**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Mesmerize node in Black Panther Daily quest

Comments

• Redwulf67Redwulf67 Posts: 55
    edited February 2018
    For those of use with bad luck, the 7% becomes around 80% and combined with champs you can't combo while stunned or shrug off stuns quickly it becomes a clown fiesta.

I literally had 4 out of every 5 hits mesmerized today. Not saying it should be removed, but it is a total bs combination.
  • SlickpeteySlickpetey Posts: 89
    If anyone is genuinely having a hard time with mesmerize, just max out limber. Your stun won’t last long enough to get hit.

That being said, I really don’t find mesmerize and bane that bad. If you get unlucky you might lose a champ. It’s only 3 fights though.

I think there are bigger things in this game to complain about
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    edited February 2018
    Like I said earlier. Karnak, groot, rogue, iceman, black panther civil war. If you’re in expert and you have one of those champions then you should not be complaining. Collecternis a bs fight, not a counter to be seen. But when it’s a 3 fight match of 40k health at most, just take in one of those champs and you’ll be fine. Stop complaining and start trying. Not everything is going to be handed to you on a little silver platter with a pink bow on top.
  • VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    It's a trial of "wisdom" ... there are many different counters that can handle it, found through wisdom of mechanics... if you don't have the stronger ranked champs to handle expert mode, then you're not ready for expert mode.
  • BadroseBadrose Posts: 779 ★★★
    OMG, so you are allowing Kabam to screw us with another BS bugged node just because you can handle it? The point is not if you can beat it or not, the point is their "7%" is about 90%. What about the day we'll get the same mesmerize node in ACT6 or uncollected events?
  • SolswerdSolswerd Posts: 1,860 ★★★★
    I went through all three fights (including a Mordo) with OG BP and only got "mesmerized" once....maybe I got lucky? I don't remember it being an issue last week either.
  • GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    Dropfaith wrote: »
    Cwbp fight took nothing 6xkgocwbho7y.png

Aren't you using a r5 5*? What are you trying to prove? That a quest is easy when your champ has a higher PI than the opponent? We already know that
  • AshtontonicAshtontonic Posts: 63
    7 % to evade and stun more like a 50% in a fight while 4% (future feature crystal) or 20% (current assumption % for feature crystal) of opening a feature crystal is more like 1%...bravo
  • ZzyzxGuyZzyzxGuy Posts: 1,292 ★★★
    Use Mordo
  • vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    Rogue + limber = cheatcode
    But iceman and Karnak (keep up true strike) work just as good.

• bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 910 ★★★
    Y'all know that you will get the same boost no matter what the difficulty is, right? Just do the easy mode if you're still having problem with Hard or Expert difficulty @_ASDF_ @Robjobcbk
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    All of this just seems like a tantrum because people can’t do the event. It’s called expert difficulty for a reason. You either need to have expert skills (get around the node by parrying and hitting them when stunned, or use bane to your advantage by hitting them once every 10 seconds to reset bane) or have expert champs that would work for this challenge; iceman, Karnak, rogue, groot, BPCW

• Xthea9Xthea9 Posts: 829 ★★
    Does anyone realize how mesmerized buff gets active, for bane we can watch the timer and act accordingly, but for mesmerized buff, I have noticed when I wanted to use my special I will get that stun, so what I do is , once I have my S1 ready I try to use it but I keep myself ready to block... so I always successfully block the attack, it’s just 1 sec. so if you know you will be getting stun , you can prepare ur self. Now it’s just what I have observed, I can be wrong too. So don’t take this as prescribed med. try for ur self.
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    I hope all you people crying dont ever attempt LOL, jeez can you imagine. If you struggle with an easy challenge like this your doomed. If you play around champs abilities an nodes it's easy, you CAN parry bpcw you just need to time it right so he has no armor buffs on him when you want to transfer bane. People have already mentioned some champs to use, some more are quake, bw, icey, rogue, xbonessn many more
  • DAVIDTHDAVIDTH Posts: 224
    The events are easy, if lower players need to play then they should stick with normal or heroic. And besides the fights are extremely quick like 30-40 hits (and even less with bane)
  • DAVIDTHDAVIDTH Posts: 224
    Mesmerize is complete Bullcrap, They say it's 7% but it seems like a 45% chance or something. I did expert and I got KO in less than 2 minutes.(Had no revives or potions)

You're just bad lol
  • colbyscipio987colbyscipio987 Posts: 1,027 ★★
    DAVIDTH wrote: »
    Mesmerize is complete Bullcrap, They say it's 7% but it seems like a 45% chance or something. I did expert and I got KO in less than 2 minutes.(Had no revives or potions)

You're just bad lol

i had only rank 4s and i'm bad
  • colbyscipio987colbyscipio987 Posts: 1,027 ★★
    CpcBoyboy wrote: »
    DAVIDTH wrote: »

You're just bad lol

i had only rank 4s and i'm bad

so why no revive and potion? at ur level u should use them to win rewards

I used them on the MBJ challenge.(Didn't 100% round 4 though)
  • The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    It is true that with stronger champs like what @Dropfaith obviously has there is less likely a chance by default because there are less hits in total. If someone is using maxed 4* then typically these fights will at least go into the 30 hit range. 9 hits is just, well, bragging on roster mostly. Not really proving that you can get around mesmerize..

