**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Ice armor bug revisted

I know a few people have posted they're having problems with ice armor, and I may have stumbled upon a specific issue. Multiple times per week I watch as I take much more than 5% from a single source, and it seems to happen while I'm blocking. Just now in aq I fought storm. I had ice armor up, was blocking, and her sp2 did over 20% of my max health. Interestingly enough ice armor stayed up.

I then tested in a few vs fights, and it was repeatable. I tried it against a few other champs who deal high damage sp1s/2s, and each time it did more than 5% while blocking with ice armor remaining up. While not blocking, the same specials were capped at 5%.

This has happened to me in act 5 and uncollected fights (I remember hulk sp2 for sure), and I was blocking then too.

Yes, I know I can evade, but sometimes I'm just lazy. Point is, should blocking prevent ice armor from working. Is this as intended.

Comments

• NikoBravoNikoBravo Posts: 447 ★★★
    Agree. I have also seen this same issue.
  • wensan312wensan312 Posts: 12
    Same too. Iceman will now take more than 5% damage and causes him to die easily.
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,403 ★★★
    Maybe I've missed something, but the only time the 5% has ever come into play is when eating a sp3, never anything else. Sp1 and 2 crack the armor and take normal damage, as do critical hits. I use my sig 80 5/50 for everything, and relied on that extensively against the collector. It's only for the sp3 in my experience.
  • KestrelleKestrelle Posts: 441 ★★
    It's definitely not sp3 only. It's any single source that would do more than 5%. If, however, an sp1/2 is multiple hits, the first one that does more than 5% shatters the armor, and the remaining go through as normal.
  • MattScottMattScott Posts: 587 ★★
    Kestrelle wrote: »
    It's definitely not sp3 only. It's any single source that would do more than 5%. If, however, an sp1/2 is multiple hits, the first one that does more than 5% shatters the armor, and the remaining go through as normal.

That’s what it should be. However i have noticed the same. It only seems to work against sp3
    Well I can definitely say it works against sp1/2 when not blocking. Just repeated it multiple times. Storm sp1 did exactly 5% and the stun was nullified by the ice armor, which shattered. Sp2 did 5% too with the armor shattering, but only if not blocking. But if you block sp1 it's greater than 5%, and if you block sp2 it's even more, with neither shattering the armor. I repeated the test in four separate fights.
    Given how easily this can be reproduced, what more needs to happen for this to be brought to the kabam team
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,403 ★★★
    What level is your iceman and what os do u use. I use both an unduped 3/35 and sig 60 5/50 - both only limit sp3 to 5%, on android.
  • RixobRixob Posts: 505 ★★
    Yeah i have noticed weird things with ice armor. It def does work for more than s3 though. And def only works for single source, and ONE hit. But what i will say is my ice armor does not always work when its up. Still havent figured it out.
  • AgentOfSHIELDAgentOfSHIELD Posts: 50
    Storm just does too much damage in general and needs to be toned down
  • Samb0wSamb0w Posts: 17
    I was facing CB in AQ got hit once and Ice Armor disappeared altogether. no timer. nothing. It did not return the rest of the fight.
    Samb0w wrote: »
    I was facing CB in AQ got hit once and Ice Armor disappeared altogether. no timer. nothing. It did not return the rest of the fight.

Did you try using an sp3? There are things in the game that disable the timer, but sp3 usually fixes that
    What level is your iceman and what os do u use. I use both an unduped 3/35 and sig 60 5/50 - both only limit sp3 to 5%, on android.

I have a 5/50 unawakened and use android. However, I'm not really sure how your comment addresses mine. The ice armor limits sp3 to 5%. My concern is that blocking sp1 and sp2 can do MORE than 5% while leaving ice armor up.

@Kabam Zibiit could you possibly take a look and bring to the team?
    edited March 2018
    First of all, you and your buddy are both stating it's only good for sp3, that's absolutely false. It works just fine on sp1s, sp2s, and everything else except the few champs that have ways to bypass it.

Second, you're focused on the ice armor reducing damage from "hits", but that's not actually what the description says. Yes, the first sentence has to do with increasing your armor rating, but that's not what's being questioned. The second sentence, however, states "if iceman would lose more than 5% of his max health from a single source, his ice armor protects him from the blow, reducing the heath loss to 5%, then it shatters." Unless I'm mistaken, blocked hits are still sources of damage. Besides, with ice armor working on sp1s/sp2s, what you're basically saying is that you will take more damage from blocking a specific type of attack than you would if you took the exact same attack without blocking.

Third, I'm posting to bring up what I legitimately believe to be a bug. I'm trying to help the community. Your post, however, was flat rude. There are ways to constructively be helpful and that wasn't one of them.

Especially since I am almost positive I recall seeing blocked hits trigger ice armor as recently as a month ago, I'm going to let a moderator respond.
  • SgtSlaughter78SgtSlaughter78 Posts: 462 ★★★
    Same thing happened to me in AQ yesterday, took block damage of around 20% while I’ve armour was up.
  • AxeCopFireAxeCopFire Posts: 1,115 ★★★
    Samb0w wrote: »

That's because Crossbones cancelled it.
  • Ayushk12Ayushk12 Posts: 153
    While blocking his ice armour doesn't limit the damage to 5%. It's only when you get hit that it does.
    edited March 2018
    And is that as intended or by design? The character info says "single source," not single hit. I'm not going to bother asking why the developers would design an ability where it's better to eat a hit/special than to block/parry, but I'd like to know if this is as intended. If it is, they really should correct the description