**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Alliance Wars Seasons Discussion Thread

Comments

• ElsaEternalElsaEternal Posts: 97
    The question everyone is asking is if the blackout has changed. Is it still "participate in 5 wars to qualify" or has it changed to "must remain in alliance for the remainder of the season" like the banner in game states?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    The Blackout should still be the same. No mention of a change has been posted.
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    Primmer79 wrote: »
    Cpt9Toes wrote: »
    Based on the way they handle everything, they view One war as the session, so it doesn’t matter how many you run in a week, one war is Wed-Mon.

yeah... no...this is not how it should be run. no reward system has a wait period of a month+

You have to be in your alliance to claim SA rewards. Were people expecting to claim multiple rewards from multiple alliances?

Not where I was going with this. You're saying one war is wed-mon, but you need 5 wars to be considered part of an alliance. i.e. you need over a month in an alliance to qualify for rank rewards. SA is days.
  • Hey everyone, I wanted to pop in here and clear some things up. Some of the statements that I've seen some questions about were made in reference to the rewards given out at the end of an AW season. So, in order to qualify for those end of season rewards, you must have participated in at least 5 wars with an alliance by the end of a season, and be in that alliance when the rewards are distributed.
  • 420sam420sam Posts: 526 ★★★
    edited March 2018
    linux wrote: »
    Hey everyone, I wanted to pop in here and clear some things up. Some of the statements that I've seen some questions about were made in reference to the rewards given out at the end of an AW season. So, in order to qualify for those end of season rewards, you must have participated in at least 5 wars with an alliance by the end of a season, and be in that alliance when the rewards are distributed.

This seems like it opens up opportunities for abuse -- folks being kicked before the penultimate week to make way for friends or other. I don't have an easy answer, but it seems likely the forums will be flooded by folks who were kicked (for good or bad reasons) too late to join another alliance and get rewards.

I don't disagree, but I think it is more likely to be abused if there were no rules to govern or ward off jumping.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian
    linux wrote: »
    Hey everyone, I wanted to pop in here and clear some things up. Some of the statements that I've seen some questions about were made in reference to the rewards given out at the end of an AW season. So, in order to qualify for those end of season rewards, you must have participated in at least 5 wars with an alliance by the end of a season, and be in that alliance when the rewards are distributed.

This seems like it opens up opportunities for abuse -- folks being kicked before the penultimate week to make way for friends or other. I don't have an easy answer, but it seems likely the forums will be flooded by folks who were kicked (for good or bad reasons) too late to join another alliance and get rewards.

But that would screw their friend as well because their friend wouldn't be in the alliance long enough to receive the season rewards. It would be better for your friend if you let them stay in the alliance they are in, collect those season rewards no matter how low they might be, then invite them to your alliance. This only seems to make sense if there are enough wars for your friend to qualify in your alliance after invite.

The abuse can happen in theory, but people get kicked before AQ rewards already. It sucks, but it is also part of alliance management.
    Cpt9Toes wrote: »
    Based on the way they handle everything, they view One war as the session, so it doesn’t matter how many you run in a week, one war is Wed-Mon.

I'm trying to figure out how anyone could possibly have been led to believe this is true. There's nothing even remotely close to that being said anywhere that I can think of.
  • DrVD99DrVD99 Posts: 71
    It’s a pay to win game guys. Don’t complain. No point. Look at the positive side of this. They have improved the wars. Yet Kabam needs to improve the rewards for each individual war win by 20%.
  • DrVD99DrVD99 Posts: 71
    It’s a pay to win game guys. Don’t complain. No point. Look at the positive side of this. They have improved the wars. Yet Kabam needs to improve the rewards for each individual war win by 20%.
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    They need to add a stronger deterrent to stop some alliances from spending so much time win or cheat.

We've lost to a few cheating alliances in the past and this current alliance we're facing we may lose for the fact that they are spending lots to win and just chucking themselves at our defense with no regard for anything and have racked up over a 100 deaths already which is ridiculous.

As flawed as the old system was it mostly stopped this but now that they added seasons and took the penalty for deaths out some alliances are encouraged to spend or cheat to won which throws skill out the window. Yes losing out at the attack bonus hurts but it's not a big enough deterrent to stop alliances from spending their way through.

I like they changed the rewards and gave us something to work for however I still don't like the map or the system that they have now since it might be more flawed then the previous ones in the past though a bit better than the previous iteration.