That said, besides iceman and coldsnap and a few other ability reducers or true strike abilities, I have seen many others get around this with the same method used for NC and Spideys.

Only hit during stun timer. Parry, heavy. Parry one two. etc. I have NOT seen a champ on this node mesmerize while stunned themselves. There's your open window. Go destroy....

Also, you can build up your SP3 and wait, if they are being defensive and it looks like you are forced to make a move, then let it be max dmg at least (they won't mesmerize and it switches bane back to them). Maybe you'll get lucky and they won't sp3 right away afterwards. It's a backup option.
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    I actually feel that they reduced the chance today.
    I fought Groot, Voodoo destroyed him with venom with 0 procs of mesmerise.
    Then I had Mordo, only 2 procs and 5* MODOK sorted him no problems.
    Lastly I had Void, I lost SL to his s3 when had 20% health left and AA finished him.
    I don't remember Void proccing mesmerise once
  • ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★
    I think it comes down to who you have available to use for the fights and who you draw to fight against. It is only 3 opponents, but if you draw a tough opponent (BPCW or Mordo) then you are more likely to lose a champ or two. The challenge is rather simple even with those champs though if you have 5/50 champs.

On my main account I used an unduped 5/50 Gwenpool and had no issues against a Mordo on mesmerize.

On my alt account I used a 4/40 Archangel and got beat, but then finished him off using a 5/50 Hyperion.
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    Mesmerize is really stupid. It's a way for you to spend potions and revives. spend units. There's no way around it. and what's worse is the Mordo Fight. Absolute garbage fight. It's a bugged fight, he should NOT activate Astral Evade.
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,874 ★★★★★
    mum_m2 wrote: »
    Mesmerize is really stupid. It's a way for you to spend potions and revives. spend units. There's no way around it. and what's worse is the Mordo Fight. Absolute garbage fight. It's a bugged fight, he should NOT activate Astral Evade.

But they hardly have any health, if that degen is killing you, then your roster is no way near strong enough mate.

Play a lower level.
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    mum_m2 wrote: »

max out limber. You're welcome.

Also, there have been numerous examples of counters to this node. You just refuse to listen to any of them.
  • CFreeCFree Posts: 491 ★★
    _ASDF_ wrote: »
    _ASDF_ wrote: »
    I posted this in the other thread about mesmerise but I think it should be said again.
    Just to clarify. I’m not a troll, I just have a different opinion, I agree that it is a cheap combination of nodes but it isn’t without it’s counters. You could use rogue or Karnak or groot to reduce stun time with limber. When my rogue is stunned on mesmerise you don’t even see the stun timer because it goes so fast. Or you could bring a champ with a high health pool and hit the opponent once every ten seconds to maximise bane damage. So unlike collector it does have a number of counters. Anyway back to mesmerise:

Here’s what I posted:

Humans are really bad at thinking about odds. A 7% chance means in 10 hits 1 should evade. That’s two combos. And with the deviation that comes with chance events it is perfectly possible that you get 3 in a 5 hit combo.

Our own confirmation bias is the reason people think mesmerise is fixed. You think oh well 7% is so small it shouldn’t really happen. But in the average fight in expert will have let’s say 35-40 hits? So each fight should have 2-3 hits that trigger mesmerise. The thing is, these are just as likely to happen at the start as at the end of the fight, so when you get one at the start and you get hit and destroyed after 4 hits, you complain that it happens far too often. But even when you get 20 hits off and then mesmerise hits twice, you ignore the 20 hits that didn’t trigger it and you focus on the two that did. Even though there’s a 93% chance to not trigger the evade so that means 0.93^20 is a 0.23 chance of it happening, or 23%. Which is fairly unlikely if you count 20 hits as one event.

It all boils down to this. Each hit is an event, there are loads of events in a match so even a small percentage becomes quite likely to occur. There’s an 80% chance after 20 hits.

Just like you, others understand math and probability. When my champs have a 25% chance to use their ability, it happens 10% of the time. When Kabam has a 7% chance, its really a 25% chance. This clearly defies the formula for probability. It isnt about the two hits per round that trigger mesmirize, its the 3-5 occurrences of the stun, with only 40-50 events that allow for the 7% chance to take effect. Quake ate through 3 of my champs, I didnt miss a perry or get struck, all through mesmerize.

Yes, you brilliantly proved the case for 80% chance of being stunned after 20 hits. Why was i being stunned every 4-5 hits? It's not probability, and its not real world math. The answer is.... Kabams RNG, which clearly runs in streaks.

It’s down to chance, I obviously can’t say with certainty that kabam don’t mess with the odds, and you can’t say with certainty they do. I just believe that with the variation that comes with chance, it’s well within the realms of possibility that a 7% chance will occur every 4 or 5 hits. Remember that just because it occurs once, doesn’t change the chance it will occur later. 9 heads in a row won’t mean that tails is more likely.

Clearly, neither of us will change the others opinion and that’s fair enough. You are welcome to continue believing that 7% is way too low. I can see how it seems that way, but I just think to myself, I notice the times it does occur way more often that the times it doesn’t. For example today, I had a 15 hit streak without it occurring, that in itself is quite unlikely even with such a small amount of hits.

I can win the lottery twice in a row, but the odds are much less in favor the second time. .

This is completely wrong.