**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Blade Wars!!! Who has the most wins

Comments

• Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,047 ★★★★★
    Saiyan wrote: »
    Some of you guys haven't been paying attention at all. Kabam as of some months now buff/nurf champs mostly by introducing new characters. Void, Modok, Gulk, Killmonger, etc. All those champs nerf other champs with their abilities and play style and at the same time buff others with their synergies. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say either Bishop, Sabertooth or Sentinel will be a HARD counter for Blade. Sentinel makes sense as he should reduce ability acc overall and Bishop absorbs energy and is a mutant so we'll have to wait and see.

As it stands, as someone above said, Cable is a good counter for Blade as of now on defense but that only works if the attacker decides to even use Blade, remember, they have 2 other champs also and if it's the Holy Trinity then Spidey destroys Cable.

You cant see defenders on nodes
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    weavile wrote: »
    DAVIDTH wrote: »
    Luke Cage, Cable, Abomination, HEROES, Collosus, Agent Venom, and Bleed immune champions are great Blade counters

If you watched Seatin’s free to play act 5 completion video and saw him destroy the act 5 ultron boss with blade rank 4 4* then you wouldn’t say that bleed Immune is a great counter for him. Obviously he isn’t as good against them but still

He probably had the villain synergy is why

That’s irrelevant. My point was that blade can still take down a bleed Immune enemy with over 190k health (I think). Even with danger sense active with a 100% attack boost that means he takes down an enemy with close to 95k health with regen, possible power gain, armour and fury with no issues. Why does that make colossus with 30k health a problem?

the villain synergy shut down all regen, armor and fury so all he have to do is pounding on a walking punching bag

@weavile @BitterSteel neither of you understand what danger sense does, do you? This statement is about as correct as one of president trumps statements.

Danger sense doesnt automatically shut down those abilities. It has up to about a 56% or so reduction with stark and GR. So if you think thats unfair, why arent you asking for Gwen Pool to get nerfed since she can gain 100% ability accuracy reduction?

I think you’ve misunderstood me. I don’t think blade should be nerfed. I was just pointing out that colossus or other bleed immune champs aren’t good counters to blade simply because they’re bleed immune. I know what danger sense does, look back at what I’ve said, I spoke about the attack boost and I said “possible power gain” (I meant to say possible about the armour, fury and regen too) because I know that danger sense reduces ability accuracy.

I don’t think anything about blade is unfair, you need to read posts more carefully

So whats the 100% attack boost then? Blade doesnt have that? Also, with bleed immune, blade loses his ability to power gain since it increases with champs under bleed effect. With Colossus, he would lose that and danger sense wont activate.
  • Options
    SaiyanSaiyan Posts: 727 ★★★★
    @Demonzfyre, I see no reason to use Blade for an unknown Mutant character if you have Sparky. That was the point. Even if you don't have Sparky, I don't ever see anyone use Blade for mutants. Meaning his best counter doesn't work most of the time.
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    edited February 2018
    Um yes blade does have an Attack boost @Demonzfyre it looks like you don’t understand danger sense. n84051b3ry48.jpeg
    eq9rqeryspf8.jpeg

I hope I don’t need to explain that the 100% was an approximation in order to make my point easier to get across that his attack was basically doubled.

I know that he can’t bleed Immune characters, but it doesn’t mean they are counters. It takes longer to fight them, but colossus is the easiest character to fight. Colossus isn’t a counter for a blade, it’s just a more tedious match up. And in any case, if I have blade in Aw, why would I take him against a mutant champ? It could be cable and I get degen. I’d just take my other champs, most likely spark who would destroy the mutant
  • Options
    colbyscipio987colbyscipio987 Posts: 1,027 ★★
    I don't want Blade to get nerf, But it's absolutely positively ridiculous how many Blades there are in the game.
  • Options
    The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    I don't want Blade to get nerf, But it's absolutely positively ridiculous how many Blades there are in the game.

Why is this a new thing though? I don't have Star Lord but I could certainly say the exact same thing about him. He is in most AW attackers line up. Or wolvie. This isn't really as big a deal as everyone is making it out to be. He's just another one of those useful champs like the others I mentioned.
  • Options
    RektorRektor Posts: 678 ★★★
    edited February 2018
    @Demonzfyre, I see no reason to use Blade for an unknown Mutant character if you have Sparky. That was the point. Even if you don't have Sparky, I don't ever see anyone use Blade for mutants. Meaning his best counter doesn't work most of the time.

“Kabam, you must nerf this character because he’s weak when he has class disadvantage, but the players don’t even use him then. Can you make them use champs with class disadvantage? They always use a diff champ that has class advantage.. wtf!!!”