• Maverick75Maverick75 Posts: 628 ★★★
    @Kabam Zibiit et @Kabam Miike

Maybe I missed an information so please could you confirm :
    If someone plays for example 6 AW in team A, then go to team B and plays 5 AW, and finally comes back to team A, is his AW count reset to 0 when he comes back ?

And a request :

Leaders and officers need to know how many AW each member played in the alliance for the season. Or at least a flag to show who has the quota of 5 AW.

How can alliances that don’t play 3-group AW get this information ???

To see it in the GUI should even have been a requirement for AW season start !
    Maverick75 wrote: »
    @Kabam Zibiit et @Kabam Miike

Maybe I missed an information so please could you confirm :
    If someone plays for example 6 AW in team A, then go to team B and plays 5 AW, and finally comes back to team A, is his AW count reset to 0 when he comes back ?

Yes. It was stated that every time you leave an alliance your counter resets to zero. When you join an alliance, even if it was an alliance you were in before, you must participate in five wars to be eligible for season rewards.

The counter isn't reset to zero when you go back. It is reset to zero when you leave. Once it is reset to zero, it is zero, period. The only way to make the counter not zero is to fight wars. You can rejoin an alliance you were with previously, but your counter is still zero.

Ref: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/286283/#Comment_286283
    The counter resets every time you leave an Alliance.
  • Ortem420Ortem420 Posts: 76
    I have a major problem with AW matchmaking and have been since forever. There are 3 MAJOR problems with AW and this new AW “seasons”(just another term for “getting them to spend more”) doesn’t change anything.
    1. Where in this world is it considered a FAIR or EVEN matchup when you put an Alliance with a Rating of 5Mil against and Alliance with a Rating of 9Mil almost 10?
    2. What is the whole point of having all these rankings of Silver, Gold and Platinum? Shouldn’t Alliances be matches up against other Alliances in the same ranking? Like an Alliance of 5Mil Rating Gold 3 ranking against another Alliance of similar rating and ranking. Not a 4Mil differece in Rating and different rankings like Silver 1 against Gold 1. Kinda doesn’t make sense there buddy.
    3. Lastly, if matchmaking is going to be so far apart and that unfair. Then why even have Rating or AW Rating? Why event bother the Grade one Alliance is in if your still going to pin them against an Alliance of a different Tier, Grade, Rating and Ranking. Seems like none of these matter or are even taken into consideration. The only rule you guys follow is AW Rating and everything else is just there to look pretty.

I honestly am starting to feel like you guys do this on purpose so the Alliance that got screwed in the matchmaking can be forced or obligated to spend in order to even have a speckle of a chance.
    You guys seriously need to consider all of this and address the problem ASAP. I see tons of forums of other ppl having this same issue and yet you guys never acknowledge it or address the problem. It’s like you guys don’t want to cuz it's your money maker. How more greedy can you get? Please do something about this issue. Make Marvel fun again. Like it used to be.
    Ortem420 wrote: »
    I have a major problem with AW matchmaking and have been since forever. There are 3 MAJOR problems with AW and this new AW “seasons”(just another term for “getting them to spend more”) doesn’t change anything.
    1. Where in this world is it considered a FAIR or EVEN matchup when you put an Alliance with a Rating of 5Mil against and Alliance with a Rating of 9Mil almost 10?
    2. What is the whole point of having all these rankings of Silver, Gold and Platinum? Shouldn’t Alliances be matches up against other Alliances in the same ranking? Like an Alliance of 5Mil Rating Gold 3 ranking against another Alliance of similar rating and ranking. Not a 4Mil differece in Rating and different rankings like Silver 1 against Gold 1. Kinda doesn’t make sense there buddy.
    3. Lastly, if matchmaking is going to be so far apart and that unfair. Then why even have Rating or AW Rating? Why event bother the Grade one Alliance is in if your still going to pin them against an Alliance of a different Tier, Grade, Rating and Ranking. Seems like none of these matter or are even taken into consideration. The only rule you guys follow is AW Rating and everything else is just there to look pretty.

