-of-touch with their player base than Congress. In the words of the Orange Man, "SAD".