**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Alliance Quest Miniboss and Sentinel Refresh - April 2018 - Discussion Thread [Updated April 13]

Comments

• Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    Kiryu wrote: »
    4* og thor making a comeback :)

He never left. Except he's only a 4*. Besides that he's great!
  • D14rockD14rock Posts: 31
    D14rock wrote: »
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    What about giving players rank downs now that
    What about giving players rank downs now that wolvy is useless.. also with the inclusion if sentinels which take forever to take down, you should increase the match timer to 5 minutes.. already without the sentinels, if l you are in an alliance right now with decent prestige, you can't take down nodes in time with 4* Champs anymore.

If you think Wolvy is useless you don’t deserve to have him

I guess I don't deserve him anymore after years of use. Lol. Obviously you have no idea what I'm talking about and are a still a newb.. that's why wolvy is so close to your heart.. I wasn't stating an opinion on wolvy being useless. It is a fact. Wait and see. As useless as your 3* dp

I suppose I’m a pretty decent newb considering I began during the games beta stages, I have now completed act 4, act 5 with no money spent, RoL with no revives used, every single boss rush challenge or Coulson challenge every released, RTTL, my first run on LoL spending 0 real money, all uncollected quests, in a top tier alliance in tier 3/4 Aw, expert tier aq, have a 6* and close to another, have 5 rank 4 5* with the ability to do another 3 and to have a profile over 400k rated. But sure, go ahead thinking I’m a newb.

It is your opinion that wolv will be useless and you are wrong. Over 2/3 of the Aq map will be able to bleed, take him for those fights. You are so wrong it’s laughable.

Well I applaud you for all of your amazing mcoc accomplishments. Didn't realize you were number 1 mcoc player in the world, but your math is way off. Including abomination whom to don't want to bleed, and none of the mini bosses or bosses, there will be 61 nodes on map 5 where you can't bleed opponent. That's not 2/3 of the map. That's not even 40% of the map..

Seems unfair to me to first call a player a newb, then criticize them for bragging about their accomplishments.

The math is off, but the presumption is that all the places where the targets are currently bleed immune have nothing to do with the Sentinels making Wolverine useless, because those nodes are already immune. If you're already doing the immunity path with Wolverine, for example, then you don't care about robot immunity. If you care about Abomination's bleeds, you probably aren't doing that path with Wolverine either. If you were *only* using Wolverine on Syms, well then that might be a problem but Syms were about half of most paths.

I think Wolverine will still be fine on paths 2, 4, 6, 7, and 8 in stage one of Map 5, and paths 1, 4, 5, and 6 in stage 2. Path 7 if you were already doing it now. And anything in the middle in stage 3. But we'll see.

I personally think wolvy will be replaced by blade if you want to bring a champ who can bleed and regen. His regen is more reliable, he doesnt have pillow fists, and is available as a 5*. If there were a 5* version of wolvy, I woukd take it all back, but there's not, and no plans to, according to kabam. 4*s are just becoming harder and harder to use in late aq days. With wolvy having such low health, 1 small slip and he's gone. And if you fight perfectly, the fight takes forever..

Blade will be in Aw, where the better rewards are. Until aq is updated and better than Aw, Aw seasons and mystic war is where Blade will be
    . I'm not saying wolvy is just terrible champs. He's still god tier 4*

So are you saying he’s useless now or are you saying he’s god tier? Those are contradictory statements

Not contradictory at all if you read that i said among 4*s. I do think he is more useless now when it comes to AQ, Like he has been for a long time now in AW and not to useful in act 5 either. If you go back to my original argument, you would see that wolvy is the example I used since he is the most popular 4* aq champ. Same can be said for damage output if you're talking about vision or the 4* rogue too, or ultron.I don't really care what weak 4* you refer to. My point was that the timers just aren't long enough when using 4*s. Is that clearer for you?
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,008 ★★★★
    edited March 2018
    Barely anybody else thinks that gw, it’s well known that some champs are much harder to beat than others, sentinels are harder because they are immune, gain unstoppable specials, their specials are harder to dodge than syms, not rocket science, Morningstar is harder especially if she will be unstoppable after her l1 and rules out all the mid tier players who don’t have a decent bleed immune champ ranked yet, I beat nc most days in aq on stun immune and sure ts doable, but it’s still a much harder fight than the current minibosses, and Gg’s l1 is quite tricky to evade, not gonna be a fun change, it will be very challenging, but tbh if they fix the lag and blocked drops I’ll be fine
  • Mmx1991Mmx1991 Posts: 674 ★★★★
    Speeds80 wrote: »
    but tbh if they fix the lag and blocked drops I’ll be fine

Ya, it wouldn't be that bad if the game worked properly and fairly. Hard content isn't a problem but an unfair game is.
  • OnmixOnmix Posts: 508 ★★★
    @Deadbyrd9
    In my alliance we don’t do things that way. We each have our path and use champs according to that path. And really only one guy NEEDS to bring a bleed immune. Many bring ultron cuz he regens but maybe you wouldn’t bring a bleed immune if you didn’t have him. I’ve never brought a bleed immune champ simply because my best and only option is vision and his durability is low. I prefer a champ that regens. Many do. More so given that my path is immunes and I take block damage.

