**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Pure Skill is it still Broken?

Dungy1983Dungy1983 Posts: 19
edited March 2018 in General Discussion
Been considering investing in Pure Skill would like to combine it with Pierce Kabam sent me the breakdown of how it would work but looking for some feedback from someone who is/has pure skill and weather or not you feel it’s worth the investment?

Comments

• SirnoobSirnoob Posts: 952 ★★★
    Still broke
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    Both pure skill and pierce are a waste. Just put 1 in pierce to get to the good stuff. Pure Skill has been broken for a year and the mods usually shut down all threads pertaining to it.
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    I'm wondering how is it broke? Never really played much attention to it at all but always wonder what is going wrong with it.
  • SirnoobSirnoob Posts: 952 ★★★
    I'm wondering how is it broke? Never really played much attention to it at all but always wonder what is going wrong with it.

From what I have been told it does less damage the it did pre 12.0
  • NastyEfnNateNastyEfnNate Posts: 551 ★★
    edited March 2018
    I would still like my units back from unlocking all 5 points @Kabam Miike
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    There's quite a bit wrong with it. First remember that it costs a lot of units to buy all the cores to unlock completely. That's part of the reason people are upset with Kabam about pure skill.
    Pure Skill used to be a useful mastery. It increased damage by skill champs by quite a bit. Enter 12.0 and the mastery was completely reworked to "function " with the new meta. As it stands right now it removes armor and basically stops at 0 armor. That is achieved with 3 points in the mastery for most opponents, so the last 2 points are a waste. The most expensive points of course. Previously it was more of an armor break that went into the negative which significantly improved damage especially compared to now.
    As it stands now you'll get a few extra points of damage at r3, the difference is there, more so on heavy armor champs, but not really worth the cost of the cores or mastery points. Against low armor or no armor champs the difference is hardly noticeable.
    What makes everything worse is how the changes have been sold. We've been told it's more effective because 3 points max it out but in reality it does far less damage than pre 12.0 when most people purchased it.
    Hope that answers some questions. I'm sure some of my explanation is technically wrong, wrong terms, but you get my point.
    edited March 2018
    Kabam wants to sweep this under the rug. At least give me back the 3600 units from the last 2 points back ffs
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    It's not broken, it's working how Kabam want it to.

They just need to reimburse all the units that people spent unlocking this mastery before they changed it.
    They give rank down tickets so people can get back resources when they alter a champ, they dramatically altered this mastery so should give back the resources used (units) to unlock it.
    edited March 2018
    @The_One Are u sure about that? They have acknowledged that the last 2 points don’t do anything and needs to be completely reworked. Thus the reason I posted to give me the units back for the last 2 pointsyy2tkrp1v4yb.png
  • ninexhelixninexhelix Posts: 136
    Additionally if you’re using a champ that already applies armor break, though not many, pure skill becomes even more unnecessary.