Options

5* red shard offer

Did anyone buy this? Where I'm from this would cost about $500 for 10,000 red shards and a chance to get IP. What world are these guys living in? I could buy an Xbox1 and two games for that price!

Comments

• Options
    JFerg114JFerg114 Posts: 122
    Then that would be your choice to do what you want with your money. And I am pretty sure we are all living in the same world if you are getting this reply!
  • Options
    QuizarchQuizarch Posts: 12
    Oh wow, you bought it. Good on you, wish I had that sort off money but I'd probably buy a gold plated iPhone case. What champ did you get for your money? For $500 it would be great to be able to at least choose your champ!
  • Options
    K1lltasticK1lltastic Posts: 674 ★★★
    Quizarch wrote: »
    Oh wow, you bought it. Good on you, wish I had that sort off money but I'd probably buy a gold plated iPhone case. What champ did you get for your money? For $500 it would be great to be able to at least choose your champ!

So you're assuming that people only spend money on the game, and don't also hoard resources, such as units, to make purchases like that, but without spending their money?

Odd paradigm.
  • Options
    QuizarchQuizarch Posts: 12
    K1lltastic wrote: »

So you're assuming that people only spend money on the game, and don't also hoard resources, such as units, to make purchases like that, but without spending their money?

Odd paradigm.

Really good point!

I guess my point is that there is an associated monetary value of units and for that many units I just find the offer poor.

For a game in decline their offers are ludicrous.
  • Options
    hero3hero3 Posts: 112
  • Options
    this guy is hilarious but true. your choice though. personal preference. the app does say in-app purchases.
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,902 ★★★★★
    edited June 2017
    What does everybody think 5* shards are really worth, considering the opportunity costs of time?

Example (time taken varies for each individual): To form a full 5* crystal.
    365 days playing 4 hours everyday.

Assuming able to obtain paid work at $5 per hour (too much? or too little?) and not playing.

This works out to $7,300. Ok, too ridiculous.
    Let's change the rate to $0.5 per hour. The new figure is $730. Wait, still too high.

What about rate at $0.05? $73 total.

I personally can't imagine paying $73 for a 5* crystal. I can understand if others think it is fine.

Of course, $73 is not the price. It's just illustration.

• Options
    NoobeeusNoobeeus Posts: 332 ★★
    As I have mentioned in previous threads the economy in this game is seriously broken.

Just by playing the game for a few hours a day (if you are in a good alliance) you can get 200x PHC, 10x 3* and 4x 4* per month.

Or the equivalent of 34000 units worth of crystals. Depending on the amount of sig 99 champs you have you will most likely get a few more 3* and 4* shards equalling more units.

This is roughly 11 odins worth of crystals per month for free. Or about USD $1100.

Which brings the question why does anyone spend anything on this game?

Especially when a 4* crystal will cost 2500 units or about USD $80

Extrapolate that out into a 5* and if you were to solely use 4* dupes (lets assume no sig 99 champs) it will take 36x 4* dupes to get enough shards for a 5*. In order to get that many offers you will need to purchase 360x 3* crystals and 3600x PHC

Costing a whopping 237600 units or 77 odins or USD $7700

Obviously people can earn 5* shards and the whales will have lots of sig 99 4* champs significantly reducing the amount of 4* dupes needed to get more shards, but no matter what way you look at it 8000 units for 10000 shards is a good deal....
  • Options
    $73 not even the price of a full 4*.....

but someone gotta provide the income. if got money then spend to progress faster. thats how gaming works
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,311 ★★★★★
    I spend for many reasons. I love the game, it's my main hobby, I can afford it, and it makes the game possible. My money, my choice. At the same time, I don't tell others to spend, and I don't judge them either way. If they want to spend, great. If they don't want to, great. :)
  • Options
    I spend for many reasons. I love the game, it's my main hobby, I can afford it, and it makes the game possible. My money, my choice. At the same time, I don't tell others to spend, and I don't judge them either way. If they want to spend, great. If they don't want to, great. :)

totally agree with you mate. better than me spending my whole weekend glued to the screen grinding hehheee
  • Options
    i used to dislike spender is because a guy in the past near beginning claimed to beat realm of legends without spending a cent on the game. clearly he had a 4* red deadpool as his top champ. you cannot obtain this champ without buying the original pack. and he continued to deny this.
    thers nothing wrong with dropping some coin. just dont mislead people about it. as many know realms of legend at start was difficult as. none of these OP champs to use etc...
  • Options
    ManiacalMeManiacalMe Posts: 57
    K1lltastic wrote: »

Odd paradigm.

Really good point!

I guess my point is that there is an associated monetary value of units and for that many units I just find the offer poor.

For a game in decline their offers are ludicrous.

For the record bro, I don't feel like that amount of work is worth one 5* crystal. I understand that having those units already would seem like a decent deal. We only get about one 5* a month, I think it should start to be a bit more than that soon. I'm sure I could get more if I spent a bit more time in the arena so I could dupe more. But 10k units? I just don't see a reason where 1 shard should equal 1 unit. I think the 49.99$ offer for a 4* crystal was too much with the state the game is and where it's headed. Maybe that's just me. I don't know.