The point is, what happens when you don’t have a bleed immune champ other than Colossuss. You’re not going to defeat the boss. It just won’t happen. And maybe that’s the way it should be. Some guys always taking some minis while others a different mini.
    Maybe it’s teamwork that they are after.
    I for myself would like a difficult champ but beatable. Morningstar is not always beatable. NC and GG are. I’d be disappointed if I couldn’t beat a mini for bad luck (not having certain champs) instead of bad skills.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    What about giving players rank downs now that
    What about giving players rank downs now that wolvy is useless.. also with the inclusion if sentinels which take forever to take down, you should increase the match timer to 5 minutes.. already without the sentinels, if l you are in an alliance right now with decent prestige, you can't take down nodes in time with 4* Champs anymore.

If you think Wolvy is useless you don’t deserve to have him

I guess I don't deserve him anymore after years of use. Lol. Obviously you have no idea what I'm talking about and are a still a newb.. that's why wolvy is so close to your heart.. I wasn't stating an opinion on wolvy being useless. It is a fact. Wait and see. As useless as your 3* dp

I suppose I’m a pretty decent newb considering I began during the games beta stages, I have now completed act 4, act 5 with no money spent, RoL with no revives used, every single boss rush challenge or Coulson challenge every released, RTTL, my first run on LoL spending 0 real money, all uncollected quests, in a top tier alliance in tier 3/4 Aw, expert tier aq, have a 6* and close to another, have 5 rank 4 5* with the ability to do another 3 and to have a profile over 400k rated. But sure, go ahead thinking I’m a newb.

It is your opinion that wolv will be useless and you are wrong. Over 2/3 of the Aq map will be able to bleed, take him for those fights. You are so wrong it’s laughable.

Well I applaud you for all of your amazing mcoc accomplishments. Didn't realize you were number 1 mcoc player in the world, but your math is way off. Including abomination whom to don't want to bleed, and none of the mini bosses or bosses, there will be 61 nodes on map 5 where you can't bleed opponent. That's not 2/3 of the map. That's not even 40% of the map..

Seems unfair to me to first call a player a newb, then criticize them for bragging about their accomplishments.

The math is off, but the presumption is that all the places where the targets are currently bleed immune have nothing to do with the Sentinels making Wolverine useless, because those nodes are already immune. If you're already doing the immunity path with Wolverine, for example, then you don't care about robot immunity. If you care about Abomination's bleeds, you probably aren't doing that path with Wolverine either. If you were *only* using Wolverine on Syms, well then that might be a problem but Syms were about half of most paths.

I think Wolverine will still be fine on paths 2, 4, 6, 7, and 8 in stage one of Map 5, and paths 1, 4, 5, and 6 in stage 2. Path 7 if you were already doing it now. And anything in the middle in stage 3. But we'll see.

I personally think wolvy will be replaced by blade if you want to bring a champ who can bleed and regen. His regen is more reliable, he doesnt have pillow fists, and is available as a 5*. If there were a 5* version of wolvy, I woukd take it all back, but there's not, and no plans to, according to kabam. 4*s are just becoming harder and harder to use in late aq days. With wolvy having such low health, 1 small slip and he's gone. And if you fight perfectly, the fight takes forever..

Blade will be in Aw, where the better rewards are. Until aq is updated and better than Aw, Aw seasons and mystic war is where Blade will be
    . I'm not saying wolvy is just terrible champs. He's still god tier 4*

So are you saying he’s useless now or are you saying he’s god tier? Those are contradictory statements

Not contradictory at all if you read that i said among 4*s. I do think he is more useless now when it comes to AQ, Like he has been for a long time now in AW and not to useful in act 5 either. If you go back to my original argument, you would see that wolvy is the example I used since he is the most popular 4* aq champ. Same can be said for damage output if you're talking about vision or the 4* rogue too, or ultron.I don't really care what weak 4* you refer to. My point was that the timers just aren't long enough when using 4*s. Is that clearer for you?

