**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Mesmerize node in Black Panther Daily quest

@Kabam Miike , you need to get rid of mesmerize. It’s complete bs. You have to have specific champs to play around it which is not fair for many players. But even having those champs may not matter when bane is involved and a passive ai.

1. Make the enemies more aggressive. If we can’t stun them to keep mesmerize to a minimum we can’t play around it.
2. Bane... mesmerize and bane? Come on...
3. 7% chance mesmerize... yeah no that is incorrect. It is a much higher number than that.

I have AA, iceman, 5* quake etc to deal with this but the opponents do not play into the rhythm of how to play against mesmerize and bane.

For reference, I face quake, mordo and void. Quake was simple. Mordo would not attack so he mesmerized my AA a couple times so his degen and bane did my health in. Void would not attack so I couldn’t keep coldsnap up because void wouldn’t use his specials either.
Then to top it off, I use stark Spider-Man because that’s who I have left. I landed 7 total hits, attempted 10 in total. Void proc’ed mesmerize 3x in 10 attempted hits.
Figure it out Kabam.

Also, to clarify I didn’t have to use potions or revives but I am a decent player with good champs. This post if for those who don’t have the champs and will
Get destroyed by this bs.

Comments

• RobjobcbkRobjobcbk Posts: 32
    I did too. Read the whole post.
  • QwertyQwerty Posts: 636 ★★★
    so then what is the issue?
    so you're complaining just to complain. got it.

bottom line is you and i, and likely, tens of thousands of players, completed the challenge without using any items. seems pretty fair to me.

level 30 players shouldn't be hitting up the expert level and other people might want to work on their skill, but the nodes aren't cheap in any way.
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    I thought it was fine. It's meant to be a challenge. I understand the point you are trying to make but don't think it's a issue.
    Mesmerize node is complete bs as you can not avoid it and I’m pretty sure the 7% is more like 20% or I’m just really unlucky lol

However the bane node is definitely manageable and very easy to beat once you get the timings of switching it over.

Both together is a huge pain in the ass just due to the unavoidable stun from mesmerize. The champs do play defensive but that’s only due to the bane node. I find all the champs with bane on play like this.

It’s the only real day where you have to concentrate out of the 6 so I don’t mind. I’ve not used a single revive or pot since the event has started and the same for my alliance.

So I believe yes it’s bs but is easily beatable at the correct level, to many people just want free rewards and are entering to early. If your finding it too difficult drop down from expert problem solve 👍

I agree with you. I only think bane is bs when combined with mesmerize because you will get stunned and hit.
    It is the only challenging day but that’s the problem. Today is only challenge because much of it isn’t skill based for the most part. The other days are too easy.
    Qwerty wrote: »
    Robjobcbk wrote: »

bottom line is you and i, and likely, tens of thousands of players, completed the challenge without using any items. seems pretty fair to me.

level 30 players shouldn't be hitting up the expert level and other people might want to work on their skill, but the nodes aren't cheap in any way.

No I am not. It’s called advocating for someone else. Kabam continues to put bs in their game and we all consistently put up with it because they’ll give us shards for compensation once in a blue moon.

Collector fight still bs
    5.4.6 Classic ultron fight (his evade directly into an attack is unavoidable unless you have Medusa)
    Juggs in 4.3.something.
    Modok event

My point is Kabam continues to create bs because we put up with it. The collector fight could’ve been an incredibly designed fight. The classic ultron fight is except his evade directly into an attack that we can’t avoid.

You are bringing zero to this conversation. Please go to another thread and bother them

I agree the collector fight is bs, Ultron's evade attack is a bug that has been fixed as far as i can tell, Modok's issue of parrying in his auto block is a bug too.

Boo hoo somebody who disagrees with you. This game isn't and shouldn't be an auto win for every player of every level.

I don’t care if you disagree with me. You haven’t brought anything of value to the conversation.

No I am not. It’s called advocating for someone else. Kabam continues to put bs in their game and we all consistently put up with it because they’ll give us shards for compensation once in a blue moon.

Collector fight still bs
    5.4.6 Classic ultron fight (his evade directly into an attack is unavoidable unless you have Medusa)
    Juggs in 4.3.something.
    Modok event

My point is Kabam continues to create bs because we put up with it. The collector fight could’ve been an incredibly designed fight. The classic ultron fight is except his evade directly into an attack that we can’t avoid.

You are bringing zero to this conversation. Please go to another thread and bother them

I agree the collector fight is bs, Ultron's evade attack is a bug that has been fixed as far as i can tell, Modok's issue of parrying in his auto block is a bug too.

Boo hoo somebody who disagrees with you. This game isn't and shouldn't be an auto win for every player of every level.

