Options

Member Promoted to Officer

Somehow a member promoted himself to an Officer in my Alliance. I didn’t promote him. I’m trying to figure out how he was able to do it.

Comments

• Options
    Are you the Leader of your Alliance? Only the Leader can. He is responsible.
  • Options
    I am the leader, and he somehow made himself an
    Officer without me promoting him.
  • Options
    He joined my Alliance a few days ago. I was checking out his profile 20 minutes ago and it said he was an Officer. I looked at the Alliance Members and it showed him in the Officers Group as well. I never promoted him.
  • Options
    FR33_HUG5FR33_HUG5 Posts: 1,196 ★★★★
    Then demote him. As the leader of your alliance, you have that ability. And if he makes himself an officer again; then boot him.
  • Options
    You probably promoted him accidentally while browsing.
  • Options
    I did demote him before posting here. Just wondering how the hell he could promote himself. I’m wondering if he’s using some kind of 3rd party app to do it.
  • Options
    KyndrannaKyndranna Posts: 38
    You likely did it on accident I booted a guy once looking at his profile
  • Options
    shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    edited March 2018
    While I can't be sure, but I feel the same as what other experts have commented, i.e. could be accidental promotion. I once accidentally flagged someone when browsing (not intending to). I once accidentally requested someone for friend when browsing (not intending to). I once accidentally "ALMOST KICK" someone (I was an officer in my previous alliance) but luckily I "freeze" my finger right when I almost clicked on it.

If you didn't see him able to "somehow promoting himself" again after you have demoted him, then most likely not by his own doing. But if tomorrow or in the near future, he magically promotes himself again, then I would think your alliance is HAUNTED :D Haha just kidding, most likely won't.

Good luck and cheers!
  • Options
    Well, figured it out. One of my Officers requested a name change to Kabam. Kabam changed his name. He didn’t tell anyone about it. Sorry to bother you guys with this lol
  • Options
    shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    Well, figured it out. One of my Officers requested a name change to Kabam. Kabam changed his name. He didn’t tell anyone about it. Sorry to bother you guys with this lol

Opps :) now you owe him a re-promotion? hehe

p/s: I hope he did claimed all his marvel insider prizes before the name change else he may run into other people's problem that the new prizes didn't come in to his account
  • Options
    GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    Kyndranna wrote: »
    You likely did it on accident I booted a guy once looking at his profile

If there wasn't a confirmation button for kicking, I'd have kicked half my alliance by now. Almost every time I tap on kick instead of view profile