4* 5/50 have the same challenger rating as 5* 3/45 albeit slightly less health. The fact that the majority of the player base doing map 5 can’t get many rank 4 5* means that 4* are still viable options for most players. Pretending otherwise is wrong, especially since wolv is so good with his regen.
  • OPIEOPIE Posts: 33
    Did you guys ever figure out who was effected by the emergency maintenance during the trial of the event. Apparently you were looking into it but still haven't heard. I'm still waiting. Is this why the rewards for refresh AQ aren't bring buffed because you're still looking into it? 6jnpkerhwla8.png
  • Hemi_123Hemi_123 Posts: 9
    What about players like us,, level 1 to 55,, we only have 5 or 6 rank 5 4 stars. And dont have good champ to compete with these new bosses and sentinels. We upgraded those 4,5 champs according to current requirements of game.. so now we need to start from the begining to build up roasters. Its better to stop playing this game. After alot of hard work we ungraded wol, gr . Now they will be useless. You guys are making this geme for only top players. You should change map6 bosses , because players out there already have all kind of champs to compete with anykind of boss. But we cant defeat nc without iceman ,, sentinels with out medusa or hyperion.. so whats our mistake???
    It took one and half year for me to upgrade 5 4* champion to rank 5. And 3 of them will become useless after this update, that means i am no longer be able to play map 5 for next 1 year. You guys should consider players like us before any kind of such changing.
  • General_VisGeneral_Vis Posts: 138
    If you ranked up champions specifically for the current minibosses then that’s on you. It sucks that they’re introducing these changes mid-season but they could easily have announced a new season and completely changed the opponents anyway.

Also if you can’t beat NC without Iceman then again that’s more your own problem.
    If you ranked up champions specifically for the current minibosses then that’s on you. It sucks that they’re introducing these changes mid-season but they could easily have announced a new season and completely changed the opponents anyway.

Also if you can’t beat NC without Iceman then again that’s more your own problem.

I am not just talking about me,, i am talking about all the players at my level, those only have 4,5 champs at rank 5 4*. So when u rank up your champ what things you consider first?? Either this champion will help me in aq or aw or you just rank up any champion??? And top players having issues dealing against nc. Its not only my problem. If you have a good roaster and you are at level 60, and have good 5* champ, than my post was not for you
  • KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    Hemi_123 wrote: »

I am not just talking about me,, i am talking about all the players at my level, those only have 4,5 champs at rank 5 4*. So when u rank up your champ what things you consider first?? Either this champion will help me in aq or aw or you just rank up any champion??? And top players having issues dealing against nc. Its not only my problem. If you have a good roaster and you are at level 60, and have good 5* champ, than my post was not for you

You're kind of missing the point, lots of older players ranked for prestige first and didn't even use those champs because they weren't good aq attackers. Back then you would run r4 4* because those were better than you're r5 prestige champs.

It sucks that they are upgrading mid season, but keep in mind, a new season is coming which we all know will have another increase in difficulty. They are just introducing it in two parts instead of one major shift to try to keep the uproar down.
    Kpatrix wrote: »

You're kind of missing the point, lots of older players ranked for prestige first and didn't even use those champs because they weren't good aq attackers. Back then you would run r4 4* because those were better than you're r5 prestige champs.

It sucks that they are upgrading mid season, but keep in mind, a new season is coming which we all know will have another increase in difficulty. They are just introducing it in two parts instead of one major shift to try to keep the uproar down.

Buddy in my alliance,, in my friends alliance,, in my friend’s friend alliance .. we all rank up only those champions first that help us in aq and aw.. we are not at a level where we consider presitge first,, you are missing a point that i am talking about level 30 to 55
    Kpatrix wrote: »

Buddy in my alliance,, in my friends alliance,, in my friend’s friend alliance .. we all rank up only those champions first that help us in aq and aw.. we are not at a level where we consider presitge first,, you are missing a point that i am talking about level 30 to 55

So basically i am talking about 70 to 80% people ,, and you are representing 10 to 20 top players
    My point is that if you’re ranking champions purely to get through the latest version of AQ then you can’t conplain when it switches up, as that’s always going to happen.