1. Alliance rating has nothing to do with matching. Matching is done based on war rating. You want an example of how a 9 million alliance and a 5 million alliance could hypothetically be a fair match? Okay: I clone your alliance, and in the clone I delete all the 2* and 3* champions, plus all the 4* champions not ranked up past 3/30. That would probably be a 5 million rating alliance that was exactly identical in war strength to your alliance. Because alliance rating counts every single champion every single player has, and it doesn't factor in the skills of the players it doesn't represent war strength well. War rating does, because the only things that affect war rating are wins and losses.

2. I believe you are confusing seasonal reward brackets with alliance war rating tiers. Your war rating places you into a war tier which you can see in your alliance screen. It is just a number: tier 1, tier 2, etc. You are matched against alliance with similar rating which will generally also be in your tier. However, the seasonal brackets - gold, silver, platinum, etc - are a function of how many points you have. You are not matched against alliances by bracket. The bracket just specifies how many points you've earned, and what reward you will eventually get if you stay in that bracket to the end of the season. A tier 1 alliance that has fought just one war all season might have just 1.5 million points and be in the bronze bracket. A tier 8 alliance that has fought all season could easily have way more polints and be in the gold tier. But that tier 1 alliance will still get matched against other tier 1 alliances, and the tier 8 would still get matched against other tier 8s.

3. See above.
  • Ortem420Ortem420 Posts: 76
    DNA3000 wrote: »

1. Alliance rating has nothing to do with matching. Matching is done based on war rating. You want an example of how a 9 million alliance and a 5 million alliance could hypothetically be a fair match? Okay: I clone your alliance, and in the clone I delete all the 2* and 3* champions, plus all the 4* champions not ranked up past 3/30. That would probably be a 5 million rating alliance that was exactly identical in war strength to your alliance. Because alliance rating counts every single champion every single player has, and it doesn't factor in the skills of the players it doesn't represent war strength well. War rating does, because the only things that affect war rating are wins and losses.

2. I believe you are confusing seasonal reward brackets with alliance war rating tiers. Your war rating places you into a war tier which you can see in your alliance screen. It is just a number: tier 1, tier 2, etc. You are matched against alliance with similar rating which will generally also be in your tier. However, the seasonal brackets - gold, silver, platinum, etc - are a function of how many points you have. You are not matched against alliances by bracket. The bracket just specifies how many points you've earned, and what reward you will eventually get if you stay in that bracket to the end of the season. A tier 1 alliance that has fought just one war all season might have just 1.5 million points and be in the bronze bracket. A tier 8 alliance that has fought all season could easily have way more polints and be in the gold tier. But that tier 1 alliance will still get matched against other tier 1 alliances, and the tier 8 would still get matched against other tier 8s.

3. See above.

First. Why would any Alliance in their right mind not level up their champs past 3/30? Be reasonable now. It just doesn’t make sense. If you want to take advantage of everything the game has to offer, you’ll need champs better that rank 3. Let’s be real now.

Second. I know the difference between the season tiers and AW tiers. But what is stopping a top Alliance from purposely losing some of their first AWs they competed in so they can get matched up against weaker Alliances and have an easy path to better season tier prizes. Whether you win or lose you still accumulate points. They could easily win one war of the week and gain a good amount of points. Then, for the remaining matches of that week, they purposely lose yet still manage to accumulate sufficient points to stay at say Tier Gold 1. All it takes is losing by exploration and it could be as much as 1% yet still have sufficient points for the reward tier. I mean, when they win, they can easily win by a ton of points and at the same time when they lose. It could be by just a few. It could easily be done.

And finally. Back to them selling their champs. Yes, they can choose to sell all their 1-2* or even 3* champs to lower their rating. Some probably have done so in hopes to get easier matches. Then why can’t KABAM keep track of that Alliances original Rating before they started selling and match them with Alliances at their original rating. Just how they are able to tell How long a member has been with a certain Alliance and know if they have won 5 or more AW with that same Alliance in order to qualify for the season rewards. I think a similar method could be applied here. Cuz honestly, and let’s not beat around the bush. An Alliances total Rating plays a HUGE factor on how evenly matched they will be. I can understand a difference of lets say 2M between Alliances and still consider it an even matchup. But a difference of 4M!!! Come on. Even if they sold champs or not. To drop 4M from just selllng 1-3* champs, they would need a ton of those champs and all might need to be maxed out. Even so. I again highly doubt any Allianceè would request that any of their members sell their champs. The whole purpose of it is to be the top Alliance and have a Rating to match. So like I said earlier. Let’s be real.

