**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Alliance Wars Seasons Discussion Thread

Comments

• HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    Primmer79 wrote: »
    So now that the AW season is soon coming to close, I thought about a potential change that could greatly improve the competitiveness and integrity of the system: Rather than choosing when you want to search for matchmaking, have the matchmaking occur at a pre-determined set date and time. Prior to that, you can either choose to opt-in or opt-out for your alliance to participate in the war. The same schedule of 3 wars a week can continue.

This will prevent alliances from colluding and avoiding each other especially in the top tiers. It will also allow the system to match alliances more close together in war rating, rather than having to match based on the only available alliances in search mode. In AW seasons, most alliances want 3 wars a week and regardless of timezone they usually start wars around the same time anyway. There is no real benefit to the players of allowing to choose when exactly to start an alliance war, other than for colluding. If you only want to do 1 or 2 wars a week you still have that option.

What if an alliance is willing to do only 2 wars per week, but wants it to start/end at decent times for their time zone

Yes that would be a downside. But just how AQ starts at a set time, AW would do so the same way. And AW takes less time/has less nodes so if they could manage AQ they could manage AW.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    I just hope they realize the matchmaking process afffected more than one alliance. It did prevent that alliance from finding a match on the first day but the delays on finding a match over the 3 searches we did cost us a third war because the first 2 searches took a combined 4 hours and our last search ended after 2 hours since we never found a match. We lose our chance at plat q rewards since we are currently 15th in plat 2. We might even miss out on plat 2 rewards
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    Plat 1*
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian
    So now that the AW season is soon coming to close, I thought about a potential change that could greatly improve the competitiveness and integrity of the system: Rather than choosing when you want to search for matchmaking, have the matchmaking occur at a pre-determined set date and time. Prior to that, you can either choose to opt-in or opt-out for your alliance to participate in the war. The same schedule of 3 wars a week can continue.

This will prevent alliances from colluding and avoiding each other especially in the top tiers. It will also allow the system to match alliances more close together in war rating, rather than having to match based on the only available alliances in search mode. In AW seasons, most alliances want 3 wars a week and regardless of timezone they usually start wars around the same time anyway. There is no real benefit to the players of allowing to choose when exactly to start an alliance war, other than for colluding. If you only want to do 1 or 2 wars a week you still have that option.

I would have to agree with this suggestion. I believe that the best way to have the absolute best match making within the system would be for the game servers to know exactly which alliances are and are not participating on a particular day so the most fair and diverse match ups can be created. By "fair" I mean alliances that are closely matched in war capability (war rating being the current metric for that) and by "diverse" I mean that all alliances get matched up against the largest number of different alliances at or near their rating rather than the same ones repeatedly.

As to @Primmer79 's issue with timeshifting, that's a reasonable objection. I'm not sure what the best way to address that would be, but I think there are ways. If it was me, I would throw out the energy management element of the war. While it might have a place in AQ, I don't think AW is best served with that extra element. Instead I would consider concentrating on the fighting element itself and allow players to move through the map at their own capability. That would reduce the need to start or end wars at a particular time without worrying about running out of time.
  • AnonymousAnonymous Posts: 508 ★★★
    o1kqr8arxfgb.jpeg
    This sums up alliance war season 1
  • MkdemariaMkdemaria Posts: 119
    Has anyone brought up the suggestion to have each AW Season be a specific number of Wars that take place throughout the specific time frame? I feel like that would solve the issue that MMXIV encountered and would solve many other issues where other alliances weren't able to find a match and ended up with 2 matches during a week instead of 3.
  • KuBcOoLKuBcOoL Posts: 45
    0p77rm4te0xl.png

Any indication on how long this hiatus will be?
    57yvbg6wd0a6.jpeg
  • Dark_King888Dark_King888 Posts: 227
    Where are these sentinels and bosses anyway? Do they come next season? I bet this means we pay up for the next seasons rewards. With so many new champs at higher tiers coming in, atleast add a lot of Gold to AQ. That would numb the hole a bit before sticks are shoved.
    Flag me if you want, the truth is if you want to win in platinum 1 or master, it’s all about who has the best pilot.
  • OmniOmni Posts: 574 ★★★
    Can we change the multiplier in t4 from 4.5 to 5? This will actually give people in gold1 top 100 a chance to compete in platinum 3 in season 2.

We’ve been stuck in the same place pretty much all season and win 6-7 every 10 wars.

I’ve brought it up before but losing in t3 is too close in points to winning in t4. Its been fighting an uphill battle all season because the multipliers don’t scale appropriately.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian
    Omni wrote: »
    Can we change the multiplier in t4 from 4.5 to 5? This will actually give people in gold1 top 100 a chance to compete in platinum 3 in season 2.

We’ve been stuck in the same place pretty much all season and win 6-7 every 10 wars.

I’ve brought it up before but losing in t3 is too close in points to winning in t4. Its been fighting an uphill battle all season because the multipliers don’t scale appropriately.

