Options

AA’s heavy is ridiculous… and it’s awesome

Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
Every day I learn something new. Like AA can bypass Force Field and Astral Evade with his heavy attack. Also that he can literally shred Expert LAB opponents in under 20 hits with just the heavy and blocking and anything that can’t resist Poison OR Bleed is gonna die to who I refer to as the most lethal fidget spinner to date. The fact that he casually wrecks 2 of the most annoying defensive champs is unreal. MODOK is just infuriating and Mordo technically isn’t a threat if you know what you’re doing but can easily be the most tedious champ the fight as someone you have little to no approach on (along side Medusa and CWBP) and AA just solves them both


TL;DR

AA’s heavy beats up Mordo and MODOK without losing to their defensive abilities and I though I’d share.

Comments

  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,307 ★★★★★
    Yeah he's great, have him at R5. He has his limitations too. In terms of the Heavy, it's useful, but with more challenging AI, you won't get many Heavies off. Thanks for pointing out the usefulness.
  • Options
    Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    Yeah he's great, have him at R5. He has his limitations too. In terms of the Heavy, it's useful, but with more challenging AI, you won't get many Heavies off. Thanks for pointing out the usefulness.

    Parry. From there you can block a few combos and dodge their predictable heavy attacks. He was my golden boy in Uncollected and still is every 12 hours in expert lab. His main limitation is is Poison Immune and even worse Bleed immune.
  • Options
    Hulk_SmellsHulk_Smells Posts: 183
    edited March 2018
    he is my deadliest maxed 4*, and I've farmed nearly 1000 pots from WS in ROL with him
  • Options
    Brew_SwayneBrew_Swayne Posts: 500 ★★
    I found out quickly after getting him that his heavy bypasses astral evade (fyi so do X23 and Elektra heavies).

    The 1 drawback though is that I've really gotten into the habit of parry/heavy at the start of the fight, which works great like 99% of the time. The other 1% is when you're fighting Juggs and try to parry/heavy out of habit.

    My brain knows better. My thumb does not.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,307 ★★★★★
    I found out quickly after getting him that his heavy bypasses astral evade (fyi so do X23 and Elektra heavies).

    The 1 drawback though is that I've really gotten into the habit of parry/heavy at the start of the fight, which works great like 99% of the time. The other 1% is when you're fighting Juggs and try to parry/heavy out of habit.

    My brain knows better. My thumb does not.

    IF you can get a Heavy out without being whiffed. Between the lag in controls and the AI speed, it's been a challenge for me lately. I get in as many as I can, and he's pretty useful. Not an all-round, but I love him.
  • Options
    Brew_SwayneBrew_Swayne Posts: 500 ★★
    Can't say I've ever whiffed on a parry/heavy. Only exception might be in war if he's on a limber node and/or if the opponent has max Limber.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,307 ★★★★★
    Oh, it happens. Depends on Masteries and Nodes. Sometimes the controls lag super bad. Sometimes the AI snaps out of the Parry and Evades back immediately. I love the Heavy but I've gotten out of the habit of using it so much because of the reaction time. In any event, I didn't want to turn it into an issues Thread. I agree that his Heavy is great.
  • Options
    Brew_SwayneBrew_Swayne Posts: 500 ★★
    Luckily I haven't had that issue yet.

    I have noticed when fighting Mordo, however, that you can parry/heavy too quickly and that seems to actually trigger his astral evade. After the parry if you're quick on the heavy, he'll get ya. Gotta hold for a split second longer just before he comes out of the stun. Not sure if that's an intentional mechanic or not.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,307 ★★★★★
    Yeah. I suppose it would be best if I just say I agree the Abilities are great. Issues come and go. ;)
  • Options
    Al2QAl2Q Posts: 66
    If a neurotoxin is inflicted then you can parry heavy and all right away, but if its not then like all any other champ you just have to wait for the stun to finish and release the hit at that time.

    Just to add to AA's abilities, try using him against Red Hulk in LOL.... I thought that he's poison immune :P
Sign In or Register to comment.