I have a R3 Agent Venom and could R4 him as he’s a good counter for Void, but that’s my call to make and I’ll have to live with the consequences whenever Void is replaced. If they replace Void with another champ who AV is nowhere near as good against I can’t really complain.
  • dTurtledTurtle Posts: 5
    Sentinels Suck, period i don't think there is any argument that can change that fact, Kabam has created them to destroy all the good champions that we have worked so hard to rank up. I am a seasoned player (>2.5 years now), and I can't beat those A.holz in arena let alone in alliance quest where they will be super aggressive, how dare you say that they melt down to armor break, does that mean everyone should throw away their current champs in the dust bin and start building armor break champs, who will not regen nor will they be bleed/ poison immune. You need to introduce champs that can properly counter such enemies, let majority of us have them and then may be talk about rolling out Sentinels in AQ, you just can't do anything against them once they reach high level of analysis (which they do pretty quickly, mind you) and hit you with incinerate while you are blocking, i might as well just stand there without doing anything and enjoy the animation of your super lovely monstrosity that is those sentinels. I am ready to quit the game if such cheap money grabbing theatrics are going to be common place.
    Bro i fully understand your point,, you are going to rank up av ,, because you already have blade,, medusa ,,, gr,,, dr vodoo at rank 4.. or may you have someone at rank 5.. during last 1 and half year total tier2 alpha i got is 4 ,,, so if my luck change and aftr duck,, magneto,, bpcw,, bp,, she hulk,, ant man,, i open blade or medusa and av as well in next two 5* crystal to whom should i rank up???
  • Preciso de cristais de quatro estrelas, onde conseguir

• Jogo muito esse jogo, não muito bem mais jogo bastante e preciso de cristais.de quatro estrelas mais.tem muito poucas opções

• KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    Just wait till next season with the full revamp of path champs, this is just the tip of the iceberg. You'll have to bring counters to modok, Medusa, phisto, who knows what else they will drop in. Maybe it's better they increase the difficulty in increments than all at once. I still think they should upgrade rewards along with this change to reflect the increase we are seeing. I don't mind the change, we will adapt, but it's cheap on them to say these changes don't warrant an increase in rewards when we are already bottlenecked with certain resources as is.
    dTurtle wrote: »
    Sentinels Suck, period i don't think there is any argument that can change that fact, Kabam has created them to destroy all the good champions that we have worked so hard to rank up. I am a seasoned player (>2.5 years now), and I can't beat those A.holz in arena let alone in alliance quest where they will be super aggressive, how dare you say that they melt down to armor break, does that mean everyone should throw away their current champs in the dust bin and start building armor break champs, who will not regen nor will they be bleed/ poison immune. You need to introduce champs that can properly counter such enemies, let majority of us have them and then may be talk about rolling out Sentinels in AQ, you just can't do anything against them once they reach high level of analysis (which they do pretty quickly, mind you) and hit you with incinerate while you are blocking, i might as well just stand there without doing anything and enjoy the animation of your super lovely monstrosity that is those sentinels. I am ready to quit the game if such cheap money grabbing theatrics are going to be common place.

I am going to do the same,,, we worked on these champs that we upgraded and it took 1 and half year of your life.. and now kabam is saying those champs are useless,,, start that work from the begining,, and funny thing is they are not giving any good 5* ... people are geting antman,, duck,, duck,, and only usefull champions you got they are going to be trash
    Bro i fully understand your point,, you are going to rank up av ,, because you already have blade,, medusa ,,, gr,,, dr vodoo at rank 4.. or may you have someone at rank 5.. during last 1 and half year total tier2 alpha i got is 4 ,,, so if my luck change and aftr duck,, magneto,, bpcw,, bp,, she hulk,, ant man,, i open blade or medusa and av as well in next two 5* crystal to whom should i rank up???

So what’s the alternative? Kabam aren’t going to keep the same enemies forever and they’re not going to keep releasing content based on what players have ranked over a year ago. The game’s never worked like that. It’s an endless cycle of releasing counters to champs then counters to those counters and so on.

I don’t have Blade myself but at some point there’ll be new champs who will counter him and then there’ll be new champs who counter those.
  • tutyimutyitutyimutyi Posts: 326
    The good and useful heroes against gg,nc,morningstar and the sentinels are very limited and rare.plus,we should use them in the war defense and offense.the players are becoming payers,when they enjoy the game.there is nothing enjoyable comes,just more headache.we are not dumb,to pay for a t4b weekly.i am not surprised at all.just one more horrible marketing and design change from kabam....
  • RockonRockon Posts: 271
    with these changes do we get rank down tickets to adjust champs to the adjustment to the game? does everyone who play the game now really want to stick around with the changes coming up? what about meeting with system of new champs every month and not enough resources to rank them up? will cyclops still be a good attacker in aq the symboid changes and mini boss changes?
  • AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    No adjustments were made directly to champs, and it's not a special Christmas event, so no RDTs should be given, or the idea even discussed. Changes to content do not meet the requirements. They are changing a couple champs per each line, and the Sub-bosses; it is not the end of the world. It will make the maps more difficult, and it's eye-roll worthy to say they cannot possibly adjust rewards up to compensate for the whack adjustment for no reason, but that's it. Wolverine will still work against a large portion of the map. Other champions exist. And no one should expect (or want) to run the same champs all the time, every time.