Meanwhile, pre-12 Dr. Strange would regularly fight electro on a poison node with class disadvantage and no perfect block synergy and finish with full health.

Cool comparison of god tier champs ITT though
  • Options
    RektorRektor Posts: 678 ★★★
    https://youtu.be/HtVDo40sFrY

Why can’t my 4* 4.40 blade do this?? Is this just because mvinceable is good? Or is there something about old Thor that blade can’t match?
  • Options
    Luke Cage, Cable, Abomination, HEROES, Collosus, Agent Venom, and Bleed immune champions are great Blade counters

If you watched Seatin’s free to play act 5 completion video and saw him destroy the act 5 ultron boss with blade rank 4 4* then you wouldn’t say that bleed Immune is a great counter for him. Obviously he isn’t as good against them but still

That’s irrelevant. My point was that blade can still take down a bleed Immune enemy with over 190k health (I think). Even with danger sense active with a 100% attack boost that means he takes down an enemy with close to 95k health with regen, possible power gain, armour and fury with no issues. Why does that make colossus with 30k health a problem?

@BitterSteel YOU said 100% attack bonus. Blade doesn't get a 100% attack bonus with danger sense. I know exactly how blade works.
  • Options

@Saiyan Im not sure why that posted. It was unintentional. I tried deleting the draft but I guess it posted anyway
  • Options

@BitterSteel YOU said 100% attack bonus. Blade doesn't get a 100% attack bonus with danger sense. I know exactly how blade works.

It was to highlight my point, I know he doesn’t have exactly a 100% increase but it’s close to that. And it was to make my point easier to understand for others. Go back and read it, I was explaining that even with his danger sense giving him extra attack it simply means that against someone with X health, it is the equivalent of fighting someone with half that health. That’s why I used 100% increase, to make it simpler to understand and get my point across.

If I had used his ~80% attack boost value, which is about the real value, then it would confuse the point I was trying to make.

You need to read in between the lines, but seeing as you can’t do that. Go back to my previous post and see that I said “the 100% was an approximation in order to make my point easier to get across that his attack was basically doubled”

What don’t you understand about me rounding up to simplify my point? If you have an issue with that then fine, but stop trying to pick apart my post just for the sake of being pedantic.

The essence of what you’re doing is this

Me- blade having almost double his attack means that enemies health are half of what they have if blade didn’t have his danger sense
    You- well you clearly don’t understand blade, duh, everyone knows Blade only has 80% increased attack
    Me- I realise that blade doesn’t have 100%, it was to make my point clear
    You- duh, you said blade had 100% attack though

You see what’s happening here?
  • Options

It was to highlight my point, I know he doesn’t have exactly a 100% increase but it’s close to that. And it was to make my point easier to understand for others. Go back and read it, I was explaining that even with his danger sense giving him extra attack it simply means that against someone with X health, it is the equivalent of fighting someone with half that health. That’s why I used 100% increase, to make it simpler to understand and get my point across.

If I had used his ~80% attack boost value, which is about the real value, then it would confuse the point I was trying to make.

You need to read in between the lines, but seeing as you can’t do that. Go back to my previous post and see that I said “the 100% was an approximation in order to make my point easier to get across that his attack was basically doubled”

What don’t you understand about me rounding up to simplify my point? If you have an issue with that then fine, but stop trying to pick apart my post just for the sake of being pedantic.

Me- blade having almost double his attack means that enemies health are half of what they have if blade didn’t have his danger sense
    You- well you clearly don’t understand blade, duh, everyone knows Blade only has 80% increased attack

@BitterSteel yes you are replacing actual facts with "alternative facts" to make your point. You must have went to Trump University.
  • Options

In all honesty, this is just stupid. If you are "rounding up" or changing actual numbers to make your point work, then lets just do that with everything.
    Stark Spidey can stack 10 poise charges- actual numbers.
    Your logic- Stark Spidey can stack 15 poise charges and kill everything quicker. I rounded up to make my point simpler to understand. Stark Spidey is over powered and takes no skill and there aren't any counters to him.
  • Options

In all honesty, this is just stupid. If you are "rounding up" or changing actual numbers to make your point work, then lets just do that with everything.
    Your logic- Stark Spidey can stack 15 poise charges and kill everything quicker. I rounded up to make my point simpler to understand. Stark Spidey is over powered and takes no skill and there aren't any counters to him.

Not rounding up to make my point work. I’m rounding it up because it was slightly more complicated to explain his 73.3384% attack boost as a fraction of ultron’s entire health when compared to a non-increased Blade. It was to highlight a point, not to make it work.

• Options

Not rounding up to make my point work. I’m rounding it up because it was slightly more complicated to explain his 73.3384% attack boost as a fraction of ultron’s entire health when compared to a non-increased Blade. It was to highlight a point, not to make it work.