As for the skill difference. You can be as skillful as the next guy. Or even better. But when you’re up against an Alliance whose whole roster consist of members That are LV 60 and have duped 5* champs at Rank 4 and their whole defense is packed with some of those 5* champs, some 5* Rank 3 duped, or duped 4* champs Rank 5 and are at LV 99. Your going to get to a point where skills just don’t factor anymore. Especially if you’re just a LV 55 and only have a handful of 5* champs undped and maybe a few 4* R5 duped. Not to mention the inhuman capabilities of the AI. Then ppl wonder why some decide to start using hacks or mods. It’s because of these unfair matchmakings. It’s like we’re left with that or spending money.
  • AnonymousAnonymous Posts: 508 ★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »

3. See above.

First. Why would any Alliance in their right mind not level up their champs past 3/30? Be reasonable now. It just doesn’t make sense. If you want to take advantage of everything the game has to offer, you’ll need champs better that rank 3. Let’s be real now.

Second. I know the difference between the season tiers and AW tiers. But what is stopping a top Alliance from purposely losing some of their first AWs they competed in so they can get matched up against weaker Alliances and have an easy path to better season tier prizes. Whether you win or lose you still accumulate points. They could easily win one war of the week and gain a good amount of points. Then, for the remaining matches of that week, they purposely lose yet still manage to accumulate sufficient points to stay at say Tier Gold 1. All it takes is losing by exploration and it could be as much as 1% yet still have sufficient points for the reward tier. I mean, when they win, they can easily win by a ton of points and at the same time when they lose. It could be by just a few. It could easily be done.

And finally. Back to them selling their champs. Yes, they can choose to sell all their 1-2* or even 3* champs to lower their rating. Some probably have done so in hopes to get easier matches. Then why can’t KABAM keep track of that Alliances original Rating before they started selling and match them with Alliances at their original rating. Just how they are able to tell How long a member has been with a certain Alliance and know if they have won 5 or more AW with that same Alliance in order to qualify for the season rewards. I think a similar method could be applied here. Cuz honestly, and let’s not beat around the bush. An Alliances total Rating plays a HUGE factor on how evenly matched they will be. I can understand a difference of lets say 2M between Alliances and still consider it an even matchup. But a difference of 4M!!! Come on. Even if they sold champs or not. To drop 4M from just selllng 1-3* champs, they would need a ton of those champs and all might need to be maxed out. Even so. I again highly doubt any Allianceè would request that any of their members sell their champs. The whole purpose of it is to be the top Alliance and have a Rating to match. So like I said earlier. Let’s be real.

As for the skill difference. You can be as skillful as the next guy. Or even better. But when you’re up against an Alliance whose whole roster consist of members That are LV 60 and have duped 5* champs at Rank 4 and their whole defense is packed with some of those 5* champs, some 5* Rank 3 duped, or duped 4* champs Rank 5 and are at LV 99. Your going to get to a point where skills just don’t factor anymore. Especially if you’re just a LV 55 and only have a handful of 5* champs undped and maybe a few 4* R5 duped. Not to mention the inhuman capabilities of the AI. Then ppl wonder why some decide to start using hacks or mods. It’s because of these unfair matchmakings. It’s like we’re left with that or spending money.

I stopped reading about halfway because it wasn’t making any sense. Most top alliances have plenty of champs not ranked past rank 3. Only useful ones usually get ranked up, especially since the focus is mainly 5*s and resources can dwindle quickly.

Second, no top alliances are purposely losing any matches to get matchups with easier alliances. How do I know? Because if they drop to a lower bracket, the multiplier is lower, hence lower points overall for the season. I honestly think they’ve made leaps and bounds of progress regarding war. It’s much more competitive and fun and there’s a lot on the line to the season rankings.
  • Iam4everIam4ever Posts: 5
    Whats to keep people
    From jmping from alliances to allinances joining stronger or weaker ones during war season seeing how u only need five war plays to be eligible to recevie them i think if u jump u should lose them but if u are kicked the u are eligable for the wars u played that keeps alliances from monopolizing war...
  • AlexJrSousa16AlexJrSousa16 Posts: 16
    Olá kabam meu nome é Alex Jr. Jogo a 1ano e 6 meses Marvel Torneio de Campeões, esse aí é meu perfil no jogo. Dia 16 desse mês faço 25 anos e tenho um cristal 5* estrelas. Gostaria muito que você me desse um campeão de 5* muito bom da classe que não tenho. Pois já tenho 2 cósmico 5* e 4 científico 5* peço de coração! Abraços. hmv03t0375zr.png
  • Olá kabam meu nome é Alex Jr. Jogo a 1ano e 6 meses Marvel Torneio de Campeões, esse aí é meu perfil no jogo. Dia 16 desse mês faço 25 anos e tenho um cristal 5* estrelas. Gostaria muito que você me desse um campeão de 5* muito bom da classe que não tenho. Pois já tenho 2 cósmico 5* e 4 científico 5* peço de coração! Abraços. hmv03t0375zr.png

