With the availability of 6 star champs should 4 star awakening gems be made available?

jtzmeisterjtzmeister Member Posts: 6
edited February 2018 in Suggestions and Requests

With the availability of 6 star champs should 4 star awakening gems be made available? 82 votes

Yes
79% 65 votes
No
20% 17 votes

Comments

• jtzmeisterjtzmeister Member Posts: 6
    By available I meant as in greater solo crystals because 4 stars gems are available but insanely difficult to get by majority of players, even by those who have spent years on the game
  • ZzyzxGuyZzyzxGuy Member Posts: 1,292 ★★★
    jtzmeister wrote: »
    By available I meant as in greater solo crystals because 4 stars gems are available but insanely difficult to get by majority of players, even by those who have spent years on the game

Eh, not really. I have several that have been in my inventory forever.
    @ZzyzxGuy can you elaborate for us casual players how to get 4* awakening gems apart from those extremely difficult quests/events
  • VuskaVuska Member Posts: 175
    Change it to 5*
  • SolswerdSolswerd Member Posts: 1,870 ★★★★
    To be honest....if you are that much in need for 4* awakening gems, the release of 6*s likely has no impact on you in terms of where you are in the game.
  • JonnyThunder_9JonnyThunder_9 Member Posts: 4
    I’d rather see 5* Awakening Gems become available.
  • DiablosUltimateDiablosUltimate Member Posts: 1,021 ★★★
    edited February 2018
    This argument "With 6stars release should we get some free stuff" never worked and never will because its just illogical and invalid. It's not like content that was in game before release of 6star champions has became any harder to justify making game easier for newer players than it was for veteran players. It's only fair that you have to walk same way that I had to walk to find yourself in place where I am now, and "but there are 6star champions in game now" argument is just unrelated in any way
  • SolswerdSolswerd Member Posts: 1,870 ★★★★
    ViperKingV wrote: »
    Solswerd wrote: »
    To be honest....if you are that much in need for 4* awakening gems, the release of 6*s likely has no impact on you in terms of where you are in the game.

There is a huge luck element in the game that has created a large gap between players that have been able to pull Featured 5* Champs and top tier champs from basic 5* crystals and the rest of the players. (I have 3 unawakened featured 5*s (3/22). 1 feat 5* from the GMFCs 1 for ??? I have a duped SL & Ultron the rest of my 5* champs are below average tier and not worth the resources to rank to R2. All of this forces me to be reliant on 4* champs. I refuse to waste anymore money on the GMFCs with their ridiculous odds, so 4* champs are still relevant in my game unfortunately. 4* AGs should be made more available.

I was disagreeing with using the release of 6*s to leverage your argument. Their release has no impact on your situation. Was NOT claiming 4*s are useless...I have had less luck than you have on 5*s with only a unduped Rogue as a stand out...and used my 4*s to get Uncollected.

I have no problem with them making 4* awakenings more avaliable.(I am not in great need for them, myself)..was just saying I don't think 6* have anything to do with it. I agree with @DiablosUltimate on that point.
  • Cryptic_CobraCryptic_Cobra Member Posts: 532 ★★★

There is a huge luck element in the game that has created a large gap between players that have been able to pull Featured 5* Champs and top tier champs from basic 5* crystals and the rest of the players. (I have 3 unawakened featured 5*s (3/22). 1 feat 5* from the GMFCs 1 for ??? I have a duped SL & Ultron the rest of my 5* champs are below average tier and not worth the resources to rank to R2. All of this forces me to be reliant on 4* champs. I refuse to waste anymore money on the GMFCs with their ridiculous odds, so 4* champs are still relevant in my game unfortunately. 4* AGs should be made more available.
    Luck is a huge factor? Um no... not at all, at least not for the factors you say they do. For starters luck has absolutely nothing to do with the rate at which you can open featured crystals, that is entirely dependent on skill, and play time. (mostly play time) if you don’t put the work in then you drastically lower the rate you gain dups on your 4*, and 5* shards. By the time 6* champs are even a factor for you, you should have opened hundreads of 4* champs, andunless your 1/1 billion, you will have multiple quality champs already dupped (not to mention all the 4* Ag deals we get that you could easily take advantage of if your a smart player)
    It’s nice to get free stuff, but your implying there is a need where there in fact isn’t one. There is not a huge gap as you seem to believe. One of my accounts is a little over 1 year old and is already approaching 400k, with a total of $70 spent (hardly a whale). On top of that my drop rate on good champs is well below the average, which I make up for by playing the content and getting more chances. The only gap in the player base are the people that try and the people that whine... you just so happen to whine.
  • RedRoosterRedRooster Member Posts: 337 ★★
    The addition of 6* champs already has a trickle down effect on the game. Kabam know that for 6* champs to become available in the game they need to increase 4* and 5* shards accordingly. You see larger 4* and 5* shards rewards in monthly events and calendars than ever before. As a consequence, you are more likely to duplicate a champ.