Symantics. Im done with this whole conversation with you.
  • Options
    MattScottMattScott Posts: 587 ★★
    edited February 2018

That actually works as the number is irrelevant and doesn’t change the fact that “he will kill enemy faster with x poise charges” or the intent “that poise charges equal a faster kill”

You hurt yourself with that example.
  • Options
    I’m with @BitterSteel here
  • Options

I mean, what I said was neither about semantics, nor this “symantics” thing you’re talking about. You were being pedantic, bye now.
  • Options

I mean, what I said was neither about semantics, nor this “symantics” thing you’re talking about. You were being pedantic, bye now.

Hmmm, I agree

Shallow and pedantic
  • Options
    gohard123gohard123 Posts: 998 ★★★

the villain synergy shut down all regen, armor and fury so all he have to do is pounding on a walking punching bag

58% chance to shut down
  • Options

@weavile @BitterSteel neither of you understand what danger sense does, do you? This statement is about as correct as one of president trumps statements.

Danger sense doesnt automatically shut down those abilities. It has up to about a 56% or so reduction with stark and GR. So if you think thats unfair, why arent you asking for Gwen Pool to get nerfed since she can gain 100% ability accuracy reduction?

I think you’ve misunderstood me. I don’t think blade should be nerfed. I was just pointing out that colossus or other bleed immune champs aren’t good counters to blade simply because they’re bleed immune. I know what danger sense does, look back at what I’ve said, I spoke about the attack boost and I said “possible power gain” (I meant to say possible about the armour, fury and regen too) because I know that danger sense reduces ability accuracy.

I don’t think anything about blade is unfair, you need to read posts more carefully

um danger sense would never work on colossus because he isnt a villain, a dimensional being or a mystic
  • Options
    CrusherCrusher Posts: 305
    edited February 2018
    Rektor wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/HtVDo40sFrY

Why can’t my 4* 4.40 blade do this?? Is this just because mvinceable is good? Or is there something about old Thor that blade can’t match?

Tell him to do this against... stun immune node.... Blade is not a champ for absolute damage...
  • Options
    Fluffydragon2Fluffydragon2 Posts: 109
    I repeat. Do not put magik in as a mini boss or boss. Blade will solo her. Lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol
  • Options
    gohard123 wrote: »

um danger sense would never work on colossus because he isnt a villain, a dimensional being or a mystic

Just because I mentioned colossus and danger sense in the same paragraph doesn’t mean I said that danger sense applied to collosus. It was two separate conversations. One about collosus being a counter to blade, and one about ultron having danger sense applied to him. Please read before you comment.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Just because I mentioned colossus and danger sense in the same paragraph doesn’t mean I said that danger sense applied to collosus. It was two separate conversations. One about collosus being a counter to blade, and one about ultron having danger sense applied to him. Please read before you comment.

I said villain synergy doesn't work on colossus nothing else. a 4/55 colossus on node 44 would stop a blade. I was reiterating the point that a colossus is a counter to blade.
  • Options
    now someone ranking a colossus to 4/55 just to counter blade is another issue, however he is a counter to blade
  • Options
    now someone ranking a colossus to 4/55 just to counter blade is another issue, however he is a counter to blade

Colossus isn’t a counter to anyone. He is the easiest champ in the game to beat
  • Options

I said villain synergy doesn't work on colossus nothing else. a 4/55 colossus on node 44 would stop a blade. I was reiterating the point that a colossus is a counter to blade.

And I never said villain synergy applied to collosus.

Collosus is not a counter to blade at all. If I take blade to Aw then I would take him with Spark and Ghost rider. If I go on the path to node 44 then I would see that node 44 is a mutant champion. I would think “I’m not going to take Blade because I have spark, who has a class advantage”. Bang, spark knocks collosus out quicker than you can say nerf blade.

Even if I took blade into the fight as a mistake, so what? Collosus has nothing going for him in a fight, nothing difficult to overcome except if he hits you, which in high Aw tiers doesn’t happen often. Sure he’s bleed immune, so blade can’t bleed him or get power from bleed. But so what? It might be a longer fight, but blade can get over collosus’ approx 30k health easily. If he doesn’t, then he times out, takes the points loss, and regens back.

Collosus is NOT a counter to blade, if you think he is then go to seatin’s free to play stream of act 5 completion. Watch blade destroy ultron boss. Imagine that that ultron is collosus, because he doesn’t evade or anything like that. Imagine blade doesn’t have danger sense, so in your head approximately half ultron’s health due to danger sense giving approximately 100% extra attack. (Notice approximately I know the value is closer to 75% but it’s easier to visualise). Ultron now has about 100k health and blade destroys him. Bleed Immune is not a counter to blade. People need to stop saying this.