**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

5-Star Featured Arena Discussion Thread

Comments

• FthewiggFthewigg Posts: 104
    God bless the “ignore” feature. Just added another irritant to the list, which will make these posts so much easier and more enjoyable to read. I highly recommend you all do the same.
  • SmellyteleSmellytele Posts: 17
    I haven't seen anything official about the champ requirements to keep an infinite streak in the new arena. Can we please have that info ahead of time? It would be very helpful and MUCH appreciated.
  • Kabam Miike wrote: »
    » show previous quotes

If you think this Arena will be too difficult, you might just not be ready for it. This is why we have multiple Arenas that offer Champions of all different Rarities. You can snag a 3-Star Featured, 4-Star Basic, or 4-Star Featured Hero from other Arenas, and build your roster until you can compete in the 5-Star Featured Hero Arena.

???
    Say this after giving the character properly.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    5 stars shard only provides redundancy
  • Will the bracket system still apply to the 5* featured arena? And if yes. What will be begginer and intermediate cutoff for the arena? And will the rewards be changed? Like in intermediate, featured 4* is 1-200 and not 1-800.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    SHANU_19 wrote: »
    Will the bracket system still apply to the 5* featured arena? And if yes. What will be begginer and intermediate cutoff for the arena? And will the rewards be changed? Like in intermediate, featured 4* is 1-200 and not 1-800.

No Brackets for the 5 * Featured Arena.
  • I haven’t seen anywhere that says how much gold per entry this arena will cost.
  • I’m guessing that is a little tidbit they have strategically decided not to mention because it will piss us all off.
  • GreywardenGreywarden Posts: 843 ★★★★
    If the people that hired mercs and bots to do their arena grinding were banned or excluded from this arena it wouldn't be the worst. But throw in the fact that people are cheating with no consequences and it makes this arena very lackluster.
    edited February 2018
    @SHANU_19 there will be no bracket system
    @TheSickmaster I believe I saw 500 gold per match
    @Greywarden I could not possibly agree more. I almost always place in top 60 of all 4 star feature arenas, but since I won’t pay to refresh, hire mercs, or use bots, I know I have absolutely no chance at top 150. I’m convinced this violation of TOS will be overlooked
    @Kabam Miike I would really appreciate if you addressed my previous question
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    I'm not really happy about the milestones in this arena, but the fact that there will be 150 people at the top who get a featured 5* doesn't really affect me. That's such a small percentage of the player base and the people who go for it probably already get all the newest champs anyways. I'm just going to use my 5*s to get the million points required for rank rewards and leave it at that. The guys at the top can have fun fighting for a top 150 spot. 😉

P.S. Its really going to suck for rank 151. Glad I'm not putting in the time to get that close and not get the featured champ.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Spurgeo14 wrote: »
    I'm not really happy about the milestones in this arena, but the fact that there will be 150 people at the top who get a featured 5* doesn't really affect me. That's such a small percentage of the player base and the people who go for it probably already get all the newest champs anyways. I'm just going to use my 5*s to get the million points required for rank rewards and leave it at that. The guys at the top can have fun fighting for a top 150 spot. 😉

P.S. Its really going to suck for rank 151. Glad I'm not putting in the time to get that close and not get the featured champ.

Even worse, you get such a measly amount of 5* shards as a consolation
  • MattScottMattScott Posts: 587 ★★
    The only difference i can see. Which players are not accounting for is SA score with the milestones. Since they are full PHC’s they will contribute a lot more points than the shards from any other arenas.
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,872 ★★★★★
    Get ready for the most ridiculous arena score you have ever seen.

Wish I was rich and couple P money away
  • Stara99Stara99 Posts: 423 ★★
    edited February 2018
    @Kabam Miike you didn’t answer last time I’ll try again. Since you can’t do 4&5* featured and possible rank could you bring this suggestion to the “team”. Grinding and getting 28,29,30 million+ and not ranking top 150 can and will be crushing just for some shards that probably 12 million would get. Maybe make too 10% or even 5% get the 4* featured champ along with the shards. Not the greatest compromise but would lessen that hurt feeling for not getting the 5* featured champ. @Kabam Miike
  • Stara99 wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike you didn’t answer last time I’ll try again. Since you can’t do 4&5* featured and possible rank could you bring this suggestion to the “team”. Grinding and getting 28,29,30 million+ and not ranking top 150 can and will be crushing just for some shards that probably 12 million would get. Maybe make too 10% or even 5% get the 4* featured champ along with the shards. Not the greatest compromise but would lessen that hurt feeling for not getting the 5* featured champ. @Kabam Miike