I don’t care if you disagree with me. You haven’t brought anything of value to the conversation.
    because this conversation has no substance to discuss. If you and thousands of other people can complete it without any items, why is it an issue?

You're advocating for the lower level/skilled players who are clearly punching above their weight class.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    I posted this in the other thread about mesmerise but I think it should be said again.
    Just to clarify. I’m not a troll, I just have a different opinion, I agree that it is a cheap combination of nodes but it isn’t without it’s counters. You could use rogue or Karnak or groot to reduce stun time with limber. When my rogue is stunned on mesmerise you don’t even see the stun timer because it goes so fast. Or you could bring a champ with a high health pool and hit the opponent once every ten seconds to maximise bane damage. So unlike collector it does have a number of counters. Anyway back to mesmerise:

Here’s what I posted:

Humans are really bad at thinking about odds. A 7% chance means in 10 hits 1 should evade. That’s two combos. And with the deviation that comes with chance events it is perfectly possible that you get 3 in a 5 hit combo.

Our own confirmation bias is the reason people think mesmerise is fixed. You think oh well 7% is so small it shouldn’t really happen. But in the average fight in expert will have let’s say 35-40 hits? So each fight should have 2-3 hits that trigger mesmerise. The thing is, these are just as likely to happen at the start as at the end of the fight, so when you get one at the start and you get hit and destroyed after 4 hits, you complain that it happens far too often. But even when you get 20 hits off and then mesmerise hits twice, you ignore the 20 hits that didn’t trigger it and you focus on the two that did. Even though there’s a 93% chance to not trigger the evade so that means 0.93^20 is a 0.23 chance of it happening, or 23%. Which is fairly unlikely if you count 20 hits as one event.

It all boils down to this. Each hit is an event, there are loads of events in a match so even a small percentage becomes quite likely to occur. There’s an 80% chance after 20 hits.
  • B1gG4zB1gG4z Posts: 146
    I didn’t even know it was mesmerise till my first fight haha after the first stun I realise and just did parry hit hit rinse and repeat. Never triggered it once after that. So you don’t need specific champs you just need the skill to play around the node itself.
  • SnaggleSnaggle Posts: 226 ★★

Collector fight still bs
    Juggs in 4.3.something.
    Modok event

You just Tom Brady'd that kid. Absolutely destroyed.
    _ASDF_ wrote: »
    I posted this in the other thread about mesmerise but I think it should be said again.
    Just to clarify. I’m not a troll, I just have a different opinion, I agree that it is a cheap combination of nodes but it isn’t without it’s counters. You could use rogue or Karnak or groot to reduce stun time with limber. When my rogue is stunned on mesmerise you don’t even see the stun timer because it goes so fast. Or you could bring a champ with a high health pool and hit the opponent once every ten seconds to maximise bane damage. So unlike collector it does have a number of counters. Anyway back to mesmerise:

Here’s what I posted:

Humans are really bad at thinking about odds. A 7% chance means in 10 hits 1 should evade. That’s two combos. And with the deviation that comes with chance events it is perfectly possible that you get 3 in a 5 hit combo.

Our own confirmation bias is the reason people think mesmerise is fixed. You think oh well 7% is so small it shouldn’t really happen. But in the average fight in expert will have let’s say 35-40 hits? So each fight should have 2-3 hits that trigger mesmerise. The thing is, these are just as likely to happen at the start as at the end of the fight, so when you get one at the start and you get hit and destroyed after 4 hits, you complain that it happens far too often. But even when you get 20 hits off and then mesmerise hits twice, you ignore the 20 hits that didn’t trigger it and you focus on the two that did. Even though there’s a 93% chance to not trigger the evade so that means 0.93^20 is a 0.23 chance of it happening, or 23%. Which is fairly unlikely if you count 20 hits as one event.

It all boils down to this. Each hit is an event, there are loads of events in a match so even a small percentage becomes quite likely to occur. There’s an 80% chance after 20 hits.

Just like you, others understand math and probability. When my champs have a 25% chance to use their ability, it happens 10% of the time. When Kabam has a 7% chance, its really a 25% chance. This clearly defies the formula for probability. It isnt about the two hits per round that trigger mesmirize, its the 3-5 occurrences of the stun, with only 40-50 events that allow for the 7% chance to take effect. Quake ate through 3 of my champs, I didnt miss a perry or get struck, all through mesmerize.

Yes, you brilliantly proved the case for 80% chance of being stunned after 20 hits. Why was i being stunned every 4-5 hits? It's not probability, and its not real world math. The answer is.... Kabams RNG, which clearly runs in streaks.

It’s down to chance, I obviously can’t say with certainty that kabam don’t mess with the odds, and you can’t say with certainty they do. I just believe that with the variation that comes with chance, it’s well within the realms of possibility that a 7% chance will occur every 4 or 5 hits. Remember that just because it occurs once, doesn’t change the chance it will occur later. 9 heads in a row won’t mean that tails is more likely.