If they decide to change multipliers, they should probably change all the multipliers above tier 4. Instead of increasing tier 4 from 4.5 to 5 which closes the gap between tier 4 and 3 but increases the gap between 5 and 4 (although it does come close to proportionately splitting the gap) it would be better to keep the multiplier for tier 4 at 4.5 and decrease the multiplers for tier 1 through 3 to 7x, 6x, and 5x. That would make all the multiplier gaps between tiers 1 through 4 more consistent with the multiplier gaps everywhere else.
  • OmniOmni Posts: 574 ★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Omni wrote: »

If they decide to change multipliers, they should probably change all the multipliers above tier 4. Instead of increasing tier 4 from 4.5 to 5 which closes the gap between tier 4 and 3 but increases the gap between 5 and 4 (although it does come close to proportionately splitting the gap) it would be better to keep the multiplier for tier 4 at 4.5 and decrease the multiplers for tier 1 through 3 to 7x, 6x, and 5x. That would make all the multiplier gaps between tiers 1 through 4 more consistent with the multiplier gaps everywhere else.

Yeah that works...something anything to even it out and make it possible to move up
  • roastedbagelroastedbagel Posts: 346 ★★★
    edited March 2018
    DJSergy wrote: »
    Gold bracket is broken. I understand kabam wants people to strive for platinum and the rewards must be significantly more, but the fact that finishing top 100 in gold will get the same rewards as someone who finish 1000 its just plain wrong

I was just thinking about this the other day. As an alliance that's dangerously close to the bottom of Plat 3 but has been clawing our way tooth and nail (including matching against an alliance using mods) to stay there, the thought of dropping down to gold is disappointing of course, but it's really bad knowing an alliance much lower than us all around 1000 places down gets the same rewards as us who's been fighting MUCH harder fights the last couple months.

I know kabam will be tweaking stuff after season end, and I truly hope that's one of them. Gold #1000 should NOT be getting the same rewards as Gold #1.
  • Ok was in allaince and won a lot of wars and just got kicked ——-will I still rewards
    When it ends in couple days
  • ?
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    Ok was in allaince and won a lot of wars and just got kicked ——-will I still rewards
    When it ends in couple days

No, this has been clearly stated multiple times on AW season threads.
  • VimesVonlipVimesVonlip Posts: 177 ★★
    Gold bracket is broken. I understand kabam wants people to strive for platinum and the rewards must be significantly more, but the fact that finishing top 100 in gold will get the same rewards as someone who finish 1000 its just plain wrong

I was just thinking about this the other day. As an alliance that's dangerously close to the bottom of Plat 3 but has been clawing our way tooth and nail (including matching against an alliance using mods) to stay there, the thought of dropping down to gold is disappointing of course, but it's really bad knowing an alliance much lower than us all around 1000 places down gets the same rewards as us who's been fighting MUCH harder fights the last couple months.

I know kabam will be tweaking stuff after season end, and I truly hope that's one of them. Gold #1000 should NOT be getting the same rewards as Gold #1.

Everyone is fighting just as hard as you guys, we're just not spending as much money to be as high. Get off your high horse. If you're in that tier you get the same as everyone else. Especially the ones fighting "tooth and nail" to get into gold 1.
    I’ll just keep addressing this I guess. So, if a platinum 1 skilled alliance wants to stay in platinum 1, they have to pilot with their best guy(s). If they don’t, they lose, not because the other alliance is more skilled, which would be fine, but because they are clearing everything without dying on your entire board with their best player moving everyone.
    This has a detrimental effect on alliance wars, not the most skilled alliance wins, but the best pilot.
  • BrutalMiraBrutalMira Posts: 235
    @Kabam Miike this is the end of the season 1 is there any time frame how many days or weeks we can get the rewards of the season 1.
  • roastedbagelroastedbagel Posts: 346 ★★★
    edited April 2018

Everyone is fighting just as hard as you guys, we're just not spending as much money to be as high. Get off your high horse. If you're in that tier you get the same as everyone else. Especially the ones fighting "tooth and nail" to get into gold 1.

Yea I highly doubt guys are fighting 5* R5 bosses with 340k health at the bottom portion of gold 1.

In fact the very idea that wars around #1 Gold are tier 3 whereas at the bottom its tier 6/7/8 means our wars are objectively more difficult.
  • VOLT14CVOLT14C Posts: 3
    @Kabam Miike Is there a system in place to stop officers kicking the whole alliance just before the season ends? I can answer that for you... No.
    VOLT14C wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike Is there a system in place to stop officers kicking the whole alliance just before the season ends? I can answer that for you... No.

No, but there’s a system in place to stop so many alliance jumpers from ruining it for 29 other people.
  • You actually eliminated AW diversity and now most of the wars are fights against NC, Hyperion, Spiders and a couple of other champions. Shameful! And then you have the courage to talk about Blade to be nerfed ... Sorry for my English
  • deadheatdeadheat Posts: 20
    edited April 2018
    Summoners!

We've just announced an exciting new addition to The Contest! Alliance Wars Seasons are coming! Alliance Wars Seasons are going to be the most competitive new mode in the game, and will be the go to place for all of the rarest items in the game!

Find out everything you need to know here.

@Kabam Miike when will season 1 rewards come out?

And, if not if the next day or two, do I need to remain in my alliance until such rewards are sent out?
  • deadheatdeadheat Posts: 20
    @Kabam Miike when will Season 1 rewards come out?
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    AW seasons have been a disaster all around. Great job Kabam!!!