The same thing was pointed out for the 4* featured and even 4* basic arenas. It makes a presumption: that the devs *want* to remove the pain of missing the top bracket. But that pain is what drives people to compete as hard as possible for the very top rewards. It is almost certainly not an accident it is there. It is deliberately there. So what's the good reason for removing it? It can't just be that its painful to miss. The devs might actually deliberately want it to be painful to miss. That's why fourth place doesn't just have a smaller medal in the Olympics. I'm pretty sure the pain of coming in fourth in the Olympics is several orders of magnitude higher than missing the 5* featured champ is going to be.
  • i do feel the top rank with 150 is a little small, but that may change over time, even if its way less then the old (pre 12.0) arena.
    but in my opinion the next rank down is worse.
    in the featured 4* if you miss the full 4* champ you get 40% of a 'basic' 4* crystal as the reward while in the 5* arena you only get 20%.
    what i want to say is, the scaling is off. yes 2k shards is still a good prize, but combining the small feature rank of only 150 with the very big dropoff to 1/5 of a basic we will see the gap between big spenders and the normal player not spending 4+ odins a week for arena alone grow allot faster than today.
    putting gmc in the milestones could help there. and i know the arena isnt only for us uncollected, but when kabam started the gmc they did send everyone a gmc if im not mistaken, so there is a precedent of gmc given to players not yet finished with 5.2.
    i assume well see a basic 5* arena when killmonger is coming back as a basic and that will help to catch up to the top a little. but i fear the gap might be to big by then.
  • LilJohLilJoh Posts: 52
    Please consider integrating t1a and T4B Into milestones
    With 12 million as the last milestone it’s gonna be really hard to get T4B and t1a along side this arena. On top of that we’re going to need a significantly larger amount of these resources given the amount of 5* shards we’ll potentially be reaping from this arena. Thank you for your consideration.
  • RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    Need to at least boost the unit rewards from milestones. Having at least some decent unit gain from the milestones might attract more people from the 4* basic and featured arenas. The way it is now I don't think many will migrate as the grind will be insanely high.
  • Riegel wrote: »
    Need to at least boost the unit rewards from milestones. Having at least some decent unit gain from the milestones might attract more people from the 4* basic and featured arenas. The way it is now I don't think many will migrate as the grind will be insanely high.

By definition if not many players "migrate" to the 5* featured arena, the grind won't be insanely high to get very good rank rewards.

This falls into the category of "no one goes there any more because it is too crowded."
  • how can i get 5 star hero crystal shards
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    @DNA3000 Yogi Berra! Love him.
  • gasmaskdudegasmaskdude Posts: 40
    What you people whining about dont understand is Kabam doesnt want the average person to grind in this arena, they want aquatic mammals.
  • CFreeCFree Posts: 491 ★★
    What you people whining about dont understand is Kabam doesnt want the average person to grind in this arena, they want aquatic mammals.
    They want dolphins?

• What you people whining about dont understand is Kabam doesnt want the average person to grind in this arena, they want aquatic mammals.

3165ec00491ae41da5c1fbe6f29d5b9d.gif
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    Zuko_ILC wrote: »
    @GroundedWisdom I’d like to read other people’s opinions. I’ve read yours over a dozen times.

I'm sorry. I was unaware that you're in control of who participates. If not, please feel free to go to my Profile and click Ignore on the drop down. I'll most likely continue to participate in the Thread, so that may be the best option for you.

Why do you come on the forums just to argue with people? People are allowed to have different opinions. All I see in most threads are you going back and forth with someone changing the topic that is posted which is against forum rules. Why dont you just let people have their opinion and allow this forum to be their voice like it's supposed to. It get old seeing you in every thread arguing with people, this isn't the place for that. Maybe pm them.

Having an opinion is fine with me. I will not allow someone to dictate whether I participate or not.
    By the way, you're keeping it off-topic now.
    @Zuko_ILC I highly, highly, HIGHLY recommend you follow the advice you were given. It will greatly improve your forum experience. It’s super simple and utterly worth it. When a bleep falls in the forest and no one hears it, no one gives a bleep...
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,503 ★★★★★
    Fthewigg wrote: »
    @Zuko_ILC I highly, highly, HIGHLY recommend you follow the advice you were given. It will greatly improve your forum experience. It’s super simple and utterly worth it. When a bleep falls in the forest and no one hears it, no one gives a bleep...

I'm not sure what you mean.