Clearly, neither of us will change the others opinion and that’s fair enough. You are welcome to continue believing that 7% is way too low. I can see how it seems that way, but I just think to myself, I notice the times it does occur way more often that the times it doesn’t. For example today, I had a 15 hit streak without it occurring, that in itself is quite unlikely even with such a small amount of hits.
  • Also ich bin mit Thor,sw,Voodoo,sl und MS Marvel lässig ohne Probleme durch nicht Mal einer down gegangen :smiley:
    Dropfaith wrote: »
    Cwbp fight took nothing 6xkgocwbho7y.png

Luck.

So why is it luck when the odds are in your favour but kabam messing with the odds when it goes against you? Confirmation bias.

Here’s what I posted:

Just like you, others understand math and probability. When my champs have a 25% chance to use their ability, it happens 10% of the time. When Kabam has a 7% chance, its really a 25% chance. This clearly defies the formula for probability. It isnt about the two hits per round that trigger mesmirize, its the 3-5 occurrences of the stun, with only 40-50 events that allow for the 7% chance to take effect. Quake ate through 3 of my champs, I didnt miss a perry or get struck, all through mesmerize.

Yes, you brilliantly proved the case for 80% chance of being stunned after 20 hits. Why was i being stunned every 4-5 hits? It's not probability, and its not real world math. The answer is.... Kabams RNG, which clearly runs in streaks.

It’s down to chance, I obviously can’t say with certainty that kabam don’t mess with the odds, and you can’t say with certainty they do. I just believe that with the variation that comes with chance, it’s well within the realms of possibility that a 7% chance will occur every 4 or 5 hits. Remember that just because it occurs once, doesn’t change the chance it will occur later. 9 heads in a row won’t mean that tails is more likely.

Clearly, neither of us will change the others opinion and that’s fair enough. You are welcome to continue believing that 7% is way too low. I can see how it seems that way, but I just think to myself, I notice the times it does occur way more often that the times it doesn’t. For example today, I had a 15 hit streak without it occurring, that in itself is quite unlikely even with such a small amount of hits.

Thats condescendingly obvious that something can happen twice in a row with each occurrence having a 7% chance. I can win the lottery twice in a row, but the odds are much less in favor the second time. ALL this, the point being that in 3 separate rounds with quake, the odds of me being mesmerized 8-10 times, meaning for every 4-5 hits, the odds of the event continue to occur reduce exponentially as it 'occurs at a rate higher than 7%.

bro, we get it, your defending your math knowledge but this is the world of online gaming and not real world odds. MCOC's odds rely on Kabams fabulous "RNG".

Not trying to be condescending. I thought it was worth stating and I’m sorry you took offence. I’m just trying to have a discussion with someone who has a different opinion. Apparently with you it’s impossible, since I’m not allowed to express my own opinion as I’m “defending my math(s) knowledge”. I’m not defending anything, I’m simply putting across the well studied and psychologically proven, by men and women smarter than you or I in that area, fact that people see what they want to with statistics.

You are actually wrong with part of what you’ve said here. The odds of the lottery do not change the second time you enter if you win the first time. Unless you’ve just phrased it wrong, it seems like you’re saying that for the lottery; if it’s 1 in 100,000 the first time you said that the odds are less in favour the second time, implying it’s 1 in 200,000 or something. What I think you meant was that overall, it’s very low probability that you’d win the lottery twice. The odds remain the same.
  • AxeCopFireAxeCopFire Posts: 1,115 ★★★

Luck.

Lol excuses easy node how about get good

When confronted with difficulty some people would rather complain and believe that everything in the world is specifically out to get them instead of actually finding a way to overcome their problems.

Luck.

So why is it luck when the odds are in your favour but kabam messing with the odds when it goes against you? Confirmation bias.

I said luck because he's proud of his ability to not get hit, but i'm being sarcastic because it had nothing to do with skill. The odds worked out for him, had everything to do with the strength of his champ, reducing the number of hits needed to kill BP, reducing the likely hood of being mez'd and the fact that he wasnt mez'd once even though as you would've pointed out he had an ever increasing chance of being mez'd . Do you even math bro?

I agree with you that it’s luck. But that also means that when you flip it the other way, it’s bad luck when the odds go against you. Nothing I have said in that post has contradicted my stance I’ve has throughout this thread. I don’t know why you’re being oddly aggressive but seeing as you haven’t had a problem with me before, then if you can’t just have a normal debate with someone with a different opinion than you then it either points to you just looking for arguments, or you can’t back up your points with enough evidence or facts so you need to try and insult me.