**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Wolverine Just Died!

Comments

• LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Maybe now that he's less useful I can finally pull a wolverine. One of the last 4*s I don't have that I would still 5/50 at this point.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    edited March 2018
    fb8nezs7xruy.png
    This has been my aq team for a long time unless I need sl in aw on path 6. You don’t need any regen champs but they do help if you take damage. I doubt wolvie times out on sentinels and even if you do can’t you just go regen the lost health in the next fight? I bring this team to clear nodes quickly since I know I won’t lose a champ on any path. That’s the way I see aq. Just get through the fights as quickly as possible since it’s monotonous
  • MarzGrooveMarzGroove Posts: 903 ★★★
    Tonedef wrote: »
    @MarzGroove You must enjoy spending units on potions. I ranked my wolverine and dumped sigs stones on him so I wouldn’t have to.

So Sentinels have some secret ability to block Wolverine's regen?
  • Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★
    MarzGroove wrote: »
    @MarzGroove You must enjoy spending units on potions. I ranked my wolverine and dumped sigs stones on him so I wouldn’t have to.

They don’t bleed, a lot of his damage is from bleeds so I think the fights will be longer.
    Savio444 wrote: »

They don’t bleed, a lot of his damage is from bleeds so I think the fights will be longer.

And there aren't any bleed immune nodes/champs currently?
  • AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    He's not dead, you are just going to have 4-6 fights per AQ that are the same, boring fight with the same champ that sometimes wears a different class hat. It may involve timing out on the debuff immune ones on later days, due to the fight being longer, but just play well the second time around and heal back up. I don't intend to drop Wolvie right away or anything, I am already used to the Debuff Immune path, just have to be a little extra attentive during Sentineloid fights.
  • TonedefTonedef Posts: 137
    I ran the debuff path in map 5 with Wolverine instead of Angela today. Tedious, unenjoyable, but he did alright. 58k points per win. I might not have cared that this update reduces Wolverine’s effectiveness if there weren’t bugs that make you die and I had some luck.
    I went 0/4 on the Blade crystal(0/6 on featureds 🤬). Last 5* I got was She-Hulk.
  • Mmx1991Mmx1991 Posts: 674 ★★★★
    It's called change. Get used to it.

Change that's almost always to the detriment of players gets old. And players start changing to another game.

The change that we've seen since 12.0 has jerked us around and wasted our time, money, and effort. Our rosters haven't benefited from this "change", it's always been to our disadvantage.

Change is a two-way street. Keep pushing the players and they'll just leave. They won't even get mad by the time they quit, they'll be numb to the constant "change". One day they'll look at the forums and say, "oh..they nerfed the trinity. oh well..i'm gone. see ya guys it's been great. bye alliance you guys were awesome".
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    _ASDF_ wrote: »
    KhanMedina wrote: »
    Let’s just hope they bring in a new champ, that armour breaks, as well as a regen as good as wolverines. He’s not completely useless though, not everyone fight in the new aq will be a sentinel.

He's called Iron Man

Ok, a champ that does armour break and has a constant regen...
    Firstly, Hyperion. His regen is so much better than people think, sure it nerfs his damage a bit but mine heals around 35% health which is a ton.

Why is armour break so important? People are acting like it’s the only way to beat sentinels. Just take X23 or ghost rider

X23 is the worst possible choice. Basically instantly make sentinel crit immune. I destroyed them with my Ghostrider though.

I think you are confusing sentinel the character with sentineloid type enemies. sentineloids don't get any crit resistance like sentinel does.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    _ASDF_ wrote: »
    Let’s just hope they bring in a new champ, that armour breaks, as well as a regen as good as wolverines. He’s not completely useless though, not everyone fight in the new aq will be a sentinel.

He's called Iron Man

Firstly, Hyperion. His regen is so much better than people think, sure it nerfs his damage a bit but mine heals around 35% health which is a ton.

Why is armour break so important? People are acting like it’s the only way to beat sentinels. Just take X23 or ghost rider

X23 is the worst possible choice. Basically instantly make sentinel crit immune. I destroyed them with my Ghostrider though.

Against sentinel (the champion) yes, not against the sentinel characters that are replacing the symbioids. They don’t have crit resistance I don’t think.

Most of the fights in aq were symbiods, who are not bleed immune, we’re not talking about bleed immune champs of which you would just use a different champion...this discussions is about wolverine, who was good for aq because it was full of symbiods. Who no longer will be as useful. You want to reply with another question?
    Back when I ran map 6, wolvie was my go to champ on my degen path in section 1. Oh wait that was a luke cage who is bleed immune but the fight is so easy. According to your logic wolvie shouldn’t even be used in bleed immune champs even though you can EASILY end the fight at full health. It just takes longer with wolvie. It’s not like there aren’t already bleed immune champs in map 5 or champs like av and cb that can shrug off debuffs. Aq needs to be more challenging anyway. Almost every level of player can run map 5 since 4/40 champs can clear the map easily

Most of the fights in aq were symbiods, who are not bleed immune, we’re not talking about bleed immune champs of which you would just use a different champion...this discussions is about wolverine, who was good for aq because it was full of symbiods. Who no longer will be as useful. You want to reply with another question?

