**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Quake heavy attack not beginning immediately [More Info Needed]

Haji_SaabHaji_Saab Posts: 5,837 ★★★★★
edited July 2017 in Bugs and Known Issues
As the title says. Your initial input to start a heavy is just ignored by Quake at the moment.

Tested on iphone 6s.
Post edited by Kabam Wolf on

Comments

• Heisenberg07Heisenberg07 Posts: 92
    edited July 2017
    This happens to me as well
    When she evades because the opponent dashes towards her while she's building up her heavy, you can't always start using her heavy right away, she just stands there...
  • BlackboaBlackboa Posts: 11
    Me too. I think it's almost 2 months like this
    She just stand there staring at the opponents

Xperia z3 tablet compact
    Xperia Z Ultra
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    Haji_Saab wrote: »
    and it wasn't an issue before ... just started happening after 14.0

Am getting it too, actually posted a thread in bugs section but got no reply from mods
  • Kabam WolfKabam Wolf Posts: 1,277 ★★★
    Hey everyone. Can you all let me know some specific fights where you've seen this happen, i.e. opponent champion and game mode? Even if the answer is "all champs all modes," having a specific fight where you've definitely seen it happen always helps for reproducing issues. Thanks!
  • Kabam WolfKabam Wolf Posts: 1,277 ★★★
    Well, I just spent like fifteen minutes playing as Quake and using heavy attacks only, and I didn't notice any delays. Does this only happen right after an Evade, or are there any specific circumstances that trigger this more often? Like right after a light/medium attack, after a combo, after a block etc? Could be for you or your opponent. Thanks.
    edited July 2017
    Kabam Wolf wrote: »
    Well, I just spent like fifteen minutes playing as Quake and using heavy attacks only, and I didn't notice any delays. Does this only happen right after an Evade, or are there any specific circumstances that trigger this more often? Like right after a light/medium attack, after a combo, after a block etc? Could be for you or your opponent. Thanks.

Re read my post to understand when specifically it happens. Not in a middle of a combo, not after any medium or light attack (from me or the opponent), but after she evades while building up her heavy attack. Once that evade occurs it's sometimes impossible to start builing up her heavy attack again.
    Me personally, it happens all the time in arenas, against 4* rank 5 Scarlet Witch, and 4* rank 5 Magik.
  • AgentOfSHIELDAgentOfSHIELD Posts: 50
    I just had it occur twice in arena against Yellow Jacket once right after baiting his l1 and another time after evading a medium attack I usually see it when quake is backed up near or on the back wall.
  • Carmel1Carmel1 Posts: 628 ★★★
    It happens to me a lot, even before v14.
    First heavy attack works fine while I'm holding heavy.
    In case i don't release the heavy and let her trigger evade, when i try to hold heavy again for the 2nd time the command doesn't register and she just stand there without doing anything.
    it's not just a delay with her entering to "heavy" mode... even waiting few seconds doesn't help. in order to enter "heavy" mode again for the second time i'll need to try a different input between two heavies (dash back, dash in, attack etc..)
    it happens ALMOST every time.
    i use her only in arena so i can say i notice it there (before and after the 15 streak)

iphone 7, iOS 10.3.2
    (happens to friends with other devices too)
  • MegaVoltsMegaVolts Posts: 114
    This happens to me too. And it was even before the June update. I remember I posted this problem on the MCOC Global Community on FB, see below. Still is a problem.
    zibveeba4j9r.png
  • DukeZmanDukeZman Posts: 604 ★★★
    @Kabam Wolf I've also noticed it right after using a Special move. Trying to Special right into a heavy doesn't always work. Have to let go and then hold again to get it to trigger
  • Addy052Addy052 Posts: 3
    In short one can't do heavy attack just after dexterity.(swiping back) I have to hit medium attack then she starts heavy
  • Tmasters1984Tmasters1984 Posts: 451
    It happens to me mostly in Arena but I confirm what people here are saying.

You hold the attack and it charges, the enemy attacks, quake evades and the green evade text appears.

You then press to hold the attack again and it doesn't charge. You have to press it twice or sometimes three times to get her to respond (blocking also does not work).

She behaves like this, for me, maybe 1 in 5 charge attempts and I use my 5/50 Quake a lot because shes my highest PI.
    @Kabam Wolf this is still an issue to this date
  • BROSEFSTALINBROSEFSTALIN Posts: 3
    ? LIKE NOBODY CARES ABOUT THIS ANYMORE?
  • RajutedaRajuteda Posts: 565 ★★
    I told them this sometime ago and asked for a compensation due to bugs on their part..

They simply said everything is fine, we are fools and closed the thread

No wonder im not making any more purchases since last 3 months
  • LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    edited March 2018
    Kabam Wolf wrote: »

I know exactly what is happening here. When you dash back manually and you hold heavy instantly, the game doesn't pick up on it and even though you are holding the screen, you won't charge her heavy.

This happens because when you perform any action, a light attack, a medium attack, a special, etc. And you hold heavy during the animation, the game will queue up the heavy attack. So as soon as the initial action completes (light/medium/special/etc), your heavy will come out.

But for some reason, this "queue" mechanic is not implemented when you are doing a dashback.

That's why the heavy is not coming out in this specific scenario. Very easy to replicate (just evade back and hold heavy during the dashback animation, it won't come out). You need to manually time the heavy when the dashback animation is completed.

Would be nice if this can be fixed though, it has killed me many times.