Now they've added a 5* featured arena, everyone is migrating to a tier up, the 4* basic arena cutoffs are at manageable levels. The need for 4* AGs is actually declining.
  • ViperKingVViperKingV Member Posts: 111

I was disagreeing with using the release of 6*s to leverage your argument. Their release has no impact on your situation. Was NOT claiming 4*s are useless...I have had less luck than you have on 5*s with only a unduped Rogue as a stand out...and used my 4*s to get Uncollected.

I have no problem with them making 4* awakenings more avaliable.(I am not in great need for them, myself)..was just saying I don't think 6* have anything to do with it. I agree with @DiablosUltimate on that point.

To be clear, I think progression for new players should be slowed down. I don’t think the game should be made easier for them or anyone (Other than Kabam fixing the bugs & play issues currently impacting the game). I would also rather see 5* AGs than 4* AGs, but Not for sale or easily obtained. (maybe as shards over time). Anyone who says 6* champs don’t effect 5* & 4* champs, either doesn’t understand how the fight mechanics work in MCoC, or they are saying that the existence of 6* champs doesn’t weaken 4* champs unless you are doing uncollected quests. If you aren’t facing 6* Defenders you aren’t impacted by their introduction to the Game. My advice for newer players would be to focus on building your 4* Rosters and not even think about 6* champs. As for luck being a big factor in the 5*/6* game, I think it is. There are things players can do to maximize the number of 5* crystals you get to open, but the odds are still against you, in terms of pulling Top Tier champs. In 2 weeks there will be players who will have duped Blades and there will be players who open 6 feature 5* crystals and wind up with 6 unduped champs that won’t help them in any way. You can say luck isn’t a big factor, but AQ & AW are a lot easier when you have 3 or 4 top tier champs.
  • bm3eppsbm3epps Member Posts: 1,157 ★★★
    ZzyzxGuy wrote: »
    jtzmeister wrote: »

Eh, not really. I have several that have been in my inventory forever.

everyones situation isn't the same..I'm sure those that don't greatly outweighs those that does
  • colbyscipio987colbyscipio987 Member Posts: 1,027 ★★
    Who put no -_-
  • bm3eppsbm3epps Member Posts: 1,157 ★★★
    edited February 2018
    TheBlet wrote: »
    this is a great idea since 4* is the new 3*

depends on which 4* really..not all are slouch.. especially at maxed
  • Cryptic_CobraCryptic_Cobra Member Posts: 532 ★★★
    TheBlet wrote: »
    this is a great idea since 4* is the new 3*
    It’s way to early to say this, 6* champs are not yet a significant aspect to the game. The day kabam announces future content will be based on 5* champs is the day you can say 4* champs are the new 3*
    I would like point out that in the recently completed Michael B Jordan's challenge there was a 6* BP (civil war) as the final boss in chapter 4 (6* champs have adrenaline, hit regenerates health) and if that's any indication future content will have 5* and 6* champs as hurdles to overcome so for relatively newer players even with decent skills those challenges are just not possible to overcome without dupped champs. What fun would it be for newer players if limited time quests with high difficulty become something not even worth trying because of lack of something other than skill?