**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Who is Worth a Generic 4* Gem?

taojay1taojay1 Posts: 1,062 ★★★
I currently have 2 basic awakening gems, been saving them for a rly good pull that has yet to come. Wanted to get the community's opinion on who is still worth awakening in this state of the game? My current r5 four stars are sl, sw, rogue, cap ww2, dorm. Current r4 5 stars are starky (unduped), drax, ws. Also have 6 star bb.
Obviously, I haven't pulled any other god tiers that need awakening (like voodoo, aa, blade), but who else should I consider for a basic gem?

Comments

• DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,481 ★★★★★
    edited February 2018
    I would only consider the following 4*’s “durable” enough for hard content: SW, GR, Voodoo, Magik, AA, Iceman, Wolverine, Rogue, Quake, WW2, Blade, GwenPool, HE, Stark Spidey, SL, Vision, Hypo, Thor, Medusa.

Opinions may differ, and I may have missed a couple, but I still find those champs useful in a number of ways. For Act 5, however, they will take a lot of parry damage, which limits their utility. But they can all clear most EQ content if handled well.

Dr. Zola
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,281 ★★★★★
    edited February 2018
    DrZola wrote: »
    I would only consider the following 4*’s “durable” enough for hard content: SW, GR, Voodoo, Magik, AA, Iceman, Wolverine, Rogue, Quake, WW2, Blade, GwenPool, HE, Stark Spidey, SL, Vision, Hypo, Thor, Medusa.

Opinions may differ, and I may have missed a couple, but I still find those champs useful in a number of ways. For Act 5, however, they will take a lot of parry damage, which limits their utility. But they can all clear most EQ content if handled well.

Dr. Zola

Daredevil?

Possibly not worth a generic gem, mind you. Class awakening, but not generic.
  • RedRoosterRedRooster Posts: 337 ★★
    taojay1 wrote: »
    I currently have 2 basic awakening gems, been saving them for a rly good pull that has yet to come. Wanted to get the community's opinion on who is still worth awakening in this state of the game? My current r5 four stars are sl, sw, rogue, cap ww2, dorm. Current r4 5 stars are starky (unduped), drax, ws. Also have 6 star bb.
    Obviously, I haven't pulled any other god tiers that need awakening (like voodoo, aa, blade), but who else should I consider for a basic gem?

Out of your roster, I would only recommend dropping a generic on SW or SL. I'm of the opinion that Starky does benefit from awakening, but not to the point of dropping a generic. SL and SW are completely different champs awakened and unawakened.

The two at the top of my list that aren't in yours:

Magik. Awakening her makes her a viable defender for AW. However, it also makes her great for nodes where you take unavoidable damage. If she is proccing limbo, she can get health back quite frequently.

Wolverine is also "made" by awakening him.

Iceman is an honourable mention, because coldsnap at the start of a fight can make it easy for you to pin evasion champs and you can keep reapplying with an sp1 before it drops off.
  • Moved this discussion to the Strategy and Tips section of the forum.
  • StrStr Posts: 547 ★★
    I agree with redrooster. Guy knows his stuff.

Sw would probably get more initial content cleared than an sl. She can do nearly all of act 4 on her own and a fair bit of act 5.
  • GolanshuGolanshu Posts: 38
    Sw, wolverine, sl, blade, maphisto, angela,voddo,magik, hulk, void
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    @Golanshu Angela? Quite honestly the worst signature ability in the game.

To the OP - Voodoo, Star Lord, Wolverine, SW, Blade, AA, and honorable mention Magik if you want to boost your defense. However, if you have a six star, I can only assume you're pretty far along in the game and you know this already. If you have a couple generics, pull the trigger on a new champ and get some use out of them before you just leave the game.
  • javedahmed56javedahmed56 Posts: 86
    Awaken SW or SL, I would personally prefer SW.
  • Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,305 ★★★
    Don't do sw if you can't take her sig up
    Otherwise do sl
  • taojay1taojay1 Posts: 1,062 ★★★
    Lol sorry guys, just to be clear: I've completed act 5, and all the four stars that I mentioned are already duped. I also have magik at r4 duped, but can't afford to rank her up atm. Thanks for all the advice so far!
  • DingaloDingalo Posts: 355
    Voodoo, AA, Wolverine, Blade, SL, *Hulk, SW (kind of relies on high sig level). Out of everyone in Cosmic class, I would say Medusa is most positively affected by her Awakening, so maybe her.

Champs like Gwenpool, Iceman, Rogue, Hyperion, X23, Magik, Hawkeye, Vision and Stark Spidey all are affected nicely by their awakened abilities, but IMO not worthy of Generic Awakening gem. MAYBE Iceman if evaders really piss you off lol.

*Hulk might be in that middle category as well, he's just a personal favorite that i used a generic on and he really helped me through act 5 BIG TIME. I don't regret it!
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,481 ★★★★★
    DrZola wrote: »

Dr. Zola

Daredevil?

Possibly not worth a generic gem, mind you. Class awakening, but not generic.

Sorry for delay...just saw this. Possibly, depending on what your needs were. But I agree class more appropriate.

DZ