He's good because of symbiods? No. He's good because of his regen.
    edited March 2018
    To add to @MarzGroove comment he’s not good because of his bleed either. It just gives him a bit more damage. It doesn’t make fights easier but it can make them shorter
  • RaaRaa Posts: 309 ★★
    420down wrote: »
    I use wolvie for immunity lane so I don’t see time outs being an issue. As far as mini boss fights personally I don’t use him. Sl for cable/mordo and gp for rhino. My biggest concern is timeouts on Morningstar since I don’t have a bleed immune champ that doesn’t have pillow hands

Hehe I have ghost Rider, the problem is i use him in war

GR is kind of a pillow hands still, even with that fury.

He's good because of his REGEN, but suffers tremendously when against bleed immune champs since his base damage is terrible without being able to proc bleeds.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Raa wrote: »
    420down wrote: »
    I use wolvie for immunity lane so I don’t see time outs being an issue. As far as mini boss fights personally I don’t use him. Sl for cable/mordo and gp for rhino. My biggest concern is timeouts on Morningstar since I don’t have a bleed immune champ that doesn’t have pillow hands

Hehe I have ghost Rider, the problem is i use him in war

GR is kind of a pillow hands still, even with that fury.

He does some pretty crazy damage on his L2, plus his strength is utility. Regen power lock fate seal bleed fury and power steal.
    Mmx1991 wrote: »

He's good because of his REGEN, but suffers tremendously when against bleed immune champs since his base damage is terrible without being able to proc bleeds.

This is what I’m trying to say but this guy just annoying with these stupid questions, and answers. I didn’t say “He's good because of symbiods“ i said he’s less effective because sentinels are bleed immune and fights with wolverine will be longer, even with his good regen.
    edited March 2018
    He’s not less effective in any way. He can still finish fights against them at full health. A longer fight doesn’t mean less effective or less useful. If you want quick fights with a regen champ then use hype or Angela not wolvie
  • EvangelionlovrEvangelionlovr Posts: 481 ★★★
    In a game that constantly changes and evolves, it's not wise to depend on any Champ fully. Everything changes.

Unless of course that champ is Blade.
  • weavileweavile Posts: 288
    Just saying this isn't those 20k sp3, 90% armor sentinel but those 10k sentinel so we will have to wait and see
  • Atticus9090Atticus9090 Posts: 521 ★★
    Sentinels shouldn't even be a problem. SP1 is easy to evade, and just block the SP2. Also just like in the new monthly event quest, there are different class Sentinels, so you should have a problem using a Wolverine against a Skill Sentinel at all.

If that isn't the case, and their are all tech Sentinels, then just bring any Cosmic armor break champions (Hyperion, Thor O.G, Symbiote Spidey, etc).

There ya go!
  • Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,306 ★★★
    Jh_Dez wrote: »
    I take Wolverine into AQ all the time and don’t see how this is going to ruin him. I also do the immunity path and have never timed out with him yet.

His use greatly decreases when he's up against any form of sentineloids because of their bonus against mutants
    You know sentinels are different classes right?

Read their description genius
    Regardless of the class of sentinel they'll always get analysis charges faster against mutants
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,650 Guardian
    Kabam keeps saying the sentinels aren’t gonna be harder than the current syms, but that is 100% Grade A Bolognium. Wolverine is gonna time out vs the sentinels and magically lose 50% of his health. We will have to start spending units to complete AQ.

If you are using Wolverine, why is losing half your health going to cost you potions?
  • KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★
    edited March 2018

He's called Iron Man

Almost no one has a constant, strong Regen like Wolvie. He's not even available as a 5 star in part because his regen is so overpowered. If you want a similar regen that does good dmg, then x23 will work fine since she gets a buff against bleed immunes. KG does Armor Break and decent regen. DS can armor break and regen. IM and IP both do Armor Break and can heal back up to near full from almost dead.

Nebula will be the sleeper champ once people get used to using her more. She gets bonus vs. Bots and has a good regen if you're using it properly to only eat big shots and recover all that dmg +15% from mastery.
    edited March 2018
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Kabam keeps saying the sentinels aren’t gonna be harder than the current syms, but that is 100% Grade A Bolognium. Wolverine is gonna time out vs the sentinels and magically lose 50% of his health. We will have to start spending units to complete AQ.

If you are using Wolverine, why is losing half your health going to cost you potions?

You're a math guy..

Losing half-health from a timeout is best case scenario, and best case scenarios don't always happen.

In the long-run these changes will cost players more than the previous iteration, and there's no improvement to rewards to compensate for the extra work.