If my rough understanding of Spanish is correct, your asking kabam to give you a good 5* champion of a certain class? Not sure it works that way bro.
  • GatorSlam_MrvKnGatorSlam_MrvKn Posts: 211
    edited March 2018
    Is the next AW season (post 4/3/18) starting right away? Or will there be a gap in between seasons?
  • MagicBentonMagicBenton Posts: 278 ★★★
    Is the next AW season (post 4/3/18) starting right away? Or will there be a gap in between seasons?

I would also appreciate an answer to this...

I believe in the OP they mentioned a downtime between season 2
  • Xthea9Xthea9 Posts: 829 ★★
    How does this AW point rating works, if I win I will get +68 point if opponent AW rating is more or less equal , if I lose then -78 points if I have a few points higher AW rating then my opponent. Does any one know what are these points and how it gets calculated.
  • KevinFF1961KevinFF1961 Posts: 93
    Will rewards be given out the same day or will there be a small lag?
  • roastedbagelroastedbagel Posts: 346 ★★★
    @Ad0ra_ @Kabam Miike

I've been pretty vocal this last week along with another alliance about fighting against a cheating alliance. Their info is being investigated per support but my concern is the fact that they're taking a spot currently in platinum. If they're deemed cheating by kabam will their spot be removed? As luck would have it, my alliance regularly teeters between platinum and gold and in more than one occasion sit at gold #1 like right now.

Will there be concessions made for us like those of the top alliance who wasn't able to find matches but will be rewarded regardless at the end?

If we happen to end the season at this position and the cheating alliance is still in platinum it would be the most disappointing event in my 3.5 years here. All the excruciating work we've put in to do our best will be sorely tainted. Please, please think about this when the season ends for *whoever* ends up in Gold #1 spot, thanks. tp1g7qeyb5nm.png
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    It should be that their spot would be removed but somehow I doubt kabam would retrospectively hand out sets of rewards to each alliance that moves up a tier since you’d have gold2,3 and silver 1,2,3 and stone etc etc
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    So now that the AW season is soon coming to close, I thought about a potential change that could greatly improve the competitiveness and integrity of the system: Rather than choosing when you want to search for matchmaking, have the matchmaking occur at a pre-determined set date and time. Prior to that, you can either choose to opt-in or opt-out for your alliance to participate in the war. The same schedule of 3 wars a week can continue.

This will prevent alliances from colluding and avoiding each other especially in the top tiers. It will also allow the system to match alliances more close together in war rating, rather than having to match based on the only available alliances in search mode. In AW seasons, most alliances want 3 wars a week and regardless of timezone they usually start wars around the same time anyway. There is no real benefit to the players of allowing to choose when exactly to start an alliance war, other than for colluding. If you only want to do 1 or 2 wars a week you still have that option.
    So now that the AW season is soon coming to close, I thought about a potential change that could greatly improve the competitiveness and integrity of the system: Rather than choosing when you want to search for matchmaking, have the matchmaking occur at a pre-determined set date and time. Prior to that, you can either choose to opt-in or opt-out for your alliance to participate in the war. The same schedule of 3 wars a week can continue.

This will prevent alliances from colluding and avoiding each other especially in the top tiers. It will also allow the system to match alliances more close together in war rating, rather than having to match based on the only available alliances in search mode. In AW seasons, most alliances want 3 wars a week and regardless of timezone they usually start wars around the same time anyway. There is no real benefit to the players of allowing to choose when exactly to start an alliance war, other than for colluding. If you only want to do 1 or 2 wars a week you still have that option.

What if an alliance is willing to do only 2 wars per week, but wants it to start/end at decent times for their time zone